1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[moestavern] Raiders Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by robbie380, Dec 4, 2011.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

lol @ domination

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It's why I continue to laugh at his cult of supporters. They actually have good arguments available to them now, but are too used to the crutch of hyperbole to be taken seriously.

I hope Tebow kicks ass Saturday night, that's for sure.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Sorry, but the exact same thing is true on the opposite side as well. Mel Kiper asked Tebow if he could catch the ball, then said he ruined his draft position by saying he was only interested in playing QB and would now be a 5th rounder.

Hoge said "It's embarrassing to think the Broncos could win with Tebow!!"

4. SacTown

SacTown Member

316 yards passing against the Steelers D bro, just admit you were wrong about Tebow. Moes did. Man up.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I am in no way, shape or form your bro.

6. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Hmm.

You mean 23-16? Like, 1 touchdown?

You mean when McGahee fumbled on Denver's own 48 yard line with 8 minutes to play?

lol.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

As I was saying...

8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

You guyz clearly didn't watch the game brodudes. Just admit it my brosephs. My, my sacbros. My, my, my tebros.

9. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

So in one of the fantasy leagues I'm in, I happened to be facing Moes last week. He was crushing me throughout the week and had a 7-2 lead going into Saturday. Sometime Friday I changed my team name from Max Power to The Fighting Teebows and wrote some crap about epic Biblical comebacks. He was not amused. It's just some friendly ribbing for me, for I don't spend too much time thoroughly going through the details of the story lines going on in here, but I did know Moes has left because of Teebow for some reason (I guess I should read this thread). Anyhow, on miracle Sunday, not only did Teebow win, but The Fighting Teebows also squeaked out a 5-4 last minute fantasy hoops victory on the strength of LaMarcus Aldridge making his final 3 jumpers to finish his shooting from 7-18 to 10-21 from the floor, sealing the FG% category win for me by .002 percentage points. Feels good. Sorry Moes for sharing this. I'm super competitive in the fantasy hoops, but the Teebow stuff was just silly fun.

10. SacTown

SacTown Member

Epic fail and self ownage. Denver was up 20-6.

Another fail. Broncos were on their own 48. It was 1st down, and McGahee ran 6 yards and fumbled, so Pitt recovered on their own 44. NOT the Denver 48. And there was 7:35 to play with the clock running. They were about to seal the game there. It would have been 2nd and 4 with the click ticking away..

Donny - We all know you hate religion but that's no reason to make up incorrect stats and numbers to support your agenda.

lol.[/QUOTE]

11. SacTown

SacTown Member

You're agreeing with the incorrect numbers he just posted and you still think the Broncos are the worst playoff team in the history of the NFL? Just admit you were wrong and we can move on.

12. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Go look for yourself.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/20120...enu=highlights&tab=analyze&analyze=playbyplay

Or better yet, watch it here.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d825d4c83/Steelers-force-McGahee-fumble

It was 23-16. Suisham had just kicked a 37 yard field goal. There was 7 minutes and 43 seconds on the clock. And yes, McGahee fumbled in Pittsburgh territory, however, the LOS was in Denver territory. But you said "deep" in Steeler territory, you consider 6 yards beyond the 50 "deep"? :confused: And that is enough time left on the clock for 2, maybe 3 more possessions in the game. (Pittsburgh had all 3 timeouts, btw)

Look, you said something wrong and got called out on it, don't make it worse by doubling down on it.

#212 DonnyMost, Jan 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  13. SacTown

SacTown Member

I understand where the confusion is now. I said "Denver was up big" which meant they were up 20-6 in the game. I wasn't referring to what the score was when McGahee fumbled. They were "up big" (20-6), got screwed by that bad call on the lateral, McGahee fumbled in Pitt territory on a 1st down play with the clock ticking away, Champ bailey dropped a sure interception, and the catch by Cotchery was a miracle similar to that David Tyree play. Steelers were very fortunate to get this game to overtime - which is why I say Denver dominated....

14. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Yes, you were.

Stop digging a deeper hole for yourself.

15. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Poor Moes.

16. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

What's going on with Aaron Curry?

Is he a free agent this year, is he coming back to the Raiders?

And how did he perform as a Raider?