1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mobile Gaming] Brave Frontier

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketsRed14, Mar 23, 2014.

1. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Anyone play this game? Really addicting fantasy rpg kind of like golden sun or fire emblem. Its one of those games that don't require your full attention where you could be watching a game and play during timeouts and stuff. You get some rare monsters that you can evolve to make them look more badass and stronger. Developers really take care of their gamers also. Where there is an issue they always compensate people with free stuff and there are constant events that make rarer stuff a little more acquirable.

I've had it for only about 3 days and I can't seem to put it down. If anyone has it post your friend code so I may add you to help me on my quests lol. If your new add me so I too may be your friend who can accompany you and we'll both get a metal gods :p.

My current team:
    8 blade sefia (leader)
    Holy queen luna
    Wyvern
    Goth kiruki
    Twin gem rickel

Friend code: 6657932809

1 person likes this.
  2. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Just tried it, reminded me of that Dragon Age mobile game.

Friend request sent.

3. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Cool. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. If you need tips and stuff don't hesitate to ask me lol. FYI, your going to want to go into the iImperial capital to claim your metal and jewel keys.They'll be extremely important a little later in the game when your desperate to level up characters.

Metal monsters give you a lot of exp for leveling up your characters and jewel monsters are best for selling.

4. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Congrats on the maxed Blade God Seria :)

I want to make a game like this eventually.

5. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I've been playing it for a little while (I missed this thread when it was posted, or else I might have started playing it sooner). It is really addicting, although I do have a love-hate relationship with it at times. The servers are always acting up, but on the bright side, that just means they give out lots of stuff. Some of their special events could also be implemented better (the Victory Tournament going on now is a good idea executed poorly).

I feel I got lucky with my Rare Summons. Maybe the rates are the same for others, but I somehow ended up with lots of good units (also got lucky with the Serin special event, and got 2 of her even though I only ran the even 6-8 times maybe). I need to take on Karl at some point (I should be able to make a great water team soon), but I've been busy maxing out several of my units (especially their BBs), and haven't felt like using up all that energy.

My player ID is 4061650208. I should give out gifts everyday (or at least I have been). I usually have a maxed out Kikuri (with a sacred jewel, level 6 BB) as my leader, but I also have a maxed out Serin and Sefia, among others (I should have Felneus and hopefully some others at some point). I can change it up if someone would prefer those other units. My current party isn't very good when it comes to synergy (2 Serins, 1 Alice, 1 Kikuri, 1 Sefia), so it doesn't usually matter to me what leader I have...for now.

6. crossover

I added you (Rob right? My SN is Echidna)

The current event is definitely too obvious of a money grab. These games are all like that unfortunately (my previous company was based on the Zynga model as well).The kompu gacha rates are more level but I'd guess they're subtly dynamic behind the scenes as well.

They did a really good job with the art. Having seen the development side, I playtest a lot of these games to keep up with trends but rarely stay hooked after I understand what tactics are being used -typical viral feeds, surface level strategy, rigged kompu gacha rates, and catering to whale spenders. But this game I keep casually playing on the side (thank god for the recently implemented Auto-battle) and other than the fact that it's a top grossing game that has more expansion content soon, I think a big reason is the art. For japanese games, that "collection" feel is extremely important in these card battle model category.

I want to make a similar SLG game of "fast strategy", accessible and simple yet much more strategic and having dynamic complexity (the "Zara" of strategy games). I think while it's been attempted many times in many forms, particularly in Asia, the game ends up as a rote grind fest where money wins (I'd categorize this game in there) or overly complex with high entry curves (older Kabam games). Both sides are highly profitable but I think there's a sweet medium.

7. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Thanks, had no idea you were echidna. Honestly thought that was Mystery008. I like that 6* Lance you got out there(my 2nd favorite after selena). I feel like seria is a little lackluster. My defense feels like it's weaker than when I had my selena/sefia as lead and the attack to all is worse than 50% to 2 characters. Maybe I was expecting too much. Going to get Karl soon since I managed to get 4 lochs and I have a Eze.

I agree with the victory tournament, a good idea poorly executed. Too many gems spammers I've given up on trying. Just going to do what I normally do and hope I land in the top 1k.

Will add you rc Cola. Mystery008 what's your in game name? I may have accidentally deleted you.

8. crossover

For the event, just run Four Pillars (St. Lamia) and getting within 1000 should be np.

I usually run 6*Lance 5[SBB], Lorand, Rickel maxed as leaders and have 6* Magress and 6* Phoenix in the works (not enough Cost and no SBB yet). I now however, usually go with 5*Tiara for the 50% damage bonus across the board.

I can play a competitive mono fire and have a lot of earth/water units but strangely have not drawn a single thunder unit yet. I guess that makes the Karl fight more difficult for me in the future.

9. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Dang, didn't know you were that stacked with 6 stars. Only ever see you with Lorand and Lance as lead.

10. crossover

The other two 6* aren't maxed, don't have SBB yet, don't have great leader skills, and I don't have enough cost to run more than one 6* at a time. So overall they're worse than using other 5* max units. My goal is to play units I like anyhow, rather than just run Felneus + 4 Douglas/Serin.

You're usually in the top 3 when I search friends list rankings btw.

#10 crossover, May 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
  11. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Man, you're telling me. Seriously not looking forward to felneus and 5 6* Douglas in the frontier... I hope his sbb is still random or single target to combat that ridiculous amount of hits. Highly doubt it though, going to be OP as hell, but I'm just being jealous. Once sefia's group gets 6* I'll be the happiest muther yucker alive.

I'm a try hard when it comes to brave frontier. I'll usually do the same unless it comes to the frontier Hunter. I'll pretty much do anything to get the highest score possible lol.

12. crossover

RC Cola seems to be a beast in PvP. I'm surprised both of you don't have more points in the current event. (Just run Four Pillars and you should be able to get in 1000 easy).

13. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Yeah, I agree. I actually don't play many mobile games since they usually don't appeal to me very much (especially if they seem too much like a money grab). But I gave this one a shot, partly because of the art, and I've been hooked ever since.

Auto-battle is great. I would love an auto-loot feature (on Android anyway). Like you, I typically just play this on the side (I do a run or an arena battle while I'm preparing for work, while I'm eating lunch, etc.).

Haha, I think I'm just consistent at always doing arena battles when I have orbs available. At some point, it just becomes a "who is first to use their BB" simulation, and since the player has the first turn, it is usually pretty easy to win (even if the opponent has a much better party). Thanks to that debug option that displays arena points (I'm assuming everyone knows about that?), I just make sure I'm always battling opponents that will net me ~200pts for a win (or cost me ~10pts at most for a loss). Funnily enough, I avoided the Arena for weeks when I started, since I thought it was an actual PvP mode (not a simulation). I wasn't really interested in playing the game like that, nor did I want my W/L record to be horrible since I was going to be a noob. Had I known it was just a simple simulation with units from both players, I'd have started using this mode from day 1 (and obtained some useful rewards).

Yeah, I'm not really trying too hard for this event. I spent most of my energy in the last few days doing Metal Parade runs and Totem runs. Both of which do not provide any victory points (I believe). I'm more interesting in leveling up and evolving some of my new units (Loch, Felneus, Douglas, Altro, Tiara, Logan, etc.) than really participating in the event. I did do some runs of Four Pillars a bit earlier though (mostly just for exp so I can do another Metal Parade run with a boost from gaining a level), so I will likely be going up the ranks now. I don't think I'd be able to get in the top 100 in my group (*maybe* if I just did nothing by Four Pillars from the start), so I'm just content to be in the top 1000. I'll just play the game like I normally do...which for the time being, is trying to prepare myself for Karl. I might be able to take him now, but I don't have many good lightning units either. I have a nearly maxed Amy, and I'm trying to evolve Loch. The rest of my lightning units are so-so. I do have like 3 Ezes, but I haven't bothered to evolve/level any of them (not really fond of that unit). I wish I had a Magress or Selena. I have a lot of strong dark and water units that could use them. I just wasn't strong enough when they had that special event for them a little while back (I had just started playing).

And I just realized I spent my energy on Thursday doing an Earth Totem run, when I probably should have done a Lightning Totem run (so I could evolve Loch). I have no Lightning Totems. :( Oh well, I can evolve Altro or Douglas sooner I guess.

14. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Is this better than honorbound? How are they different?

15. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Haven't played honor bound, but I will say yes it's better.

Japanese style art, simple click/swipe battles, rare summons, variety of units, great animation, frequently updated, nice compensations