1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MLB Postseason 2016

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ItsMyFault, Sep 20, 2016.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Why? We weren't really even supposed to win that game. I was shocked when we had a lead early against Bumgarner.

Of course, if they were to lose tonight somehow then yes I would definitely be worried in a winner-take-all game 5.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They had the lead in the 8th inning in a game where their starting pitcher hit a 3run HR off one of the greatest post-season pitchers ever... yes, that is a game that they should have won.

Also, why are you saying "We"?

3. ItsMyFault

I'm talking about going into that game. It was pretty clear that given how well Bumgarner was pitching who was favored to win. Of course the way game went, it was pretty unexpected. Did our relievers choke the lead? Yes. But it was also a 1 run game. In the postseason, 1 run games tend to go either way. Even after all of that, we still managed to take it into extra innings. I think they'll be fine. Like I said, if they lose this game 4, then I'm sure people will start worrying because there's no excuse to lose this game. Also Bumgarners numbers at home in the postseason aren't really that great. He had like a 3.71 era in 7 home postseason games before last night IIRC.

What's wrong with saying "we"?

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Jeez.. are you a Cubs fan? Why are you even having this discussion here? Did the Cubs boards meltdown after that choke job? And yes, unless you're a member of the team... there is no "we".

Sure, going into the game... it could have been looked at as a tough game to win. But that all goes out the window once they knocked out Bumgarner and had a lead in the 8th inning, with their dominant closer on the mound.

Like I said, wouldn't surprise most people (even Cubs fans on an Astros board) if they went on to lose this series... and losing winnable games sucks no matter how you break it down.

5. ItsMyFault

Seems like I make you upset even when I'm not posting in the Astros forum. You've done this once already. Did you forget you we're not in the Astros forum or.... well I guess I should cut you some slack. I don't think it really matters, but if it bothers you that much... well then I'll continue to do it because I couldn't really care less about your "we" opinion.

The closer came in with 2 runners on and no outs. Not really his fault that they blew it. Really the blame would go on Maddon for not bringing him in to start the 8th. I can probably bet that inning turns out differently if so.

Of course it sucks to lose a game when you have the lead. It's not the end of the world though. The series is short, and the game that the Cubs would have to lose to choke this series away is game 4. They have no excuses to lose this game given the pitching match up.

6. sew

sew Member

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Cubs blow this. Even year bull **** is too strong.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Eh... its one game. Anything can happen. There's no momentum either way right now.

There are some tired bullpens on both sides. Some struggling hitters as well (Rizzo)... who either start pressing or break out of it.

8. ItsMyFault

The Cubs bullpen is pretty fine outside of Montgomery and Strop. The other guys barely got much pitching out. They should all be available. I'm not sure what's going on with Rizzo, but yeah it looks like he started pressing in the extra innings. Giants hitters meanwhile seem to have got it going.

It really can't set up any better for the cubs though. They have Moore on the mount and they hit lefties pretty damn well.

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Quite the collapse by the Dodgers....walks to load the bases....then a HBP...followed by a 2 run single.

10. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Conor Gillaspie is really channeling his inner Cody Ross and Travis Ishikawa. Even year magic.

11. Uprising

Wow...even year Giants.....fun series....the NL teams are going to be exhausted.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Cubs are about to choke hard in game 5 lmao

13. Uprising

[​IMG]

They were so damn good during the regular season....didn't have to rely on the luck of 1 run games like the Rangers did...who were exposed already this post season.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Not so fast papi

15. Uprising

WOW! What a clutch inning. Can they pull this off and finish the series tonight?!

16. Willy92683

Willy92683 Member

This giants pen is a disaster

17. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

The houston Giants

18. Buck Turgidson

Except for the few Super Bowls, World Series and the ****ing Warriors. They're just like Houston pro sports.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Cynthia Cooper would like to have word with you!!

20. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Draymond threw out the first pitch, Giants blew a 3 run lead. Coincidence? I think not. Warriors 3-1 curse > even year magic