1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MLB Postseason 2016

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ItsMyFault, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Marteen

Marteen Member

This is the part where you are reminded that Houston sports are almost never allowed nice things.

2. conquistador#11

I asked this last year during our series vs him. how the f did zobrist become so awesome in bigmoments

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Man that was an unbelievable ballgame. A confluence of so many things to make for an awesome ending, regardless of which team came out on top.

5. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Ha that's exactly what I was thinking. Glad someone else brought it up.

After witnessing the Drive, the Fumble, and the Shot live as a kid, I consider myself extremely lucky to see a single championship won by Cleveland. Meanwhile Chicago can add to their inventory of chips.

In any case, congrats Cubs fans.

#365 professorjay, Nov 3, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

That was a great game.

As a guy that doesn't watch baseball anymore couldn't help but watch. Still in all it's glory I was constantly reminded why I don't watch baseball anymore. So.... slow.

I think if they just added a pitcher clock that had decent tempo... not sure if that's 20 seconds or what. But something. I'd be all over watching baseball again.

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Not really a baseball fan, except when it comes to the WS. Awesome game. Glad to have witnessed a Cubs championship. 108 years is an awful long time in between chips. Rockets fans should take comfort in that fact.

8. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I feel so bad for the Indians fans. 2nd time in my life they've lost a game 7 in the World Series in extra innings.

Really, the Indians always seem to end up losing in what are very good, close series.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

So, who is now the team with the longest drought between championships or never having won one?

I'm wondering where the Astros fall in this? God, Cubs seemed to have just started playing well one or two seasons ago. Now, here they are the champs. Why does it have to take so long for the Astros? I would say a lot of it is management. Are we on the 20 year rebuilding plan? Players have to perform obviously but it's getting the right mix of players with some luck added in.

11. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Hard to feel sorry for any other team if you are an Astros fan. We didn't even win one World Series game in our lone WS appearance.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I saw somewhere it is now the Arizona Cardinals. Im sure the Astros arent too far behind though. I just want a world series ring before that gawdam oklahoma team.

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Honestly, I'd rather lose by getting swept. Being right there, knowing you were 1 play from winning a championship.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, and knowing that if your #2 and #3 starter had been healthy, you would have won the series.... that has to be very, very hard.

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Not just that, Brantley which you can argue was their best hitter was also out. That's probably just as big of a loss as Carrasco.

Salazar was available, and I'm actually surprised he didn't go in game 6 as the SP for 5 innings over Tomlin who had 3 days rest. I would've taken my chances with Salazar even with how great Tomlin had been.

16. Nook

Nook Member

I wondered about Salazar, all I can conclude is that his arm must have been iffy. I would have gone to him in game 7 after the rain delay if he was only available in relief. You could tell Shaw was just not quite right.

17. VanityHalfBlack

18. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

This is the greatest thing ever today

ferrari77 and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  19. VanityHalfBlack

Clutchfans, Where do you rank this game 7 of the post season/world series. I'd say #1 for me. Here come the smarks in 3.....2.....1..... Blast off!

20. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

That might be the best game 7 I can ever remember watching

Bumgarner closing out the Royals in 5 innings of scoreless relief was probably the best Gm7 individual performance I've seen

VanityHalfBlack likes this.