1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MJ...Jamal Crawford...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by gettinbranded, Aug 2, 2001.

Tags:
  1. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

3. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

gb, you always seem so intent on showing how great the bulls are getting or how much talent they have....its sickening. The bulls are horrible and will be horrible for years to come , yes i know you know, and i'd say most of us don't care what happens to that team(barring a fight or some law breaking). You always have to point out what some sportswriter is writing about the "Bulls" like "oh sportswriters are writing about the bulls....I have to let everyone know...". Man its cool that you're loyal to your team, but please...who cares!

4. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

5. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

This is the NBA board, no?

6. Severe Rockets Fan

maybe i was a little harsh in what i said, but just imagine someone coming to your bulls board...yes, in the nba section, and always posting stuff on golden state. Nobody gives a bucket of spit about the warriors do they? And what if they kept saying oh jamison is Soooooo much better than Brand! OH brand sux! Jamison owns him! I know you don't post your Brand better than Francis stuff anymore, but we all remember.... That would be annoying as hell, you would think the only reason that guy is posting at all is to get a rise out of someone on that board, which is downright pathetic. Do you see all of us jumping from the lakers board, to the King's board, to the knicks board, just to say hmmmmm, look at this nice article on steve francis...man the rockets are awesome...man we are getting so much better...we are going to own next year! No we don't. I just don't understand what drives you to think we care about the team with the worst record and its rebuilding process. Oh yea, I can't believe you saw any validity in the comparing of MJ and JC. Oh my god they must really be desperate for some NBA news if they are writing crap like that.

7. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Yo Severe, chill man. You make a valid point but you don't have to be screaming in the man's face.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Damn, when he said Severe Rockets Fan, he meant really severe! :eek:

9. Severe Rockets Fan

Yea it is kind of harsh, sorry gb just thinking back to all those francis hate articles he use to write and they get to me. DOD....you have no idea how severe :D

10. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Chill out is right. If you're secure that Francis is the goods, then nothing that anyone says should rock your world.

For the record...I don't hate Francis. I think he's the bomb...but Houston is going about it the the wrong way by going after a small forward to team with him. Y'all needed a bigtime big man, and I don't mean to compare the rox to the Bulls, but you should have tried hard to parlay those picks or one or so of them into a Chandler, a Curry, a Fizer, a Brown---maybe taking a flyer on Steven Hunter.

Point guards like Stevie thrive when they have a big man that commands a double team.

11. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

GB,

I don't want to come off as belligerent, but Marcus Fizer will NOT be the player you think he will, and taking him over the likes of Miller was a horrible mistake on the part of Krause.

You could have been sitting pretty right now, with legit future starters at every position(Crawford,Mercer, Miller, Brand, Curry) without having to had sacrifice Brand.

Instead, you overpaid for a rail thin swingman with less cred on his resume than Marc Jackson and have brought in veterans near the end of their careers. But alas, Bulls fans will continue to come out to the games in droves, and you'll say how it shows they're 'loyal' even in the darkest hours of the franchise's history, despite the fact that they'll be paying to watch a team that the current mangement is content to see run in place for who knows how long.

Hey, look, it's a smiley---> :)

12. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

And I don't mean to be arrogant, but your bias and lack of any knowledge of Fizers game is showing. Your post comes across as, well, clueless.

So now Crawford is legit? Mercer isn't a dog? The argument changes to fit what you want it to fit...bashing the Bulls. Miller wasn't the best player to come out of last years draft...he just got off to the best start. Judge it after next season and you'll see what I mean.

[SIGH] It's not about this year. It's about next season or the season after when the three c's have a chance to grow up. You heard it hear first: We'll walk into the '03-04 season with the Bulls rated above the rox.

Hey, look, it's a smiley---> :)

I'm gone for two weeks. Check back later...peace

13. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

I'm not basing my judgement of him on what he's done in the league, but rather what he did in college. I've never been that impressed by his game, despite the praise scouts gave him during his college stint, and the 40 or so games that I saw him play in this past season only reaffirmed my beliefs.

This has nothing to do with Marcus Fizer being on the Bulls. I could care less what team he was on, my opinion of him would not change.

I've always felt Crawford was overrated, and that teams started salivating over him just because fit the description of the new "big guard" GM's seem to love. That doesn't mean I don't think he can be a solid starter in this league, just that he shouldn't have been picked 7th. Btw, I'd rather have Keyon Dooling.

Mercer? I've liked Mercer since his Kentucky days, and though my liking of him has deteriorated over the years, I still think he's a solid player, but not for the kind of money you threw his way.

It's NOT always about who the better player is,sometimes it's about how they fit in with your current team. Miller would have been good for the Bulls because he actually filled a need on your team, but I can only assume that at the time, Bulls management felt Ron Artest was their small forward for the future, which still doesn't explain why they picked another power forward in Fizer.

Go ahead. Keep on running in place. It's always going to be about "next season' and '2 or 3 years down the road'.

#13 tacoma park legend, Aug 4, 2001
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2001