1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mission Impossible 5: Rogue Nation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Mar 22, 2015.

1. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

wait that was real?! dayam

2. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Full Trailer is out.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gOW_azQbOjw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. SunsRocketsfan

this actually looks really really good and entertaining. An action movie that isn't crappy and overdone. i mean the stunts are insane but it's done well and doesn't just look like crappy CGI. Look forward to this movie.

4. VanityHalfBlack

Tom Cruise just said, " I run **** in Hollywood. This is my town."

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Why are you surprised? The last couple have been good times.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Not directed by Brad Bird, which is unfortunate. The new director, McQuarrie, has worked with Cruise before, so that's good.

Would be a lot more confident in the quality if Bird was director. That said, MI: movies are usually day 1 watches for me. Ghost Protocol was so good.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

3 and 4 were really good. I always enjoyed 1 and tend to ignore 2 when Hollywood was going through it's "Woo" phase....

8. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Agreed with almost everyone in here. MI:2 was hot garbage. I think there are like 8 different scenes in that movie where someone pulls off their prosthetic face to reveal - gasp! - they've been someone else for the last few scenes!

Wife and I saw the Abrams one (MI:3) in the theater and we both hated it... Well we must've been in a mood or something, because I'll be damned if 3 is not one of the most re-watchable action movies I've ever seen! Felicity's death in the helicopter is awesome and shocks me every time.

As for his filmography, there are so many highlights... from the old Risky Business days to now, everything deserves at least a cursory look. Even the Nazi movie where every German character has an accent from a different country (but not Germany!) is a good "lazy Saturday afternoon on the couch" type of movie.

Can't wait for MI:5. Good times ahead...

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I have a friend that HATES the first one
    but thinks all the others are decent to good

Rocket River

10. SunsRocketsfan

it's weird.. I was in middle school when the first one game out and thought it sucked. Too complex of a plot for me to follow at the time. I just wanted to see awesome action scenes which I felt it lacked at the time. Now i enjoy the first one and find it to be pretty entertaining.

The 2nd one I thoroughly enjoyed at the theaters and thought it was the better than the first one. But now i see it and it's by far the worst of the franchise and pretty crappy.

3rd one was entertaining and agree it has held up pretty well.

4th one was by far the best and just an awesome action flick.

MI4 > MI3/MI1 > MI2

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

!!!!!

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/how-...-impossible-rogue-nation-2015-3#ixzz3Vo9VaiC4

[​IMG]

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

8 times. What a professional.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Tom Cruise = Legend

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There are only a couple actors you just insta-wacth when it comes to action.

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That was a great trailer.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

after watching that HBO Scientology documentary, I don't see how someone could in good conscience pay to see another Tom Cruise film

1 person likes this.
  17. Juxtaposed Jolt

We're in a basketball forum so here goes:

Despite Cruise's "off court" shenanigans, there's no question the value of his "on the court" status.

Plus, it's not like any movie he's ever done was perpetuated with scientology propaganda or anything like that.

18. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

This.

The man is not just a fruit loop, he literally profits from the abuse of others WELL below him in the $cieno food chain.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Movie comes out in 4 days! HYPE!

But seriously. Sitting at 97% with 31 reviews right now, on RT. I have a feeling it's not going to keep it's % above 95 or so, but dang, it's doing really well right now.

20. 713

713 Member

Who rated this thread 1 star? wth