1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike's Mok Draft

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Lewie221, Apr 23, 2000.

1. Lewie221

Lewie221 Member

1.L.A.C. Kenyon Martin
    2.Chi. Chris Mihm*
    3.Orl. Marcus Fizer
    4.Van. Dermarr Johnson
    5.Atl. Courtney Alexander(need replacement for Rider)
    6.Chi. Erick Barkley(with Brand and Artest, i think theyre biggest need is SG or PG, so they will take the best available, Barkley)
    7.NJ. Jerome Moiso(needs a replacement for Gill, who doesnt look like will be their SF in the long run.)
    8.Cle. Mike Miller/Morris Peterson
    9.Hou. Will take which ever one Cleveland doesnt take, or package this with a possible other pick and move up to get dermarr johnson)
    10.Orl. Jaron Rush(do not need a pg(kenyon dooling) or a sg(quentin richardson) so they will take what the need, a sf
    11.Bos. Quentin Richardson*(im not sure if they will take him with this pick, they could also go with dooling here)
    12.Dal. Kenyon Dooling*
    13.Orl. Joel Przybilla(need a big man and it may be a dumb pick but, as we figured last season, Orlando is a dumb team.)
    14.Mil. Etan Thomas
    15.Det. Mateen Cleaves(Lacks shooting ability, but with Stack and Hill, that is tha last thing they need)
    16.Sac. Cory Hightower
    17.LAC Jason Collier
    18.Sea. Ernest Brown
    19.Phi. Donnell Harvey*
    20.Cha. Iakovo Tsakalidis
    21.Tor. Scoonie Penn
    22.NY. Desmond Mason
    23.Utah Chris Carrawell
    24.Pho. Mamadou N'diaye
    25.Chi. Olumide Oyededji
    26.Utah Mark Madson
    27.Por Craig Claxton
    28.Ind. Dan McClintock
    29.LAL Edwardo Najera(anyones guess who LA picks, but I think they need a PF and Najera is a pretty good one in my opinion.)

------------------

2. hakola

hakola Member

If it were Miller or MoPet I would wanna get MoPet...I think he has better overall skills that our style of play needs...Also, he has great transition game and great hops...

------------------

3. Lewie221

Lewie221 Member

I wouldnt, id take Miller, I just like his game, and i dont know....i just have this feeling that he is goin to be good.....I think he will be the next Van Horn, or Sczerbiak(nothing special, but has a bright future)

------------------
    The Rockets Championship in 2001...Be-Steve-it

4. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Miller to Sczerbiak or Van Horn? I don't see anything in common with them, other than that they're white, and play SF.

Miller's a ball handler, he plays point forward, I'd say in the young, Chicago variation of Quitten, aka Pippen, minus the suffocating defense.

Miller's shooting is good but not on par with Sczerbiak, who's more of a spot up shooter anyway.

------------------
    Rockets fans wanted at hoopsboards.com

Draft Chat, NBA Chat, Team Chat, and more!

5. Da Man

Da Man Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually Van Horn is a Power forward. Miller doesn't have the size or even close to the athleticism of Van Horn. Miller is more like a shorter Derrick McKey with a better jump shot.

------------------

6. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

What do ya'll think between Miller, Battier and Terrence Morris in terms of future pro sf's??

In my view Battier seems to be the most complete player. A combination of being an individual and team defender, good shooter and all around contributer. M. Miller seems similar, but less athletic (not unathletic, just less explosive than Battier) from what I have seen. Morris seems to have the athleticsm of a Horry or Derrick McKey--but also the passive playing style of those guys as well sharing their on-the-weaker-side for a forward upper body strength.

How do ya'll break it down??

[This message has been edited by sir scarvajal (edited April 25, 2000).]

7. vince

vince Member

What's wrong with you all?

This team needs muscel under the Basket. And the guy to get is Etan Thomas!!!!!!!

Williams, Anderson, and Mobley did an outstanding job holding down the fort for the SG and the SF.

Okay, here's the deal, if the Rockets draft a SF then Mobley is for sure gone!!!!! Where does the Playing time go.

Oh, and for one thing, knowing now what we all know about Mobley, he would have been a top 5 pick.

So, after disgressing from the topic, this team needs Etan Thomas!!!!!!!

------------------

8. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

I like Thomas too (maybe not at 9 though), but I think Shandon is a little on the small size for an SF. I would prefer a PF or C, but we should take the best front-line player available. Thus for now I am digressing in the Miller-Battier-Morris talk.

------------------

9. Lewie221

Lewie221 Member

cat's playing time would still go at sg. him, miller and anderson would split that time, trade williams and his big ass contract along with our pick maybe to move up and draft dermarr, thats what i would like to do, but even if we do draft miller or MoPete, i still think that Williams either grabs some pine or gets traded...hes not worth that much money, i think we trade him...possibly along with drew for a center???

------------------
    The Rockets Championship in 2001...Be-Steve-it