1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Pompeo is a big fat idiot, volume XXI

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jan 25, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You, in this post: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...-idiot-volume-xxi.303420/page-2#post-12815743

And you don't think a senior trump cabinet member, yelling and swearing at a reporter and calling her a liar on official government letterhead isn't bullying?

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So....using his office to imply that a well educated person thought that Bangladesh was the Ukraine in an attempt to nationally humiliate her isn't bullying? If you don't think that could be seen as bullying then it is a waste of time to try to 'prove you wrong'

RayRay10, arkoe and Nook like this.
  3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yea, maybe he wasn't trolling. He made a mistake, admitted to it, and things got heated. People tend to defend their positions to the death when they perceive being attacked. It may just be nothing more than that.

pgabriel likes this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@NewRoxFan

Regardless of if you think im a trump suppporter or not, you cant handle disagreement. YouI are incorrect, i admitted my mistake about the reporter's education.

But since you are a dick riding liar about me thats not surprising

#64 pgabriel, Jan 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Thats not bullying. She can easily defend herself since she is the one who went public in the first place.

She is a reporter. Her argument with Pompeo isnt news. She made it news and criicized his character.

Edit: his insult of her is a churlish reaction. Fine. Bullying is crossing a line. I can understand how you can say its insulting what he did but she can easily call bim for out lying and the public can make their judgement

#65 pgabriel, Jan 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

not to jump in here especially since I do t know the exact sequence of all events.... but

unless im mistaken the bullying occurred before anything went public. Not sure what something being public or not has to do with bullying. He had his staff pull her into a back room to berate and attempt to demean her. That’s bullying. Full stop.

it is also news that he did it. So she reported that news. That it was her that she was doing it to doesn’t make it not news. If it was someone else and she reported it clearly she’d be “doing her job reporting the news”. Again... if she was interviewing him and then someone else showed up and Pompeo bullies and demeaned that someone else in front of her she should absolutely report it... you know as a reporter.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

depends on the context. In this context it’s definitional bullying. What I mean by that is it’s the freaking definition of bullying here lol. An attempt to be intimidating from a person of perceived social power in an effort to intimidate or coerce or dominate.

You keep mentioning defending herself. That has no impact on whether she was bullied. Bullies bully, or attempt to bully, folks that can defend themselves all the time. It’s still bullying and wrong.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Ok.

Some people claim what happened with the argument is bullying

Then there is a discussion of his tweet or whatever about her supposed mistake

The argument isnt bullying. Apparently there was a discussion about the subject of the interview. Apparently he disagreed that they agreed Ukraine would be talked about

He threw a tantrum about it. Thats not bullying. He apparently felt blindsided. Its childish or whatever but bullying is an accusation causing fear. It should not be thrown around lightly and she didn't claim it so no one should claim it for her

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Obviously yelling a cursing can make people uncomfortable but as a reporter handling an upset uncomfortable environment comes with the territory

On bullying, the way this thread has evolved makes my point. I say its no big deal he threw a tantrum so to make it serious people start saying bullying

11. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I got nothing to add that hasn't already been said, except that I'm not surprised pgab's has been unemployed for two years and counting. One of the stupidest posters I've read on this message board and I'm not surprised you can't find work.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  12. London'sBurning

This is me having a temper tantrum btw and it isn't bullying calling pgabs a stupid moron that picks the stupidest hills to die on. You're in defense of shitty behavior from the SoS and since you're apparently the arbitrator of what is really bullying and have determined public shaming isn't bullying, I'm not being a bully either. Thanks for the clarity moron.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Wow bro, i haven't been unemployed for tow years. I work right now and thats what my thread about the unemployment system can was updated with as well that thread said i had finished a seasonal job that ended because it was seasonal

Since you went very personal and insulting in this post it doesn't surprise you got that wrong *******

14. London'sBurning

Grats on work. You're still a moron.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Should it matter that she never made a claim of bullying? She didn't even claim to be uncomfortable

Sidenote. Dont be a b****. Alert me if you wanna insult my employment situation and disagree with my argument b****

16. Nook

Nook Member

What about BENGHAZI!!!

17. London'sBurning

@pgabriel You're a b**** and a moron. Was Pompeo exhibiting shitty behavior? Yes. You wan't to argue over whether that shitty behavior is bullying. That is so dumb.

Maybe don't exhibit shitty behavior for a reporter doing their job. Maybe act like a grown man when faced with a tough question instead of act like a b****. Right?

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

She doesn't even say what he said in the tantrum

19. London'sBurning

Did Pompeo exhibit shitty behavior based on what we know?

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Yes, thats not bullying