1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Pompeo is a big fat idiot, volume XXI

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jan 25, 2020.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

A Cambridge student wouldn't make that mistake as well as a West Point student. Pompeo probably is lying. I just reacted lik that because these threads are tiresome. Trump's administration should be called out but this isn't thread worthy. Its just a stupid argument with a reporter

To answer your question, im sure a lot of college students wouldn't know Bangladesh is in Asia

2. Nook

Nook Member

Then they are stupid.

There is no excuse for someone in college to not know Bangladesh isn’t in Europe.

RayRay10, dmoneybangbang and joshuaao like this.
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I'm confident that the vast, vast majority of college students would not make the mistake of pointing to Bangladesh thinking it was the Ukraine.

Nook likes this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You really over over estimate our educational system

You dont need to know where Bangladesh is to score highly on the S.A.T. Whats so special about Bangladesh that educated Americans should know where it is?

You think Americans really educated about their issues?

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't think Bangladesh is important to his point. She could have landed anywhere on the map if she didn't know where Ukraine is

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

"Probably" lying?

He also lied that she told him she would only ask questions about Iran. She informed him *in writing* she would ask questions about Iran AND Ukraine (odd she would be interested in the Ukraine, huh?).

pompeo is a blatant liar.

No Worries and fchowd0311 like this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I hope you aren't projecting.

Also, most Americans, even GED graduates know that Bangladesh at least is somewhere in Asia and not Europe.

Nook likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

His argument is essentially that they lie so often that when they do lie, it shouldn't be thread worthy precisely because they do it so often.

Anyways, this story just encompasses the whole enchilada of the Trump experience. Insulting female reporters for asking normal questions that any high level administration official should be able to answer without making a scene and excessive lying over easily debunkable claims.

Nook likes this.
  9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

First day of international accounting class, my professor brought around a nap of Europe and was asking to point at certain countries. She comes to me and says now we get to the ones you probably don't know them asks me to point out Estonia. Told me I was the first person she's every had know where it was. I know all of Europe side from the former Yugoslavia countries because I learned them in 6th grade. Sad how little most Americans know about their own country, let alone the rest of the world.

arkoe and pgabriel like this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Obviously im projecting, i haven't done a who knows where Ukraine poll. Im sure a lot of Americans dont know where Ukraine.

Americans dont understand past sound bites what those international issues are. Ukraine has problems with Russia. They are only in our news because of the phone call.

But before the pbone call im sure a lot of educated people didn't know of Russia annexing part of their land

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Bangladesh is one of the most densly populated places on Earth. They make or at least used to be one of the most popular Chinese substitutes for making clothes and similar items.

I would guess the average American would not know anything about it though.

12. fchowd0311

There is a difference between not knowing the precise location of Ukraine on a map and confusing Ukraine with Bangladesh. The former I can see many Americans making a mistake. Hell I might switch Belarus with Ukraine if I was told to point to the country on a blank map but at least I know Ukraine borders the Western side of Russia. That is common knowledge that many Americans do have. Only the dumbest most insular Americans would confuse Bangladesh with Ukraine.

It also shows how arrogant our Secretary of State is by assuming that a female reporter even though she has decades of experience in international politics would confuse Bangladesh with Ukraine.

Nook and joshuaao like this.
  13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I get it
    Another Trump administration bad thread. I get it and i dont care. Its a stupid argument with a reporter

14. fchowd0311

If you don't care you can always not post in a thread and derail it. Don't force your will of not caring on to other posters by detailing threads like this.

I care that this Secretary of State can be so petty. It effects how this nation is run.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

His point was the implication that when he asked her to point to the Ukraine, she pointed to Bangladesh. That is a ridiculous assertion on his part. Sadly, he probably meant to say Belarus which would be a typical error for one to make. But since his whole tweet was seemingly designed to make her look bad, an aide probably told him to quit while he was behind.

RayRay10, Nook, joshuaao and 2 others like this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I admitted my mistake
    You continued the argument ass. Good lord

17. fchowd0311

That was your last post here. So no, you obviously still believed that you coming in detailing the thread with your personal opinion about not caring about it wasn't a mistake as that was literally the last opinion you posted here.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No ******* helping me derail. People started asking about the claim of college students and geography. So since they challenged that i responded.

Then you jumped in to continue on a point which i already admitted being wrong

This is why i don't have b**** right now. Thanks for reminding me what im missing

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I waa going to further concede he shouldn't be trying to damage her credibility but she is the one who went public with their argument that really isnt news

20. fchowd0311

How is the Secretary of State deemening a reporter in this manner and then theb lying about which seems unprecedented in prior administrations not news?