1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Microsoft Surface Studio

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Oct 26, 2016.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

This thing is pretty neat. Definitely out of my price range, but I can see a lot of people in design investing in this thing. The screen looks spectacular.

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...omputer-announced-features-price-release-date

The Surface Dial looks pretty neat as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Surface Dial is a crazy puck that controls Microsoft's new PC

2. MystikArkitect

3k is steep. This will move the industry forward but I can't imagine too many takers at that price point.

I run a Pro 3 and it's been my main for almost 2 years now with no issues. Will upgrade to the new Surface Book and a Pixel pretty soon. Wish Surface had a phone....Microsoft demolishing Apple in innovation.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

3K is steep for a desktop. It would be hard to justify to the bean counters, but i will try my best to do so.

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I feel like they're cheating by using a song like that.

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

HAHA.

I never knew Microsofts marketing team had any ideas to draw anybody into a product. This hit the bill though. Ive never wanted a microsoft product I couldnt afford or even needed, more than this one.

#5 donkeypunch, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  6. what

what Member

What are you a Microsoft Shill? hahahah

7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you think they will announce new Surface Pros soon?

8. MystikArkitect

Nah just been waiting for some no compromise devices for a while. Surface Pro, Note 5, and Surface Studio are this.

Been running an iPhone 6s+ as my personal phone vs Note 5 and its been pretty terrible. Too much compromise.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Holy crap I need that Dial.

Does it only work with Surface devices?

10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Microsoft's surface products are nothing short of amazing.

The price point is high. But their innovation is top tier.

rezdawg likes this.
  11. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I would not expect the Surface Pro 5 until mid next year at the earliest. They could release new Surface Pro 4s with upgraded CPUs, but that would likely be the extent of it. The upgraded Surface Book is the only Surface "upgrade" coming any time soon.

The high price point is intentional. The entire Surface line of products is meant to showcase Windows and its ecosystem at its absolute best. Microsoft can't, and won't make lower end products for fear of upsetting their hardware partners, and having them vacate the space. Basically, Surface is Microsoft telling their hardware partners "this is what we can do, can you do better?"

In that regard, Surface has been a tremendous success, as there is now amazing hardware coming out from the likes of Samsung, Acer, Asus, Lenovo, HP, etc. Apple's "premium" hardware has been caught up and surpassed in many regards, by not just Microsoft - but by other PC makers as well. So you can expect each new Surface product to be priced at the upper-end of the market scale in their respective product categories.

This is why the Surface 3 wasn't updated and Microsoft cancelled the Surface Mini.

DudeWah likes this.
  12. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

This is actually a custom cover of the song performed by a friend of some of the Surface Team Members.

https://stephanietarling.bandcamp.com/releases

I spoke to Microsoft's lead industrial designer (Ralf Groene), and he told me that the Surface Team designed this ad in-house, and did not use Microsoft's Marketing department.