1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mets interested in Oswalt

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets934life, Apr 21, 2010.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I actually heard Francesa say this but was really skeptical...

http://www.metsblog.com/2010/04/21/buzz-mets-interested-in-roy-oswalt/

Talks should start with Ike Davis, Pelfrey and go from there.

2. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

What a dumb article. The Astros are a disaster? I guess the Mets being 6-8 and last the NL East is awesome.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You're right. The Astros should be looking to trade prospects for a playoff run.

4. rockets934life

They have looked better then they did last week but most people looking in will assume this team is a mess just from the stats. Honestly, before the 7th inning last night the Stros were headed for 3-10 that can qualify as a disaster. Also to be fair he KILLS the Mets on a regular basis and before Monday was ready to trade Wright, Reyes and Maine.

5. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

We don't have prospects.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

oswalt is one of my fav players and it pains me to say it, but if you can get some good prospects/players in return, they need to trade him. Let's be honest, this team is probably not going to make any big push this year and Oswalt's stock is not going to get any higher and it may be on the decline over the next year or 2...purely because of him getting older.

7. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

He wasn't being serious

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Exactly why we are a disaster.

9. tested911

tested911 Member

We should take a look at what the Mets have to offer because the Astros are not just 1,2, or even 3 years away from looking like a World Champion... We need to start over and if they offer some nice guns then why the hell not.. Like the Article states Oswalt is 32 and is in the decline (Of course basing it off the past 4 years) He get more groin injuries that I can even count... Hell if anything we owe it to Oswalt to at least get close to a world series...

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I think the original meaning was the Mets are also a disaster. Pot calling the kettle black.

Mets interested in Oswalt isn't surprising. The Astros listening isn't surprising. The Astros trading him to the Mets at this point would be surprising. The Mets suck right now, and he wants to play for a World Series.

11. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Too early in the season to be discussing trade...I don't give 2 s***s who appears to be a mess. Wait for the deadline cause that's when contenders will show their desperation. Give this team a chance...maybe they surprise you.

12. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Really?

Finishing with a 500 record would surprise me.

13. Major

Major Member

On the flipside, the longer you wait, the more chance for a player to get injured or just lose effectiveness. This team isn't going anywhere, regardless of a fun 3 game win streak. If the opportunity comes, he waives his no-trade clause, and the Astros can get what they think he's worth, they should move on it.

14. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

You mean the internet is not serious?????

1 person likes this.
  15. Big Shot Bob

Big Shot Bob Member

The mets have a terrible farm system too. It would be pointless to trade with them b/c we arent going to get any really good prospects.

16. juicystream

They have the prospects to make a deal for Oswalt. It just means they would move behind us in organization rankings.

17. rockets934life

Ike Davis, Niese or Pelfrey and one of their A ball guys would do it for me.

18. Major

Major Member

Pelfrey's not likely to be part of it - their goal is to improve their rotation, but Pelfrey is probably their current #2 or #3 starter. In addition, I assume he'll be a free agent in about 2 years, so unless we signed him to a long-term deal, he'd be getting expensive right around when the Astros are hopefully starting to get on track.

19. juicystream

Jenrry Mejia

Really we just need one very good prospect at or near ML ready, plus a couple of low ball players that may pay big dividends.

20. rockets934life

See now your being greedy lolol..that would be SWEET but I would really like to have Davis as the 1st baseman of the future. Also think if the Stros get around to trading Roy, moving Puma because a REAL possiblity.