1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Memphis win

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by saleem, Nov 23, 2002.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

85-74 over the Wizards.

2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

The Wizards looked really bad, Stack killed them with the bricks he threw up. I'm sure Phoenix feels as bad as the Wiz right now...they just lost to the Nugs on a boneheaded play at the end when none of them got back on D. We should have beaten them!:mad:

3. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

What i don't get is why does Gasol get so few shots, it has been that for a couple of games

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Jerry West is winning the Lebranathon.

5. kbm

kbm Member

Rocket03,

yes at the moment memphis has the best shot a james, but jerry west does NOT want it this way. Read his comments and you'll learn that he wants defense, maybe a rebound now and again, a fast break shoot a win couldn't hurt either, but james -- that's the least of his priorities (sp)

6. napster

napster Member

I'm sure lebron's on the back of his mind.;)

7. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

my cuzins had free court-side seats for that game. maybe they were the ones who gave them luck :D

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Jerry West can say what he wants. As much talent as that teams had they should have a much better record. They are Lebroning.

9. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Lebroning would be a very risky move for the Grizz. They don't own their pick unless it's #1. Even finishing last doesn't guarantee they get #1...

10. foodworld

foodworld Member

A high lottery pick traded for Otis Thorpe? My god...

And since the lottery is rigged, you know that the league's flagship franchise will be picking first overall.

11. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

The genius that is Stu Jackson.

And to think he put together the USA team for Indiana this summer.

12. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

memphis wins again! Against Seattle! Is it Hubie? Or are they just due for a few W's?

13. kbm

kbm Member

Seattle was on the 4th game in 5 nights. I'd say that had a lot to do with the win, but beyond that, it is true hubie has them playing much better ball. Tonight, for example, their ball movement was much improved from what I've seen in the past. The grizz seemed to always make the extra pass. Another big reason is the style of offense the grizz are playing. It isn't pau pau pau anymore; it is whoever is open. If hubie leans on anyone, I would say williams and person are his guys. You all might not believe this but both hubie and west are very high on jason williams. They have repeatedly said that jason has a high bball IQ. Hubie especially notes that in the games the gizz were losing that jason kept the team together trying to get a good shot while all the other grizz players were going to the wrong spots on the floor. I am becoming a believer. I think jason has found his coach.