1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Memos...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GMNot, Nov 16, 2006.

1. GMNot

GMNot Member

Memos... in no particular order.

Memo to team: Too easily rattled. You make it hard on yourselves. You lose focus on both ends of the court when your lead starts melting.

Memo to bench: Bench?

Memo to Yao:
    Dominating? Hardly. Get tougher when you're close to the basket and learn to will your team to victory -- Hakeem style.

Memo to McGrady: Keep waking up and play like there's no tomorrow. If possible teach the same to Yao. Baseball dreams can wait. Besides, you'll always be better at basketball.

Memo to JVG: Don't play mental games with Wells. Look at some of your players sitting on the bench -- they might be part of a real bench. And practice the Bobby Knight chair throw in case you need to get your players attention.

Memo to Wells: You say you came here for a chance at a championship. Prove it by your attitude and work ethic.

Memo to Yao and McGrady: You both have to be leaders together, ala Magic and Kareem.

Memo to Alexander: Keep a fire lit in the locker room so the players recognize what one looks like when starting the game... and maybe even have a JVG effigy hanging above it just out of it's reach.

Memo to self: Don't give up a night out to for games like this.

Memo to Clutchfans:
    May the team eventually do justice to your/our yearning and passion for their success. If only we could infuse it... we are looking into the wicked witche's crystal ball, we see ourselves looking to and fro, calling, "Bobby? Bobby? Bonzi? T-Mac? Yao? Bobby? Someone?

2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Memo to fans: When they actually win, even if they did blow a 20 point lead, try to keep the complaints to a minimum.

;)

3. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Memo to Rockets organisation: Read our posts.

4. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Memo to Rockets organisation: Please DON'T read our posts.

5. jsnwu

jsnwu Member

Totally agree. ;)

some of us are too impatient.

Even mature full-of-veteran teams such as Spurs can make some heart-breaking moment (defeated by Bobcats...). We should stop whinning "xx sucks" things until all-star break or at least Christmas. Give all of Rockets some time and understanding.

6. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

u are on the right track on all of them except for this one:
    now while it sounds very rational, I think it's too nice to be sent to JVG because he is simply a r****d.. so try to add some "magic words".. here, check this out:

JVG u freakin r****d, u blew away our lead against Spurs and screwed up the game for us, I didn't say anything, but u almost did it again, guess what, u should freakin retire, just quit.. do what your brother.. stay with your cool family... or, if want to stay a respectable head coach, try to play Novak and Span, they are not WNBA players or anything.. ok ... and leave Bonzi alone u dumb a$$, u brought him in, u should take his $hit... adelman dealt with him, u should too.. be nice and dont act like a r****ded high school basketball coach trying to "discipline" his players...

:D

7. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Memo to Hayes: get better soon.. no f*ck that.. get better NOW! JHo and Padgette are stankin

Memo to JHo: get traded, please!

Memo to Billy: you know what.. just run on the court and start playing, that'll get JVG's attention :D

Memo to Drexler: stop echoing

Memo to JVG: rogain

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

Memo to depression: Beer it down. It helps.

9. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

Memo to all the pessimists who complain after every game (win or loss)

Look on the BRIGHT SIDE, at least we were able to dominate the other team to build that HUGE LEAD in the first place. the fact that we lost those lead was NEVER a problem for us...because in the last few seasons we werent Able to DOMINATE them. If we solve the intensity thing at the end.....NO ONE CAN STOP US...NOT EVEN SPURS

10. GMNot

GMNot Member

Point taken... but, for the most part these concerns have been regularly expressed on this board. So why post them? Like many other fans here, I get frustrated that some issues seem to linger from game to game. And blowing 20+ point leads in 3 games out of 4 should not be glossed over as, "it's early in the season, give them time." There are no rookies in the rotation. The coach is not a rookie. And we do have a rookie or two that might actually contribute given a few minutes here and there. If we're going to blow a big lead anyhow (as some have come to accept) why not give Novak a few minutes. He might actually be able to recover some of the points we lose in the process.

11. qrui

qrui Member

memo to self: slef, you don't have to read every thread to show you're a loyal rockets fan. :p

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Memo to Chuck Barkley: Please don't EVER criticize Yao's lack of "dominance" again. Too many people on this board have the mistaken impression you know what the hell you're talking about.

13. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

memo to clutchfans: We just went 2-1 against the Heat, Spurs, Bulls. Last week everybody said that was the best we could hope for. Now we did it. What's the problem?

14. GMNot

GMNot Member

I certainly didn't take my cue from Barkley. I just didn't consider Yao's performance in the last two games "dominating".

15. GMNot

GMNot Member

I'd say the apprehension of "how" we did it being the way we will keep doing it; i.e., turning what should be a relatively easy victory after working hard to get so far ahead and into a "get out with a win" situation.

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

MEMO to CD/JVG:

if we are in "win now" mode, then lets see a trade of bob sura's ending contract and bonzi wells for a bench player who can really produce. specifically a PG who can keep other PG's out of the paint.

17. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

The sky isn't falling. Be happy that we have the ABILITY to run up big leads on good teams. We just need more chemistry and tweaking to figure out how to hold the leads.

Losing big leads IS A GOOD PROBLEM. It's better than not having a lead at all.

We went 2-1 against the league's best teams. Relax.

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

Exactly. At least 6 of last 9 games we had around 20 points lead some point in the 2nd half. This certainly a good sign. I am not worried at that we cant protect the lead, because we will learn and JVG will come up with a way. To protect big lead is not like a difficult problem a coach has to solve.

The way we are playing right now, a lot of shots we are getting are good shots, either Yao's high percentage shots or wide open primeter shots or 2nd chance, fastbreak, nice dish shots. So that's why we could have big lead. if this trend continues, I am very happy with our team this year.

19. rvpals

rvpals Member

Memo To Yao:

Need to start hurting somebody if they keep raping you inside and the refs are turning a blind eye.

Memo to JVG:
    For god's sake, please play Vspan and Novak.

20. GMNot

GMNot Member

If my post seemed to imply I think the sky is falling I didn't mean for it to. But I think the issues raised are valid concerns. And mostly not trivial. I have not posted this early in the season before because I usually take a wait and see attitude every year. But I do feel that McGrady's psyche is teetering due to lack of playoff success in the past. He knows better than anyone that the Rockets need a good start and a good record to have a better chance at post-season success. That is why I am less tolerant of a "wait and see" attitude this year.

I wouldn't go so far as to define losing big leads as a "good" problem. But I understand and agree with your point.

I relax just fine until the Rockets almost lose the game like last night against Chicago. That last minute can get awfully tense. ;)