1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Media Conspiracy] These Rockets Are Fun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MystikArkitect, Oct 13, 2023.

1. MystikArkitect

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I pray to basketball jesus this preseason play carries over to the regular season

the defense…the deflections…the ball movement…I’ve loved it all

Rockets defense was so good last night it had me feeling sorry for the Pelicans…the Pelicans looked so pathetic, and I’m not used to the Rockets making another team look that way anymore

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In the regular season Willy Green would have at least taken out Valanciunas because of the way the Rockets attacked him as the drop coverage big......who was rendered useless like Gobert in the Harden series.

A loss is a loss and all they could do is to compensate through effort, losing by 15 or 20 instead of 30.

Only if their shooters were collectively hot that day, could they have cut it to single digits or closer.

4. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Shooters have gotten collectively hot in the past because no one was guarding them or running them off their spots. Won't see as many hot nights against this defense in preseason or regular season. Ime may be the best defensive coach in basketball. The old days of not guarding and not getting back on D are over.

#4 BaselineFade, Oct 13, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
    No Worries, Richie_Rich, HP3 and 5 others like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

All those Silas truthers... we coming for you.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, true, days are over.

BaselineFade likes this.
  7. kpdark

kpdark Member

Should be fun watching the Rockets shut down opposing teams.

8. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

This is definitely real. Brooks, Amen, Tari, Tate are top level on quick hands, hustle, staying in front of opposing players. That makes others' life easier and force them to put full effort. Not a single slacker on defense. I don't see any room for getting lazy. Even better, the other players are motivated to play defense anyway.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Now that is one fat bobble head.

Dredd likes this.
  11. Rokman

Rokman Member

I love the in game adjustments. Udoka has earned my respect already. He's the real deal.

12. Rokman

Rokman Member

With the way those guys are playing D if Green doesn't step it up I am just fine with moving him for a legit 2-way guard. I don't want the supposed talented vet to be a sieve on D and then a low percentage shooter . I don't care how athletic he is.

If you can get 6 or 7 legit 2-way players on this team it's over.

Tari , Jabari and Brooks are EACH essentially like having 2 defenders on the court based on their coverage and level of D. Cam and Amen are not proven yet but in time, they will be too.

#12 Rokman, Oct 13, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
    don grahamleone likes this.
  13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Were there really Silas truthers?? ....

Did Stone neuter Silas and render him ineffective from the get go?

don grahamleone, HP3 and DreamShook like this.
  14. Dredd

Dredd Member

Watches 2 games.

Jabari aka Duncan
    Cam aka Carmelo
    Udoka aka Pop

15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

One has to believe...he just said "fine you want me to tank I'm not teaching them ****".

These are the same guys? They just made the Pelicans look like the 21-22 Rockets.

16. HP3

HP3 Member

I'm of the opinion that there were no "Silas truthers" just anti clutch fan couch coaches and I'm still a very happy member of that group lmao.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There were def silas truthers out there. people thought the children were just bad at ball and couldn't be taught. People were out here saying that Bari/sengun/jalen were trash because They were busts not because Silas was the one putting them in positions to be trash. i def remember getting in arguments about how awful a coach silas was.

There is def a case for Silas being affected by Stone's need to save KPJ, but even if that were true, you can still run plays for your other players. You could still teach them to play defense. Silas did nothing to help them as ball players.

putting Jalen in the corner, not trusting sengun to play defense or shoot threes or run an offense, not running a play for Bari. this is coaching malpractice. criminal leadership.

Silas was so awful people were thinking that Ime couldn't turn this team around because they thought rockets had no talent.

18. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The good thing about defense is that, unlike offense, it doesn't depend on 'being hot,' but on factors such as intensity, effort, the team's commitment to their defensive schemes, and individual defensive skills. It should carry over.

FLASH21, BaselineFade, Easy and 2 others like this.
  19. Ancient Moabite

Jeff Green won't get you this so called legit two way guard, and the Green I know you are actually talking about will be here until his rookie deal runs out, and if they decide to move on after that then you may get your wish

but its highly likely they will extend him beyond his rookie deal, especially if Green can avg same 22ppg with improved efficiency and defensive focus this season and the next

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm of the view that if you're still talking about Stephen Silas literally every waking day of your life here - you may have lost the plot??