1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MDA Q&A: Doing away with 7-man rotations, mulligans, and more [The Athletic]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lionaire, Jun 9, 2020.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

Full story here: https://theathletic.com/1861580/202...mulligans-and-more/?source=emp_shared_article

D-rock, Kim, JoeBarelyCares and 5 others like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I like the D'Antoni and Morey pairing and I'll be sad when it's broken up. I think they're a lot more thoughtful than Clutchfans assumes and D'Antoni is a great friend to the players at the same time, which is somewhat rare in pro sports. He should've had a ring with the Suns and a ring with the Rockets.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Thanks for posting the article.

IMO - - probably as many as a double octave worth of teams believe they have what it takes in this year’s playoffs. And mebbe they do.

I believe if the p/o’s go off without a hitch, i.e. coronavirus doesn’t rear its hideous head, these could be some interesting hoops times.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I mean it is too short to have major innovations come out of it.

The team with the fewest injuries, hottest streaks, fewest mistakes would have the best chance.

And consistent defense as far as that is possible without contracting it.

kjayp likes this.
  5. JW86

JW86 Member

So what does he say about the 7-man rotations, cannot find what’s in the title..

ryan_98 likes this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Bruno time.

D-rock likes this.
  7. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The rebounding has been suspect especially since Capeala trade.

Not really expecting rockets to out rebound okc Steven Adam, nerlens noel, Ferguson. Shiet gallanari and gilgeous alexander can rebound.

God speed Houston metropolitan area and coach formerly known as d'antoni!

8. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

It’s a great pairing. It shouldn’t be broken up.

D-rock, fattz and treyk3 like this.
  9. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Would be awesome if somehow something clicked for him. His skillset and length would fit in perfectly at the 4 or 5.

D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  10. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

You should have just said “I enjoy losing” and saved us from reading the full paragraph.

11. ballgame

ballgame Member

It's called playing time! When he left Houston and went to Memphis, he got better! All this kid needs is PT. He can offer a lot of what we need....length, block shots and 3pt shooting

D-rock likes this.
  12. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Zero finals appearances does not equal “great”. For those of you who hate MJ and Kobe and don’t have an objective of winning a title or even making the Finals with arguably the greatest player in the last 20 years, then yes this has been a spectacular success (6’5” center and all)!!!!!!

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Since Morey hired Mike:

Regular season winning %
    1- Toronto
    2 - Houston
    3 - Boston
    4 - Milwaukee
    5 - Golden State

Playoff winning %
    1 - Golden State
    2 - Cleveland
    3 - Houston

Get the f outa here with your nonsense. THIS is what you consider “losing”?

Gotta be some Faried message board/group you could pollute rather than posting here. There’s already plenty of uninformed nonsense around here to go around for years. We can do without yours.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

this also doesn't include some of the best offensive team ratings not only in the franchise but in NBA history

uunnkknnoowwnn, fattz and Elephant810 like this.
  15. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Zero titles with best player in the game. If MDA coached MJ he’d be fired because regular season doesn’t mean jack. Take your smallball and shove it up your arse!!!

TilmanFinancialWindfall and AXG like this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You should just say you didn't watch 2018 and that you think Kenneth Faried is our savior.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Memphis is a young team, he can afford to make mistakes there. I’m sure if he was a rotation level player, MDA would play him. No matter how much you think you know what’s best, MDA is an NBA head coach and the both of us are just fans on a fan board.

fattz likes this.
  18. ball king23

ball king23 Member

so you do away with the 7 man rotation you trade a C for undersized players and no draft picks this year am i missing something :confused::confused::confused:

19. fattz

fattz Member

I will catch you up...Then we turned our all world point guard (the one that averaged triple doubles for a few seasons) into the center and it worked well with the once in a generation shooting guard helpIng cover things up in the paint killing his dominance on the offensive end. Then the bottom dropped out and the lowest of low teams in the league started beating us in blow outs for the last 5 or 6 games till the virus shut it all down.

20. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Now you’re speaking the truth...Kenneth Faried is our savior.