1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

MDA has no adjustments at all.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PeterKingX, Feb 2, 2017.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

In recent loss games, I notice MDA just did not call any timeout when rockets keep bricking and turning over again and again. If the coach could call a timeout to do some adjustments,I believe we can win some more games,

It's not all players fault.
    The coach not calling timeout makes me pissed off.

RedNation and Stormy1234 like this.
  2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This! I'm not sure why he isn't getting more flak. His rotations are twrrible, he let's teams just go on runs and makes no adjustments and yet again our offense is just here Harden do something. Is there really a difference from McHale?

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

"Play harder."

*clap* *clap*

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm hugely disappointed with D'Antoni's 4th quarter coaching at times. Tonight was one of those times.

RedNation, cdrive and Stormy1234 like this.
  5. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

This! No way we should lose a game when leading by 20pts with 8 minutes left. What happened to using timeouts? Hack a Dwight to break their rhythm? Putting Beverly on Hardaway, Jr. for a different look? This one is on MDA. Why can't Trez play to get easy garbage baskets when 3's are not falling?

ramotadab, D-rock and Stormy1234 like this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree, reposting from the game thread:

This was also bad coaching by MDA, no timeout to stop the momentum when Hardaway was clearly on fire, at least two times he should've stop the game and he didn't, no hack a Dwight was also a huge mistake imo. Also the last plays, the team was clearly mentally gone, stop the game and try to talk them, draw up a play...i feel like he just let them sunk.

ramotadab, Little Bit and Stormy1234 like this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

A lot of times you just tell them to play harder.

[​IMG]

ramotadab, Deuce, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  8. ARA71197

ARA71197 Member

MDA doesn't like the hack-a-player strategy. I agree that he could've call timeouts to try and stop the momentum that the Hawks had... This game seemed similar to the game @ OKC where the Rockets couldn't score down the stretch and the defense wasn't good enough to hold on.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Adjustments are overrated. The mad said it himself weeks ago. Just no one believed him when we were winning.

hakeem94 and Stormy1234 like this.
  10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Lose 20pts lead in 8 mins without any TO adjustments, the coach is in zombie state...

cdrive and Stormy1234 like this.
  11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Guys like Harden, Ariza, Beverley are veterans. They should understand how to play harder without the coach having to call a time out to have a serious talk about it.

J.R. likes this.
  12. Jay713

Jay713 Member

what did you guys expect from him? There is a reason why he can't win in the playoffs. When times get tough and grindy, he has no answer. Well, his answer is "just keep shooting".

ISOBall and Fiah like this.
  13. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

The timeouts / hacking would be to break the Hawks rhythm/ momentum. Call a play. Coach Pop wins this game.

hakeem94, kjayp and J Sizzle like this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

15. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Yep. The Rox have developed a PATTERN of loosing to Tall,Athletic,Lanky,Big teams no matter how it happens...look at the Rox losses this season and you'll see most teams fit this profile no matter if they're up by 20 pts or not there is SOMETHING going on mentally,physically against teams that match their weakness tit for tat..they've lost these games all kinds of ways like tonight...this looks like another bad anomaly but it's not..just another stat tonight to apply to the PATTERN/TREND...trade deadline looms

#15 PhiSlamma15, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    ramotadab and D-rock like this.
  16. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

MDA has lost his touch. Stubbornly sticking to short rotations, not making adjustments, etc. Maybe a loss like tonight will force his hand to shake things up.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  17. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Larry Bird would average 40+ points with all the open looks that is being generated. It is a travesty, how inconsistent the shooting is.

D-rock and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  18. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Shoot harder

ramotadab and Crashlanded19 like this.
  19. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Bench players suck. Morey trades an all star player for use

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We knew what we got with MDA... he is a guy who can have a season of great play and then there are his losing streaks.

He did well this season at the beginning when things are going his way, Harden, Gordon were clicking.

I still would give him a nod at the COY award but I am not saying I was wrong before he was hired.

Not a hard nosed coach, just a more friendly, less competent Adelman which is good but enough for the top in the tough West?