1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McNair, stop the Cowboy love at NRG

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by shsu33, Oct 6, 2014.

1. shsu33

shsu33 Member

I've now been to all 4 matches b/w these teams and I have a problem with how the Texans actually give respect to the Cowboys in Houston. Both games at NRG (Reliant) had a video clip showing the Houston vs Dallas greats. We show Landry and all the Cowboy fans cheer, then Bum Phillips and all the Texans fans cheer. Earl, Meredith, Moon, Aikman etc. Y'all should get the point now, anyway the Cowboys in both 2006 and yesterday do not show anything like this. They worry about themselves only and so should we. There should be no point in that a video of something at NRG makes a Cowboy fan feel welcome or any kind of happiness. This problem at NRG needs to be fixed before the game in 2018 which I hope will be my 5th game and a 2nd victory after 16 years from 1st!

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Check ya Sodium.

3. shsu33

shsu33 Member

Your mom said my sodium is fine

4. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Listen up fellow Bearkat. Don't make a big deal about it. It's just a compilation video that celebrates the rivalry that is Dallas vs Houston.

5. JazzLakerHater

We just need to stop with this so called "rivalry". We play the Cowboys once every four years. IT IS NOT A RIVALRY. Cowboy fans don't care about us and it's time for Texans fans to do the same.

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I'll pass it along to Bob. I'm sure he values your opinion.

7. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

His mom is not a doctor. I'd get a second opinion if you care about your health.

1 person likes this.
  8. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a city vs City thing. Runs deeper than football. IT IS A RIVALRY.

9. shsu33

shsu33 Member

The whole point of starting a thread, I'm sure I'm not the only fan that feels this way and I bet Bob does value the opinions of season ticket holders. Being condescending must only be funny when ppl can see your face

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It's funny because when Selig was moving the Astros to the AL West, part of the reasoning was to have the Astros and Rangers in the same division and build the rivalry. The response of Astros fans was that they didn't care about the Rangers. That it wasn't a rivalry. And they were already playing each other every year. And for a trophy too. But somehow, that's not really a rivalry while the Texans and Cowboys, who only play every 4 years, is.

11. Buck Turgidson

DAMMIT THERE'S NOT ENOUGH TIME!!!!!

[/Jack Bauer]

12. Buck Turgidson

The Stros had many longstanding rivalries in the NL, so no, nobody cared about the Rangers or the AL West. The Cowboys have had the NFC East for many moons. The Texans do not have, outside of maybe Tennessee, a rival. The Cowboys ain't it.

13. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Don't you think this video could have encouraged the large turnout at the game in Dallas? I don't think it was respect so much as it was a marketing ploy... "Let's draw on the Cowboys legacy to make their current team look like a competent, historical rival." I could see if your primary concern was that we are showing Titans clips and that the Oilers don't represent the Texans but this is just silly.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I still maintain that the titans are our biggest rival. A lot of history there (obviously).

We really don't have much history with the cowboys. It's tough to have a rivalry with a team you only play twice every decade. It would be fun if we could play them every year. Or at least every other year.

15. shsu33

shsu33 Member

So you think a 2 minute video shown 4 yrs prior in Houston helped the Texan attendance at Sunday's game in Arlington? Your comparison of Tennessee Titan and Houston Oiler clips make no sense. Yet after typing two ridiculously stupid comments, you say this is just silly?
    The city of Houston and the city of Dallas have a rivalry that goes way beyond football. As much as ppl here want to think the Texans and Cowboys aren't a rivalry, its not true, if anything they are victims of the overall city rivalry. A 2 minute video 4 yrs ago had nothing to do with the attendance numbers we put up in Arlington. If its silly to not want to give respect to someone who hasn't shown you any respect, then silly might be the way to go cause the other way is a b*tch.

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I support you, man.

No way we should do a "rivalry" video, just a CITY rivalry. The TITANS *cough*Oilers*cough* are gone... no way should we be playing that team's history in NRG. :eek:

#teamSHSU33
    We actually played them three times the decade before Sunday. :p

2010 :cool: