1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McDyess injured

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by saleem, Oct 12, 2002.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

McDyess came down clutching his left knee which is the same one that was operated on after dunking a ball that Howard Eisley had missed. He was able to leave the court on his own power but banged his fist against the scorer's table.
    He had a good game 23 points and 15 rebounds. I hope he will be all right becuase he is fine player but it's bad luck for the Knicks.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

3. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

Hopefully, it's nothing serious, or really bad news for the Knicks.

4. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

He looked OK when he was walking after the game, but I'm not going to say he's going to be in the lineup come opening game.

5. coolpet

coolpet Member

MAN! I DRAFT HIM ON MY FANTASY LEUGAL YESTERDAY!!!!!! DAMN :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

6. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

Man, this is terrible news for the Knicks. He was playing so well for them and was opening up things for Allan Houston. Hopefully it's nothing serious that requires him to miss the season or else the Knicks will find themselves in the lottery again next year.

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Screw the Knicks. I do feel sorry for McDyess however. He seems to be a pretty decent guy and is an excellent player.

8. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

me too:mad:

luckily on my second league, the other gm rejected my marbury for his mcdyess. :D

9. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

will he be alright? i got him on my vgm team:mad:

10. ThaFranchise33

11. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

He's done for the year.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Are you serious?

Rocket River

13. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

14. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

its sad,his a good player that makes the sport funny to watch

15. Yaniv

Yaniv Member

I'm so glad we didnt trade Y.Ming for him .

16. mav3434

mav3434 Member

It sucks. I was at that game last night, and though I'm no knicks fan by any means, you couldn't help but feel bad about it. I have no idea why both teams were playing their starters so much at that point in the game, with guys like hardaway, gugliotta, and mcdyess on the floor so much you just had a feeling something was going to happen bad to someone.

You could tell when he came off that there was something really wrong, especially when he punched the scorers table. It's going to be a long, long year for the knickerebockers

Amare Stoudemire looked like the 2nd coming of mcdyess for phoenix, he's going to be pretty good.

17. Gypsy

Gypsy Member

if it's not career threatening, then, in one sad way it can be seen to be the best thing to happen for McDyess--

he avoids a brutal media-created hell what would have happened with the poor year they were destined for (IMO), Don Chaney will lose his job (I like him, but he's never proved any success, and yes, my experience goes to his tenure with the Rox), and I bet Layden will get fired, meaning better offseason moves (with a better pick) and a better team for Antonio next year

18. Truth

Truth Member

Dang, a broken kneecap??!! It didn't look that bad when I saw it on Sportscenter. That's messed up, I thought that he would do well in his new home, but now he can't even attempt.Now, what can we learn from this? Rudy, take Steve and Cuttino out after the 3rd quarter. With our luck, we're next on the injury bug list, so don't give it a chance to bite!!!:mad:

19. lived

lived Member

Tough break for the guy.. gotta feel for him really.. he's one of the more consistent stellar players in the league. Too bad for the knicks.. must be some sort of injury-curse for knick-associated players.. Sprewell, Camby, now Dyess.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm very sad to hear about the extent of his injury,not only is a fine player but a humble young man.I hope he will recover and eventually be able to play for a long time in the future.