1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mbah a Moute- Capela soccer game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ferrari77, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

it's a good point. maybe he actually had a meeting with the rockets at that time. i have no idea. would love to give Clint the benefit of the doubt. And i totally understand a player being tough in a negotiation process. But the charity no-show thing is just weird. So i hope you are right.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Clint should be upset with his agent, not the Rockets.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  3. finsraider

finsraider Member

Its not uncommon for players to get injured doing random stuff. Perhaps Clint thought his contract wouldve been done by now.

If I were Clint's agent, I'd have him in bubble wrap locked up in a safe house with armed guards.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Very disappointed in Clinty. Thought he was better than that. Plenty of excuses to not play but almost no excuses to ditch like a b****.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Luc does so much for the city of Houston.

I really can’t see him not being back with the Rockets.

Clint needs to expect that he’s going to get 12-15m max.

Imo that Nurcic signing of 4/48 is pretty indicative of what Capela will get. Is Clint a better player? Yes. will he recieve more than 15m a year from any team including the Rockets? The market says absolutely not and I think Clint is realizing this.

Look at the kid from the bulls he was a 20ppg scorer shot decent from three is young and super Athletic and plays a premium position and he received 4/78m.

Clint is looking at 4/55-60m imo and I think he would be a fool to pass it up. Don’t be another nerlens Noel u never know what a year can do to your market.

I wouldn’t bet on that happening to Clint but u never know.

saleem, Hakeemtheking and ryano2009 like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Clint is a b****. At least tell your fans you won’t show.

pippendagimp and Stormy1234 like this.
  8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Clint is with BJ Armstrongs agency. BJ Armstrong is one of the greediest agents out there. He doesn't care about his clients, just about their own %. He was D-Mo's agent during his free agency that saw him ultimately lose millions. I wouldn't be surprised if they're the obstacle to getting an extension worked out.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

topfive likes this.
  10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I just heard it on the Red Nation Hoops podcast the other day Clint is with the same agency that BJ Armstrong is at but isn't actually one of his clients.
    Could be wrong though.

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Okay, hes with the Wasserman group then. BJ is an agent for the Wasserman group but not Clints directly. I dont want all that drama again with BJ and his bullshit.

saleem, Stormy1234 and UTSA2step like this.
  12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

It's all fun and games until you realize Anderson is getting paid more than you for doing nothing on the bench.

BHannes2BHonest and Bobsputin like this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Dmo is going to get his.*

* This statement 100% guaranteed by the Basketballholic Insider Premium Newsletter.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  14. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Not really. I'm not sure I've heard anyone mispronounce his last name as badly as she did two days in a row....despite other people speaking before she did and they correctly pronounced his last name. SMH

15. ferrari77

Nah. Obv. Clint was supposed to be there. Embiid and Siakam as well so not a good look that a bunch of players( the two Cameroonians) Luc helped discover and set on the path to the NBA couldn't show up to help his charity.

REEKO_HTOWN, pippendagimp and saleem like this.
  16. ferrari77

Yep exactly. Luc wasn't too happy about that but what can one do.

A charity event that HE was an equal partner in setting up. He wanted the charity match as much as Luc did. Bailing at the last minute wasn't cool. Even if he showed up just to sit on the bench or "coach".
    Trae the Truth was there but he didn't play, just sat on the bench when the game started and did some "coach" stuff I guess.

17. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Clint couldn’t attend the soccer charity event because is currently out of the country visiting family.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If that is true, he shouldn't have been the co-sponsor of the event, unless it was an emergency. I was glad to see Luc there.

REEKO_HTOWN and Bobsputin like this.
  19. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Hope it wasn't an emergency. Otherwise, bad timing when you know you have a charity event months in advance. Bad PR move.

saleem likes this.
  20. Normalus

Normalus Member

Screw that shiet, there was like 10 people. I would take family over anything. Even if there was no emergency, they would make that up, just to look good to people like you, who think charity events are very important. And they are not.