1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Maybe this is why LeBron never considered Houston?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, May 12, 2019.

1. lionaire

lionaire Member

What's funny is that on basically all of LeBron's championship teams it was him and his star guard (Wade, Kyrie) who were allowed to operate from anywhere and then everyone else was basically relegated to a three point shooting role. They turned two incredible individual talents in Bosh and Love into guys that mainly hovered around the three point line and then a handful of shooters. The tweet just comes off as corny.

Reeko, Gray_Jay and Zboy like this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Exactly.

It was never about rings for Lebron.

Or else he wouldn't have gone to Lakers.

Now he is sitting on his couch and parting "words of wisdom".

lol stfu.

ryano2009 and Tfor3 like this.
  3. Asian Sensation

Nothing wrong with falling short of Jordan. It was a good legacy to chase. When’s it’s all said and done he’s still gonna end up with a minimum 4 MVPs and 3 rings. Doesn’t matter how he got them. At the end of the day he got it done. Perhaps Our Superstar should try to chase a more attainable legacy like Dirk.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Forget Jordan. He is not even close.

Like I said, 3 wins out of 9 finals is a terrible record all by itself and again I have seen him suffer through massive choke jobs.

Regarding the underlined part, yeah, so maybe Harden should try form or join a super team Like Lebron/Durant did.

Maybe he is stupid and naive for staying in Houston and trying to take juggernaut down himself?

Reeko and Tfor3 like this.
  5. Asian Sensation

Do we have a super team? No. But we had a very deep and talented team that was obviously good enough to not just compete but win it all. At the end of the day we didn’t. A lot of that is Hardens league leading TO’s per game and dominating the ball 90% of the time playing ISO hero ball. His ball dominance relegated CP3 the point god to virtually a Bev role. But you’ll blame CP3s regression on age and just not showing up I’m sure.

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Wrong on so many accounts.

Sheesh.

The point god decided to show up for only one game this series.

Had he decided to show up in other games, the series would have been a wrap much earlier.

If your second best player on the team is not showing up, and you only have two all stars on the team, your team is not super talented now, is it? lol

Especially not when going up against the most talented team to even field the court.

And depth?? depth?? Just because you collect rejects, does not make you a deep team.

jordnnnn, Reeko, Gray_Jay and 2 others like this.
  7. Asian Sensation

Pretty sure you and a lot of people were singing a different tune before the Warriors series.

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am pretty sure I have been very realistic since the off-season and said that this team is worse than last year's and will give the Warriors a good competition but will fail short....which is what happened.

But nice of you to show up now and play Monday morning armchair quarterback.

9. Asian Sensation

We were dead even 2 games a piece heading into the 4th quarter of game 5 without Durant the rest of the way. A game that was up for grabs. For all the talk on this board about “basketball isn’t fair with Warriors having KD.” “Warriors can’t be beat with KD”. “**** KD for going to the Warriors.” Well... we couldn’t have asked for a better opportunity and we still couldn’t get it done. But believe whatever you want if it makes you feel better I’m not gonna stop you.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Durant did not make the Warriors team great. Durant made the Warriors team super great.

Even without Durant, Curry + Klay + Green + Iggy + Livingston were a 72 win team and had won a championship. They were already great.

Even without Durant, thats still a team with 4 All-stars.

Even without Durant, that Warriors team is still more talented than the Rockets.

As I had already said before game 6, even without Durant, I favored the Warriors team to win the series. With one guy from your starting 5 deemed completely useless (Clint), and the other guy struggling the entire series (CP), this wasnt a stretch.

It is you who fell for the media's "Rockets are favored to win without Durant" trap.

But like I said...keep playing the Monday morning quarterback.

Reeko and Tfor3 like this.
  11. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

The worriers are still incredibly stacked/talented sans Katie

The first game was bogusly officiated, Capela was underwhelming and CP showed up for 1 game. Our coach leaves a ton to be desired in coaching and deciding rotations. Had we gotten these items addressed maybe game 1 and 5 go differently and we win the series. On to next year

Gray_Jay and Zboy like this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

What I find hilarious is that, despite ALL THE FLAWS of this and last year's Rockets teams, they were still the team that gave the Warriors the BEST challenge. This Rockets team is the one they feared the most and prepped for the hardest.

The Warriors NEVER ran away in any of the games despite trying their hardest.

But now you have all these "critics" lining up to criticize Morey and the Rockets.

Well, why dont they show us how to beat the Warriors, instead of yapping on twitter?

Until then, STFU.

*laugh*

Vivi, ipaman, Reeko and 2 others like this.
  13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Exactly. No analytics person says take a less efficient 3 when the game is tied and it's the last possession.

Dumb tweet by LeBron. Maybe that's why he went to the Lakers

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Vegas also had the rockets 7.5 favorites in game 6. The warriors are favored by 8 over Portland in that game 1. And sharps were betting on the rockets.

So rockets were pretty huge favorites

Now in retrospect it looks like it was a big misjudgment, but it's also that the rockets flat out underperformed expectations and didn't play to the level people thought they would.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Well they were wrong and I called them out for it before the game. And in the previous post, I gave my exact reasons why they were wrong.

The odd-makers just used a stupid assumption that having Durant out automatically makes the Warriors team a scrub team and that Rockets will brush them aside. They didnt factor in the fact that this Warriors team was a 73 win team that had won a championship without Durant.

Also, if you look at the game objectively and look the player's performances and numbers, Rockets didn't play a bad game. It was a close game and Warriors talent was the difference. The biggest decider in the outcome being Warriors had Green, and we had Clint. The other decider that this team did not come out with a sense of urgency and that is on the coach like I have been saying.

But to simplify this all to 2 pt vs 3 pt and nerd ball vs "real basketball" is asinine given that nerdball is the one that has given Warriors the best run for their money.

Vivi and Reeko like this.
  16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Deep and talented? Stop. So Harden is the reason we lost? No one in the West has beaten them in 5 years. What's their excuse?

Reeko and Zboy like this.
  17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Maybe Lebron can tweet us an answer from his couch lol....

Vivi and Reeko like this.
  18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Bingo. Well said!

Reeko likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

*******, @Zboy is killin it in here...lawd have mercy

these debates aren’t even fair

jordnnnn and Vivi like this.
  20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

That is Moreyball. It's about shot value and Morey has said this over and over. The term Moreyball has become a corrupted, untrue, definition from what it really is by all the "experts" especially idiotic players and former players who "hate" analytics despite the fact that analytics prove they are some of the greatest ever. It's ridiculous that they are allowed to corrupt the meaning of something that cannot be argued with. Might as well be flat earthers.

Mr. Clutch likes this.