1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#{MAX KELLERMAN} harden is not top 5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy Long Legs, Jun 26, 2018.

1. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

This looks more like a setup for 2019. Propping up AD out of nowhere. He hasn't done anything to garner this much praise, being shooed into the Top 3 on both of their lists. Since when has AD made it on the same level as KD?? I'm not a fan of KD's career, but that's a lowkey knock on one of the greatest to automatically shoo in AD's name to that discussion. Pity for Harden... These lists are terrible. Can't wait for the next Harden mixtape starting with these rankings.

Max clearly thinks in binary terms - offense and defense - there's no insight into what those two words actually mean to him. But to rank KD below Kawhi is also something... I think Max truly believes AD is that good because he's too consistent with his "measure" for greatness.

SAS ranking AD as an automatic Top 3 player in the NBA tells me something else. This sounds more like a preview for their 2019 MVP narrative. I don't think he actually believes AD is #3.

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I love AD but the amount of love he gets is a bit much considering that his teams haven't had the best track record for success.

In AD's favor though: he just turned 25 and help lead the Pels to the second round for the first time after losing their other all-star. Trying to compare him to a 28 year old Harden is a bit unfair.

That being said stuff against AD: He is a bit injury prone, especially when it comes to upper body injuries. Hopefully this isn't an issue going forward but its always a scare with AD when it comes to his durability especially being so young.

When Harden was 25 he did lead the Rockets to 56 wins with an injury plagued roster and help lead them to the WCF that year. So compared 25 year old AD to that Harden AD still falls really short.

FLASH21 likes this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Am I the only guy who saw Harden play some good defense during the playoffs? I doubt if that's possible. I think CP3 has had a very positive impact on Harden's interest and approach to defense, and it showed. While he isn't going to make any "All Defense" teams, his defense was decidedly better, in my opinion.

Kellerman and Smith are clowns.

francis 4 prez and RocketsFan247 like this.
  4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Not king but GAWD :eek:

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I wanna go off on this clown, and normally I would, but u know what, today I’m gonna be cool and chill

have a blessed day Clown Kellerman

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Do it

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Kellerman keeps testing me with his bullsh*t, but I’m gonna keep it cool this time Snow

Max, your dumbass got it today...Harden isn’t top 5, sure...

Snow Villiers likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Eh its not surprising, the dude has always hated Harden. As for me, homer opinion but I think Harden is the second best player in the world. I just dont think anyone else besides Lebron can carry a team like Harden. I dont think anyone else has the complete offensive game like Harden.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Lebron is the only guy you have a legit case to say is better than Harden right now

Obito likes this.
  10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NOPE,

This is scripted

Everyone who actually believes this is a REAL OPINION are suckers

11. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know, I know, tin...But, just for the sake of argument for all those fools out there who don't get it how good we (and James) are.,. WE WON THE TITLE! It was taken from us...That's the reality of the situation, and anyone who thinks otherwise, is blind, in denial, works in the League office, or a Warriors fan..likely a combination.

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

deservesitsownthread

13. esketit

esketit Member

harden is better than durant in my eyes. I mean i think harden could get a shitty team a higher seed than durant could because of his distribution skills

14. esketit

esketit Member

thanks for posting this?

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Now this I disagree with. Harden is a top 5 player.

16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

No problem?

esketit likes this.
  17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Harden dragged the 2014-15 team with Dwight missing half the year, T-Jones missing 2/3 of the year, and Bev and D-Mo out at the end of the season to a 56-26 record. For God's sake, that squad relied heavily at times on players like Kostas Papanikolaou, Corey Brewer, Nick Johnson, Joey Dorsey, Pablo Prigioni, and a washed up Jason Terry. And all this with Kevin McFail coaching on the sidelines.

Let's see Stephen Curry and Anthony Davis do something of that magnitude before we ever rank them above Harden.

18. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Good try, but you’ll need a better argument than that. AD can start by trying to stay healthy first.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kellerman doesn't like or hate any player. He's a boxing analyst who's getting extra money for saying the opposite of Stephen A Smith

But

you suckers are suckers

20. CALI_MOST_WANTD

Kawii is over rated and not a top 5 player. Imo.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.