1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#{MAX KELLERMAN} harden is not top 5

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy Long Legs, Jun 26, 2018.

1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

No, we'll erect it, then we'll tear it down and beat it with our chanclas.

Fulgore likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Anthony Davis is so god damn overated. Harden has led worse to 55 wins and a WCF trip with a worse head coach .

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

If you don't have Harden top 5 right now you're just an irrational hater lol.

My rankings are Lebron, KD, Harden, Curry and AD. If Leonard is healthy you can slot him in there instead of AD.

Hard_foul and justtxyank like this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is how I see it. I think Lebron and Durant are clearly 1 and 2 and then Harden, Curry and a health Kawhi are a debatable mix. Your preference or what you need on your team is going to be what decides. I know people love AD, but I personally wouldn't rank him ahead of Harden.

My ONLY knock on Harden really is that if I'm building a trio of superstars I probably wouldn't include him because of his unwillingness to do anything when he doesn't have the ball. Every other name up there can be paired and will do something off the ball, give you defense, etc. It doesn't diminish how great he is, but from a team building perspective it's limiting.

5. rocketseagles07

And harden can’t do what kawhi can on the defensive end.

Beard is realistically somewhere between 3-6. Personally I’d say he’s 5.

6. rocketseagles07

All facts...

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

He's DEFINITELY a Top 5 shooting guard, all-time.

8. fchowd0311

Kawhi can't do what harden can on offense and individual offense is far more impactful to team success than individual defense .

francis 4 prez and Blurr#7 like this.
  9. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

AD (been out of first round once) is better than harden? Some of y’all are nuts. I’d imagine most of your basketball viewing comes from YouTube and NBA 2k.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  10. krouchchocolate

Definitely agree with that

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

The only player in the league who is better than Harden is LeBron. I'll even take Harden over KD, although it's close. KD is a better rebounder and harder to stop one-on-one when he has the ball due to his length, but James is a more complete offensive player who can run the entire offense.

It's a friggin joke to take Curry over Harden. Curry is a better shooter, but Harden is better at literally every other facet of basketball, including defense now that he's stepped up his game. AD I can see the argument for because of his contributions on the other end, but I still say no--he can't carry an offense the way Harden can, not even close, and that's the most valuable and prized skill in NBA basketball, not defense or rebounding.

Kawhi? Same problem as AD except even moreso.

HP3, Killatron 2000 and RoyalGuard like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

#embracedebate

Bobsputin and Snow Villiers like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Kellerman is a weird cat, He props up the Rockets but always takes jabs at Harden. Is this your King!?

Snow Villiers likes this.
  14. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Lebron yes. At this point I'm not to sure KD is a "better" player than harden. Sure he has the length, capable of good defense but what else? Can he distribute get others involved? You could argue the fact that JH and KD are about equals offensively they both get buckets in different ways. I'd place harden @ maybe 2 or 3 this past year. Who knows what's to come. AD is a good player but atleast for now he is NOT better than harden.

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  15. rocketseagles07

You guys use the team argument to justify harden not getting us past GS. But don’t consider ad’s team when talking about where he’s got them....

I’ll take harden over ad simply because of position... but ad is definitely neck and neck with him talent wise and he’s performed the same in the playoffs as he does in the reg season unlike harden

16. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Stop Max Keller-baitng. This dude is a boxing guy. They needed someone to argue with Stephen A. That is his only credential to be on that damn show. Not that he have anything sound to say.

All of his reasoning's are just to be contradictory.

Just S-T-O-P!!

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure how hes neck and neck when hes barely experienced one playoff series win

fckbandwagons and steddinotayto like this.
  18. fchowd0311

Like I said before, Harden has led worse to 55 wins and a WCF appearance.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  19. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

As a proud member of Team Kellerman, this saddens me.

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You look at Durant's numbers and then look at what Harden's done since he got to Houston it'll surprise you at how both compare from an efficiency and productivity standpoint.