1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs May Get #3 From G.S.-Will Ming Be There?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WildArkieBoy, Jun 24, 2002.

1. WildArkieBoy

WildArkieBoy Member

No conspiracy theorism here, just aware of the gentle Cuban-Nelson subterfuge that may yield Yao Ming to the Mavs to play alongside his countryman, Wang Zhi Zhi.

The extended Los Angeles holiday of Wang has apparently put a small roadblock in front of the Rockets plans to use their pick on Yao Ming. Should the Rockets decide to not take the risk and Dallas is able to move up to #3, the Chinese interpretor Cuban has hired may get a verbal workout in 2002-3.

WildArkieBoy

2. ESource

ESource Member

Ming will be a Rocket! Quit believing the "hype".....

3. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I could see the Mavs trading Michael Finley and fillers to the Warriors for the #3 (Butler) and fillers.

4. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No.

Just because some inaccurate moronic BsKball by someone who would rather have Michael "bust" Olowokandi than Ming says we're gonna trade the pick, doesn't mean it will happen. And what is the likelihood Krause passes up Ming, if presumably J-Will is off the table.

Dream on. Deal with your extra soft Raef-Dirk interior.

It's more likely that Wang and Ming would be playing together in Houston, than in Dallas (and I doubt the Rockets will try to sign Wang). Everything I've heard says Wang is a little discontent with the Dallas situation.

5. WildArkieBoy

WildArkieBoy Member

True. He misses playing with his teammate, Yao Ming.

WAB

6. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We have a smart one, here.

Yao played for the Shanghai Sharks. Wang played for the Bayi Rockets. Different teams. The only time they were teammates was national competitions. That's like saying Steve Nash misses playing with his teammate Todd Maculloch. They're not teammates; they're countrymen. And in fact, some of the Chinese posters here said that Ming and Wang didn't play well together in national competition.

China's a pretty big country. Assuming all Chinese are associated with other Chinese (like Ming is automatically associated with Wang) is a mistake.

7. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

One word:

Nope.

8. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Wang played for the Red Army team, The Bayi Rockets. Ming plays for the Shanghai Sharks. The only time they play together is on for the Chinese National team.

(edit: Nike beat me to it.)

9. TroyBaros

TroyBaros "Special" Friend of Steve Francis

Wang wants to play with Golden State in fact Dunleavy stayed in the draft because his father will be asked to take over the Golden state coaching job followed by Golden State drafting Dunleavy at #3 IF Rockets do not draft him first.
    Wang is not set on Dallas anymore, for what he thinks was unfair treatment he got as far as playing time.
    He blames himself somewhat but is improving and wants to play with Goldenstate.

10. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Hear that from one of your "sources" or just speculating since it is public knowledge Ming is working out in California this summer??

11. WildArkieBoy

WildArkieBoy Member

All facetiousness aside, it would be an extreme disappointment if the Mavs somehow ended up with Yao Ming. He has Ralph Sampson-style bust written all over him.

In the end, the Chinese "Red" tape may end up saving the Rockets from themselves and Yao will lose millions in the process.

WildArkieBoy

12. TroyBaros

some of my "sources"
    Hahah so what hes working out in California, there are 4 teams In California.Does it not just frustrate you I hope it does and hey look you can get your 5000 post for it!

13. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

What, you mean injuries?

I never saw him play, but from all I have gathered, we would be lucky to get a Ralph Sampson-type player in this draft (injuries aside, of course!)

14. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Keep in mind that Dallas has a right of refusal up to the league average salary, as it tendered a qualifying offer, and G.S. is over the cap. As such, G.S. has to do some sort of deal with Dallas to get Wang. G.S. and Wang are prohibited from talking to each other until next month.

15. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

Troy:

I am usually not one to make personal attacks, but I think I speak for the majority of this board when I say this:

You're an ass.

16. TroyBaros

Thank you so much.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Arkie-whatever... Ralph was not a bust. Your post sure was.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

would anybody(barring troybarros) mind if I started a thread to see what people think of troy. It would be one of those will a poll taken at the top. The categories could be: ass, jerk, intelligent, or "just a little pissed at the world".

19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree 100%,Ralph was not a bust.Yes,he had his injuries,but if he could have stayed down in the post,I believe he would have had a long productive career.

20. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Troy,

Word has been that Dunleavy Sr probably will not coach GS...they don't seem to want to pay him. Are you suggesting that he will be hired tomorrow (since you said before they draft Jr)? Besides, a player playing for his father could very easily be a problem.

Also, Wang would be silly to pin his hopes on GS since Dallas holds all the cards. Unless GS overpays for Wang - unlikely since they are cheap and already have three centers and three power fowards - he is going to Dallas.