1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matthew Ajibade...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by JayGoogle, Oct 14, 2015.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Those two black cops are the ones really going after him.

3. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Because of camera phones and social media, we are now seeing just how ubiquitous and common cases of police brutality are in our criminal justice system.

At this point all we can do is talk about how to fix what is undeniably (unless you are a diluted sycophant) a systemic problem in our society.

If you are one of those people shrugging off cases like this as a few bad apples, just stop. You may not like the radical solutions I want (forming armed neighborhood groups that refuse to allow cops into our communities and police ourselves), but then let's start having a civil conversation about how we can build a society where things like this awful murder by more idiotic thug cops are not a standard feature that everyone just accepts.

Like I said, I know my solution is radical, and I am open to civil discourse on different ideas -- but allowing things like this to continue happening to American citizens hundreds of times per year is not something I am ok with, and I don't think anyone should be ok with it.

I understand that many of you have disdain for protesters and looters when they are reacting to incidents like this. However, if you don't like those responses, fine, I understand that -- but then you need to ask your government to take serious action to prevent further occurrences. Because, as long as things like this are happening and the population is finding out about it, you are going to have people being able to more easily incite anti-government and anti-police resistance as a response.

To quote JFK:
    I know most of you will think I am crazy, but, much in the vein of the JFK quote, there are a lot of people in this country who don't find incidents like this tolerable, and we would like to change society peacefully -- but if all attempts fall on the ears of bureaucrats who don't care and sycophants who protect such thuggish behavior, then we will have no recourse except to more radical and desperate means.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Definitely.

I think we can go around in circles about "If he was white..." and all this stuff. I think what is clear though is that no citizen should be treated like this. A mass murderer Dylan Roof was treated with more respect and no amount of "Disrespect" towards an officer warrants getting tortured in custody.

Police should not behave this way.
    I think it is a bit radical but we can agree that this is not acceptable. I wonder how many people would find this particular incident acceptable.

5. HamJam

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Cops can do whatever they want without consequence. The american justice system is broken.

7. HamJam

If the people in control of this country don't fix it soon, one of these days one of the protests/riots this type of b*****t precipitates is not going to end.

I can't wait. History has shown that governments that refuse to reform get overthrown. Our country is not special in that regard -- no matter how much the pro-authority conservative crowd closes their eyes and plugs their ears up to the lessons of history.

Like I said -- I hope the people of Georgia make it howl.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not surprised at all about that. You know the people that are always defending the cops and say they are just being fair sure are quiet about this case.

I thought they were fair and would call out injustice when it was clear, guess not.