1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matt Schaub, the GREAT

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Pete Chilcutt, Jan 31, 2010.

1. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Sure it is. Remember, it was on Schaub when Brown missed the GW/Tying FGs, when Brown fumbled at the 1, or when Brown threw a HB pass that was picked off. :grin: :cool:

Matt Schaub doesn't ask "what can Brown do for you" now.

2. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Ha! Isn't it great not having those two on the team this year? Both wins now have had their replacements' hands all over them.

3. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/s...pressions-from-the-locker-room-103256759.html

Yeah, he might occasionally underthrow a ball and may not have the arm strength of Brett Favre 10 years ago, but as far as I'm concerned Schaub is now a bonafide elite QB. Even Tom Brady has been shown to get rattled if you can pressure him enough.

And VY fanboys really need to stop embarrassing themselves here -- it's blatantly obvious that he doesn't belong in the same conversation as Matt at this point.

4. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

Nope. Hit Submit instead of Preview Post. New posters can't edit.

Of course, since I also go by dandorotik (there is a very good reason why I have 2 user names) and have been posting here for the past several years and have always, always included a link to sites when I post articles......yeah, kinda familiar with the protocol. But since you were nice about it and not a jerk, no offense taken.

GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. conquistador#11

That shouldn't matter for All pro considerations. Unless, I was in a deep coma, and missed CJ leading the titans to the playoffs last season.

6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Sometimes, you gotta take one for the team. :)

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

the face of greatness

[​IMG]

8. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Just wondering...it's off-topic, but not off the off-topic topic -

Is it possible to be a fan of Matt Schaub AND Vince Young?

Or, do you have to hate one or the other to qualify?

9. dylan

dylan Contributing Member

I stay out of almost all these threads for this exact reason: I like both QB's. I think VY haters underrate him and VY lovers overrate him but I enjoy watching him play and think he can be a good to very good QB. I do hate the Titans so I will never root for that team to have success though.

Meanwhile Schaub looks like he is, at worst, the 6th or 7th best QB in the league and leading a fun offense. As a Longhorn fan and ex-Houstonian I wish the VY-fanboys who b****ed and moaned about the draft would get over it and that the Texans fans who b****ed and moaned about taking heat for Mario would get over it.

10. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

RIGHT NOW...

1) Manning
    2) Rodgers
    3) SCHAUB
    4) Brady
    5) Brees

11. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

As I walk through
    This wicked world
    Searchin' for light in the darkness of insanity.

I ask myself
    Is all hope lost?
    Is there only pain and hatred, and misery?

And each time I feel like this inside,
    There's one thing I wanna know:
    What's so funny 'bout peace love & understanding?

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i like them both. i just want VY's team to lose every week, as long as his team is the Titans.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I like them both too, and for the first time this year, I want the Texans to win, when they play the Titans....

Before, I didn't care.

DD

14. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Matt Schaub is a winner...except when he loses. he's still great though.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Not sure I can put him ahead of Brady and Brees.

16. rockets934life

Brady and Brees have been simply okay so far, although Brees could explode tonight and that could change the list. Manning and Rodgers have been great so I'll leave them ahead, for now.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm positive that you have rooted for VY and Titans at some point against us.

But it's cool. Welcome aboard :)

[​IMG]

18. RocketRick

RocketRick Member

I like Schaub and have grown respect from him. I was on the fence with his questionable injury proneness at first but he has proven me me wrong that he can not handle the NFL hits. For him to be ahead of Brees and Brady he needs to do it more then one year and get something done in the playoffs. He is knocking on the door of the "Top 5 Quarterback in the NFL". I see him throwing for over 400 yards against the Cowgirls Sunday with a rating over 100. Homo will throw for over 350 but will have a rating of 85 or less. We win 34-20. :grin:

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i would consider him a top 5 qb right now. having andre johnson, easily the best WR, definitely helps though.

20. rockets934life

Ooops, should have been more clear...I meant right now as far as this season only. OVERALL, I agree, those guys have done things and seen things Schaub hopes to achieve but hasn't yet. This season only, though, he has been as good as anyone and even in his down game he still had a TD pass and made a couple of crucial 1st downs.