1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Matress in a Box. Which brand?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by smokieethabear, Mar 10, 2019.

?

Which Brand?

1. Casper

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. Purple

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  3. Nectar

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  4. Cocoon by Sealy

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  5. Leesa

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  6. Other

14 vote(s)
    48.3%
  1. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

I went with the lucid with multiple layer for comfort and slept on that for over a year. It does get hot after being in one position for a long time, you do sink into it compared to standard bed, and it is quite stiff. If you are elderly with joint issues or have back issues I would not recommend at all. I had to switch to a Serta and I'm much happier.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I got a nectar recently
    It’s been great

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Purple vs casper vs nectar

which do I buy?? Or are they all comparable and doesn’t really matter?

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Timberlake & Samberg

5. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Bought a Nectar trying to save some money and hated it. Returned it and got a Casper and loved it. It’s the best bed we’ve ever owned and we’ve owned the very top of the line Tempurpedic.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Out of curiosity, how did you return it? Did you have to stuff it back into the box or did somebody just come pick it up?

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

which version of casper did you decide on?

8. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I "returned" a Casper four or five years ago. They sent the Salvation Army to pick it up and processed the return when I emailed them a copy of the receipt from the pick up.

Dr of Dunk likes this.
  9. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

You don’t necessarily have to buy a mattress in a box for a good deal. I’ve purchased name brand matresses on sale from places like Wayfair with free “white glove” delivery before for about the same price as the mattress in a box places

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Why did you return it? I was thinking about something like a Casper for my next mattress, but it won't be for a couple of years (lol).

11. Buck Turgidson

12. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Will preface this by saying I was very overweight when I bought the mattress, so I'm sure that didn't help at all. At the time I was having issues with my back locking up overnight. I tried five or six different mattresses, some of which I would feel great falling asleep but would wake up so tight I could barely get out of bed. Seems like the Casper was one of the mattresses that was the worst for me in that regard.

I ended up having to buy an adjustable frame, none of the beds I tried were great for me all night sleeping flat. With the adjustable bed I sleep great all night. Even after losing most of the weight I still don't sleep well flat which is annoying away from home.

Dr of Dunk likes this.
  13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It looks like from my research that if you have a higher body weight those are the models that cost significantly more. I want to get a better bed because of how important sleep is with my schedule I have these days. But I’m not looking to drop 3-4K$ on a freaking mattress though.

14. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Ended up at Texas Matress Makers, they basically told me I was going to have a hard time finding a mattress at most retailers due to where my weight was but that they had one model that they would recommend to me. It was better than the rest I had tried but still had some tightness at which point they recommended the adjustable bed.

Don't remember the exact price anymore but that mattress from them 5 years ago was under $1500... want to say it was ~$1250.

15. likestohypeguy

Year and a half again later, The zinus is still holding up better than any mattress id had before.

Their elite frame remains even more impressive, looking like a lifetime frame. Still not a bit of wobble.

#55 likestohypeguy, Dec 23, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

At least with Purple, it's my understanding it takes a machine to roll it into box form.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, that's what I always thought, but wasn't sure how the return for some of these things happen. As in, if you're required to take it somewhere, somebody comes picks it up, or you and a herd of elephants try to compress it back into a box. lol.

Kim likes this.
  18. Master Baiter

They had someone come pick it and we emailed the receipt saying that it was no longer in our possession. Very easy.

19. Master Baiter

We bought the Wave Hybrid. It wasn’t exactly cheap but worth every penny.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Like @Master Baiter said, you get a charity to come pick it up and then share the receipt with the mattress company. The thing is, in our area, we had a really hard time finding a charity that would take it, and we almost ran past the return deadline. For us, it meant a lot of phonecalls and long phone tree waits with the mattress company. I can't even remember which one. Mrs. ordered it. But of course B-Bob returned it. LOL.