1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Echo

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

‘Hawkeye’ Spinoff Series About Echo in Early Development for Disney Plus (EXCLUSIVE)

[​IMG]

The “Hawkeye” series at Disney Plus may already be getting a spinoff.

A show centered on Echo, a deaf Native American character who will be played by Alaqua Cox in the “Hawkeye” series, is in the early stages of development for Disney Plus, Variety has learned exclusively from sources. Etan Cohen and Emily Cohen are attached to write and executive produce the show, with a writers’ room recently being assembled. Marvel Studios will produce.

Reps for Marvel Studios declined to comment. Reps for the Cohens did not immediately respond to Variety‘s request for comment.

Echo, whose real name is Maya Lopez, has the ability to perfectly copy another person’s movements or fighting style, making her a formidable opponent in battle. In the Marvel comics, Echo crosses paths with characters like Daredevil, Moon Knight and the Avengers. She was also the first person to hold the title of Ronin before passing it onto Clint Barton, a.k.a. Hawkeye, in the comics. At the beginning of “Avengers: Endgame,” Barton (Jeremy Renner) briefly used the name Ronin and went rogue from the Avengers after losing his family in Thanos’ snap.

Variety exclusively reported in December that newcomer Cox and several other cast members were joining the “Hawkeye” series. The show will be Cox’s on-screen debut. Whether or not the show goes to series remains to be seen, but it would come as little surprise if Marvel began building out its expanding television universe even more with characters from its current crop of shows at Disney Plus.

Renner will reprise his “Avengers” master archer role in “Hawkeye” alongside Hailee Steinfeld, who is playing Kate Bishop, Hawkeye’s protege. The series picks up after the events of “Avengers: Endgame” and is written and executive produced by Jonathan Igla. Rhys Thomas and Bert & Bertie serve as directors.

Vera Farmiga, Florence Pugh, Fra Fee, Tony Dalton and Zahn McClarnon will also appear in “Hawkeye.” Farmiga plays Eleanor Bishop, the mother of Kate Bishop; Pugh reprises her “Black Widow” role as the spy and assassin Yelena Belova; Fee plays Kazi, likely the comic book character Kazimierz Kazimierczak, a.k.a. the villain Clown; Dalton portrays Jack Duquesne, Hawkeye’s former mentor named Swordsman; and McClarnon plays William Lopez, Echo’s father.

So far, Marvel has seen success with its Disney Plus shows. The first series, “WandaVision,” starring Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, was an immediate hit, wrapping its run on March 5. “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier,” with Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan, followed up next on March 19, and Tom Hiddleston’s “Loki” is set for June 11. “Hawkeye” will debut in late 2021.

Other upcoming Marvel series on Disney Plus include “Ms. Marvel,” “She-Hulk,” “Moon Knight,” “What If?,” “Secret Invasion,” “Ironheart,” “Armor Wars,” “The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special” and an untitled Wakanda series.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

RUMOR: Marvel Studios Has Major Plans for Charlie Cox's Daredevil

A rumor suggests Marvel Studios may bring back Charlie Cox as Daredevil, among other characters, in the Echo Disney+ series.

[​IMG]

Charlie Cox could soon return as Daredevil in a big way.

Over the past year, Cox has been rumored to return as Matt Murdock in Spider-Man: No Way Home and in the forthcoming She-Hulk series for Disney+. While none of the appearances have been confirmed, a new rumor indicates Cox is attached to yet another Marvel Studios project: Echo, which could serve as a potential fourth season of Daredevil. The news was shared on Twitter but comes courtesy of DanielRPK, a scooper who is known to reveal industry news on his Patreon. Per his report, Cox and most of the Daredevil cast from the canceled Marvel Netflix series are set to appear in the forthcoming Echo series on Disney+.

peleincubus likes this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

i may be getting a non-superhero fatigue with marvel. they need to stick with characters with real powers.

Reeko, Salvy, tinman and 1 other person like this.
  4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Superhero’s that can’t fly is just lazy writing

5. Buck Turgidson

I have not seen this tv show, but meh

Invisible Fan and Xerobull like this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you forgot to mention this show was announced at Comic Con
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/sdcc-2022-marvel-studios-echo-release-date-announced

Echo is probably what you get when asking people if they are excited about this show

#6 tinman, Jul 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
    Salvy likes this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Echo was just chosen as the new host of the Phoenix Force not too long ago in the comics which pretty much automatically makes her one of the most powerful Marvel beings unless the MCU changes something about that. Daredevil is ... boring to me, but I'm sure the "great storyline" will put it on a level with great movies like Gone With the Wind and Casablanca. :D

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Non-Powered characters made for low budget TV?

We all knew the 200M+ budget spigot for D+ shows was going to run dry sooner or later.

Totes looking for Rando Who Only Kills with Forks or Super Strong Circus Freak Beardy Woman with Poison Farts on Must See TV.

#8 Invisible Fan, Jul 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    Jontro and tinman like this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

The only reason why Daredevil will show up in this series is to help ratings
    I think anyone who saw the Kate Bishop Hawkeye show didn’t really care about this character at all

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

Centered around a deaf Native American women? Say no more, this is already my fav series of all time. I'm now an Echo fan....

Jontro and ROXRAN like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Marvel just picking random characters out of a hat at this point…

will probably not watch

Jontro and tinman like this.
  12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i dont know. but i really liked this character.

is that decent acting at least? i dont know about "storyline".

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I like the acting, but it's a comic book movie, but it looks like every other mafia/gangster movie in that clip. I guess I'm projecting my "likes" in comic books onto movies. I don't want to see a mundane story about a mundane-looking dude... I want super-powers. Planet-wreckers. Dimension-shifters. Galactic-level threats. Not a fat dude whose daddy did him wrong being chased by a really good blind gymnast with built-in radar. Other than the built-in radar, it sounds like a 1980s detective show. lol. It's why stuff like Batman don't do much for me. It's like we have a "guy chasing a guy" movie. So we put some funny costumes on them "whoa... now we have a lower-tier Marvel movie!" :D

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I've told a few people before that I found it odd that the favorite comics i read when i was a kid were the silver surfer galactus etc etc etc cosmic powered themed stuff.

Then though my favorite comic book movies are batman/blade and tv daredevil. i suppose that has something to do with inability/capability of doing justice to material. there is a reason galactus was portrayed as a cloud thing.

Invisible Fan and Jontro like this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, DCTV has that in spades.

In fairness, we used to get those kind of movies you mentioned once every few years when Fox or Sony brought out a bad Marvel movie.

Bit spoiled now compared to back then

BamBam and Jontro like this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

But dude
    She’s a deaf female ninja tho
    Breh
    @Jontro
    She can’t talk
    But she can be ninja
    And she’s Latina ninja!