1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Daredevil: Born Again

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Droll, old bean.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Deborah Ann is dope

Ziggy likes this.
  3. Xerobull

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

To me this sounds like the perfect type of series to put on D+ in this re-org period. You can get a lot of run time. Drive subscribers. Not alot of CGI budget needed. Plug in any relevant MCU stuff you need to find a home for. And also not have to move the Secret Wars plot lines along at all.

The fact that they announced this as a 16 episode series months ago should have been a tell that the Disney brass already knew they had a problem they had to resolve with the whole Phase 5-7 saga. Without something like this coming to hold the line, it's likely D+ could have cratered with only 1 or 2 D+ MCU shows a year if even that after Loki 2 and Secret Invasion.

Am I excited about a Daredevil & Punisher series though... not really. I think the Punisher character is such an overdone 80's trope.

Xerobull likes this.
  5. TimDuncanDonaut

Daredevil vs. Cocaine Bear vs Super Pig vs Chris Rock.

#85 TimDuncanDonaut, Mar 8, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
    Buck Turgidson, B-Bob and Xerobull like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Is the Punisher gonna hit the same if he’s been Disneyfied and there’s no excess blood and guts?

Netflix at least had that going for it

tinman likes this.
  7. Xerobull

It can be done. See Cap 2. But those were the Russo Bros, and those guys can throw down a good action movie. Marvel has lost a little cred in the good director department lately.

clos4life and Reeko like this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

This version will be FLAMBOYANTLY gay. His show (to be directed by Bowen Yang when it eventually comes out) is about meeting the Netflix multiverse version of himself in an alternate reality where they both need to convince Captain America to let them join his cause during the Civil War story. The two Punishers hate each other at first and @tinman hates it, but they (and @tinman) grow to love each other and it culminates in a sex scene. GOOD LUCK

Invisible Fan and Xerobull like this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Disney is going to make the Punisher into Barney the Dinosaur

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Not sure why Disney/MCU even wanted to bring him into the mix unless they want to use him as a villain. I'm not one of these "Go Darker!!" comic book bros that only wants comic film/tv to be DARK and R-rated. I actually like that the MCU has tried to bring in new fans with older kids & teens because I was once that age too, and couldn't always convince my parents to let me watch movies like Predator, and Alien unless it was on TV where it would be edited. Then you had to deal with it being on VHS with commercials to skip through etc.

The fact is kids deserve good comic content too. A character like Punisher just probably best left out of the MCU lineup IMO. The fact that he's a gun nut as his super power is kind of problematic too. Trust me, I like a good shoot em up revenge flick, but 9 to 15 year olds being able to dress up as a gun nut for Halloween next to Spiderman and Wolverine is not what the MCU should be shooting for. If you Neuter his character too you'll look ridiculous.

clos4life likes this.
  11. Xerobull

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

So King Pin is MAYOR of NYC looking to crack dine on Spiderman, Punisher, Daredevil, etc? Coo.

Just PLEASE no Jessica Jones, black big guy or white karate dude. PLEASE.

13. Xerobull

JJ is in it.

14. clos4life

clos4life Member

First season of JJ was good, S2 and S3 not so much. I also liked parts of Luke Cage. Iron Fist was a huge disappointment.

Xerobull likes this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

A 2nd season?

Isn't that like Daredevil: Born Again Again

Ziggy and Xerobull like this.
  16. Xerobull

I think that this series is going to be the ‘street
    level’ MCU central series, sort of rolling all of the Netflix characters into one show. It’s 18 episodes, which is really long for a Disney+ show.

(Ideally it would be a spidey show but obviously Sony owns the film rights so that will probably never happen)

17. Xerobull

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not me

19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

“Daredevil: Born Again” Gets A Major Reset

Marvel Studios is reportedly set to hit the full reset button on its “Daredevil: Born Again” series revival according to THR.

Fewer than half of the show’s planned eighteen-episode run had been shot before production was called to a halt in mid-June due to the strikes.

Enough was in the can however that Marvel boss Kevin Feige and other execs reportedly realized the show wasn’t working. Sources for the trade say the showrunners crafted a legal procedural that did not resemble the earlier action-oriented “Daredevil” series at Netflix.

In fact, star Charlie Cox reportedly doesn’t even show up in costume until the fourth episode. As a result, in late September head writers Chris Ord and Matt Corman were let go, along with the planned directors for the remainder of the season.

Now, new writers and directors are being sought for the project with the aim being a significant creative revamp. The plan is to keep some scenes and episodes, whilst other serialized elements will be injected.

Corman and Ord will reportedly remain onboard as executive producers. As a result of this, it’s not clear when the series will premiere.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/darede...RS1v7ztHcsX8DO-lOO3vnlK6qhQ-KNBTMHCcq03VZo_5Q

[​IMG]

clos4life likes this.
  20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Blind Better Call Saul sounds DOPE. I don't need the red spandex to get off.

Jontro likes this.