1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel movies] Infinity War! (Part 1 and 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

IMO that's what should happen and it's the only way the movie can be made properly.

Obito likes this.
  2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I was concerned with how well Thanos would come across visually, but he looks really damn good in that trailer.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This looks way better than Justice League

Rocket River likes this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Is galactus/death/the watcher/living tribunal/eternity supposed to be in the second one? Or is Spider-Man supposed to take him down?

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Fantastic 4 gets wiped out in the Infinity war comics.

I guess they wont show that.

The whole death thing is inconsequential with infinity stones though.

One can take the infinity gauntlets from Thanos and wipe out past events.

So meh...

Obito likes this.
  6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Well, yeah. One movie is based off of 20+ movies and 10 years of build up, with directors that have a proven track record of making fantastic movies.

The other...was thrown together to cash in hastily and ended up being a Frankenstein monster between 1 garbage director and 1 decent one. Not to mention the questionable CGI.

Rocket River likes this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This is really all it is. Marvel Studios make their movies right and hires good directors. WB thinks Zach Snyder is a creative genius...which he may be, visually, but his movies stink. Wonder Woman had less interference, and it was fairly decent. The rest of the DC crop is just inferior to Marvel Studios-made flicks.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

I don't think Disney has the rights to the F4. Also, death might be inconsequential, but I don't think the MCU will explore the intricacies of the infinity stones, even though it would make sense to do so.

And can regular humans / any of the known MCU superheroes even wield the gauntlet safely?

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

It would also ease the transition into phase 3 and also provide more storylines.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Captain Marvel's movie is coming out between the 2 movies, there's no way IMO that she isn't made out to be a huge deal in the second movie. Marvel knows how important it is to get this transition right.

I'm guessing there is in fact a lot of character death (or at least royal ass kicking) in the first movie, then the reinforcements take the stage in the second movie.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I guess the Guardians of the Galaxy show up more in the second Infinity War film.

Trailer looks gooooooooooooood. Lots of Doctor Strange. My wife loved that movie, so this one should make her happy, too.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Agree with that. I was ready for him to look as bad as Apocalypse. LOL. Still laughing about that.

Rocket River likes this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

so many of the big names will die and we'll be watching second rate superheroes from here on out until they reboot. I'm guessing stark is holding cap's cold hands in the beginning of that trailer.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

She is; Kevin Feige has stated she will be the most powerful hero in the MCU by a good margin when she's introduced.

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I think it's about the story. Marvel has a lot more characters they could make into movies (any of their Netflix characters would be awesome in a movie, and most of them have been Avengers) to be fair a lot of people considered the Avengers to be third rate superheroes before Marvel made their own films. X-Men and Fantastic Four were considered to be the A/B team.

Rocket River likes this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

no arguing with that. i certainly didn't know much about the avengers, save for that cartoon movie... which wasn't that great. but iron man, thor, hulk, and cap are all big characters... sucks to think that most likely only hulk might survive infinity war. who all survived in the comics?

i know that rdj and chris evans end their contract after infinity war, i think. so they're guaranteed goners.

seclusion likes this.
  17. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

They could in part 2 if the merger with Fox goes through.

18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

So no Adam Warlock in either movie? That’s kind of weird since he’s pivotal to the plot and the outcome in the comics.

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Wasn't he in the end credits scene to GoTG2? I'm sure he'll be in this.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They can do whatever they want. But I don't know, in theory (lulz), I'm not sure, maybe Thor's dad.