1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel movies] Infinity War! (Part 1 and 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

They're not trying to get the "rights" back. They're trying to come to an agreement which will allow them to feature Spider-man in Marvel's first party movies (i.e. Avengers).

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I think its a win/win for Sony to lend the Spiderman character out. The apparently are intending to do anything with the character for a few years and they can still make money off him. Plus Marvel will no doubt make Spidey seem like a badass once again which is only good for Sony once they decide to relaunch the character.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Dude, you totally flubbed it- it's Avengers: Infinity War parts 1 and 2.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I actually think Infinity War is a real title planned for Netflix at some point too. Not sure if it's animated or live action.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Oh no, the title isn't exact! Someone can fix it.

6. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

They rewrote the origin of Star-Lord for Guardians of the Galaxy, which I thought is far more compelling and compact than the comic book origin. So why do we think they must have Spider Man for Infinity War (other than for nerdgasm)?

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

So this is interesting: Kevin Feige basically confirmed that Loki's staff did (does) actually contain one of the infinity stones. I'm still surprised by this, because it basically means Thanos gave him a stone (which he promptly lost) to help get him another. Seems a tad counterproductive.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I haven't watched many comic book movies. I don't watch that many movies in the theatre anymore, period. catch up when I can at home, but am way behind.

So my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt... BUT... COMIC BOOK OVERLOAD!!!!

Caveat, having not seen Guardians of the Galaxy, and not followed it a ton ever, I am cool with those types of movies, since they barely seem comic booky to me. But more movies with XMen, Spiderman, Batman, Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Avengers, etc.... oh my god... I mean clearly they rake in huge steaming piles of cash, but jesus...

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

All of the Marvel movies to this point have been pointing to this event. I respectfully disagree with your opinion. There's definitely a lot of movies, but you're lumping Sony's garbage (Spider-man), DC's garbage (Man of Steel was better than Superman Returns by a long shot, but anyone comparing it to Dark Knight is smoking), Fox's garbage (while I liked Days of the Future past...I could go off for an hour about the problems with it), and throwing it all in with Marvel.

It's just a different genre of movie at this point. People aren't saying "war movie overload!" despite there being 1 or 2 new World War 2 movies almost every year. People aren't saying "sports movie overload!", how many of those are there? How many of them aren't team_a faces adversity, team_a overcomes adversity and it's all for the better?

As long as Marvel keeps releasing good movies, I'm okay with it. I'm especially okay with Infinity War, I've been waiting for this movie since I was a little kid.

10. VanityHalfBlack

saw the boot clip on youtube. Why was the crowd cheering for Thanos at the end? I thought Thanos is a really bad person that can destroy the universe? Shouldn't we be cheering on the heroes that will save this earth? Or am I thinking too much into a movie? Too much internet for me?

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

They're cheering because they're excited that the movie was announced. I mean, you're definitely over thinking it. He's not exactly going to destroy the universe for real.

12. VanityHalfBlack

hahhaha, right? I'll be happy if they keep making GOG movies, but this is the icing on top. 2018, damn that's too far away.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm really excited for Guardians 2, but even that won't be for another 2 1/2 - 3 years. Avengers 2, and Cap 3 can't come soon enough.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If you consider there are 2-3 Marvel movies each year, it isn't overload.

15. JayZ750

Again, I noted my opinion was biased because I'm not the HUGEST comic book fan... BUT, if I go by this:

http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Movies
    http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:Movies_in_production

It seems as if the pace is quickening a bit, so that 2-3 will become 3-4 and 4-5.

Also, it's not just movies anymore. There is a prime time tv show, endless cartoon versions, direct to video stuff... good luck walking into a target with a 5 year old boy, etc.

Also, I wasn't reacting to one group only. Again, throw in the Batmans, Supermans, Transformers and then the other "franchises"... Ninja Turtles... even the more adult stuff... Sin City, 300

Comic Book related media is EVERYWHERE

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Let's just take a step back for a moment, to this point Marvel hasn't released more than 2 movies in a year. That changes in 2017 with 3 that year, and 3 in 2018. So, the pace hasn't quickened at all. It's going from 2...to 3...so where are you getting 3-4 and 4-5 from? You're just making stuff up at this point. There are no plans to release more than 3 movies for the next 5 years.

As for the other stuff; there's been Marvel cartoons forever. There was a prime time show a long time ago as well (The Incredible Hulk). The Netflix stuff will be new, but that's about it. You're not obligated to watch any of this stuff.

17. JayZ750

Dude, I provided links. If those links are wrong, fine. Not sure why you couldn't be bothered to click on them... and say, those links are wrong. I couldn't tell you what's Marvel or DC or otherwise. So GOOGLE pointed me to the links provided... aptly a Marvel Movie wiki.

Please take a moment to actually read what I said.
    Apparently there are some serious Marvel fanboys in here :rolleyes:

I have noted, more than once, I am focusing on COMICS. Not just Marvel.

I don't think it's arguable that both the access to, and the amount of, COMIC related media is at an all-time high. But I haven't done the actual research to back it up.

But I am entitled to complain about it. Especially because it is, indirectly, splashed in my face a ton, and taking budget from other films that I might prefer to get made (which I don't know what they are because they weren't made)...

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah, I'm sure Disney and Fox are really hurting for cash to fund other movies. Come on now.

I like Marvel's movies, yep (a lot). Does that make me a fanboy? If it makes you feel better. You're still not anymore obligated to watch Marvel's, Fox's, or Sony's movies.

You can provide links all day, that doesn't mean you're not mistaken. You're the one who said they're going to release 3-4 and 4-5 movies a year. You also clearly don't understand the distinction between the studios, but that's your problem.

I don't remember saying you weren't entitled to your opinion, you're still wrong about your "main point" if you want to call it that.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Holy crap, that's nuts, man. Marvel fans are in a thread about a Marvel movie that wont be out for 5 years. Crazy world.

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure this can be proven or dis-proven. Comic movies may help sustain infrastructure needed for other movies. A director after making a big pay day from a comic movie may go out and take a chance on a movie that you would like now that he/she is happy with their finances.