1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] The Marvels (Captain Marvel 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 21, 2019.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, the paid like 70 billion for the rights of the X-Men and Deadpool
    but still no movies

and oh, they still have issues with a story for Blade
    @Xerobull

Jontro likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

They paid 70b for the rights to the entire Fox catalog so they would have more content for Disney+. They own Aliens and Predator, too.

3. tinman

Supporting Member

Predator was alright on Hulu, I liked it.

Xerobull likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why are like 90% of their movies basically “the mediocre comedy stylings of Marvel” these days?

and they keep focusing on Z list characters

I’m surprised Hawkeye and his little sidekick aren’t getting a 2 hour movie.

robbie380 and Jontro like this.
  5. Xerobull

Captain Marvel isn't Z-List.

The issue is that the actors age out of roles (or die) or become too expensive to keep, so they have to push the b-list/newer characters. Smart money would lock up the actors for 10+ movies at a lower rate, but studios are always hedging their bets.

FF and the X-Men are coming, though.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

The other 2 are, and how many people actually like Captain Marvel?

most of these new characters they’ve been introducing just seem goofy and irrelevant…and it seems like the majority of the projects they put out these days are more focused on trying to be some sort of comedy

Jontro likes this.
  7. droxford

droxford Member

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Brie looks better now than she did in the first movie
    Maybe she got into better shape with all that Nissan Money

Jontro likes this.
  9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

She does look pretty good.....

[​IMG]

10. Xerobull

She looks good. Better with a little bit of extra meat on her. She doesn't flaunt it much but she's a gorgeous girl.

[​IMG]

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Yall saying the trailer looks "FUN" and "GOOD". That's how it starts with the grooming. The next thing you know you'll be asking boys to suck your tongue. GOOD LUCK.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Part of the problem with the last Ant Man was that it felt more like a Star Wars movie than the MCU. I mean there was Antman family. There was Kang. Though it would've been nice if there were scenes of him killing multiverse Avengers during Michelle Pfeifers invasion of Kangs mind space....

I guess for extra touches, there was Modok but it felt shoehorned and didn't go all the way to do that character justice.

It was a checkbox much like Wong appearing in Shang Chi (another "Marvel" movie).

For this movie, part of its lasting power will be if they go back to the roots of their source material than going the current routine of being self-referential to the characters already established in the movies and do a circle jerk victory lap of past **** without introducing more mystery or intrigue to unmentioned stuff.

13. Buck Turgidson

An Aggie sheep****er is giving you advice, just think about that

14. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

Brie is looking damned good in that trailer and she needs to be front and center of this movie, but from that trailer doesn't seem to be. As a YouTuber put it Brie Larson is the only one of these 3 that was the star of a billion dollar movie. The only thing I can think of is that Disney maybe got scared of all the incel/right wing hate she got after Captain Marvel. It's a shame.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

She has a reputation for not being great to work with. During the Endgame media tour there were a few instances of her costars looking like they'd had enough of her. From what I've heard, this is the main reason for her fall. Captain Marvel was supposed to be the next top dog but shortly after her divaness was known she was knocked down in power scale to be beneath Scarlett Witch.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. Xerobull

I think she tries to project that ‘I don’t take any ****’ attitude, but it backfires and instead of having that ‘I don’t take any ****’ aura she just comes across as a b****. Sort of like trying to be cool.

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yeah some of that does come off as an act, probably trying too hard to be that kind of bad ass initially. I think she's gotten a bit more relaxed....

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Salvy likes this.
  20. Salvy

Salvy Member

Is this true @Mr.Scarface ? You going to the midnight screening of The Marvels?