1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] The Marvels (Captain Marvel 2)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

budget won’t do much for the fact that a ton of people don’t care about these Z-list characters and are tired of the Marvel formula of seemingly every moving being some attempt at a goofy superhero comedy

they have not made Captain Marvel interesting or likable…Monica Rambo and Ms Marvel are Z-list, there’s no way they’re getting people to the theater with that…no one would even know who Ms Marvel is unless they watched her Disney+ show or are heavy into comics…now we gotta do homework and watch mediocre-bad D+ content to know what’s going on in the MCU

clos4life, IBTL, Entropy and 3 others like this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Had an art show I committed to going to that I totally forgot about and had to cancel the movie tickets. I’ll go later this week.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

i hate to spoil it for you, but someone dies.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It may not be in theaters by that point. :oops:

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I thought Ms. Marvel was an all purpose cleaner from the 50s they outlawed because it had DDT.

tinman and JumpMan like this.
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's a real chicken-and-egg conundrum.

7. KingCheetah

The adventures of Ms. Marvel and Mr. Clean in...

The Condor Conundrum

8. PhiSlammaJamma

The expectations are too high to turn back to low budget hero films. So they absolutely need the adults to see it. While kids may like it, kids don't have the attention span generally to see it, and those that do expect a lot of cgi action. That action costs money.

#208 PhiSlammaJamma, Nov 13, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
    ROCKSS and Jontro like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Deadpool could make a billion, but Diz bottom line wanted 3 billion for 4 movies.

No one wants to go to a grungy theater to watch a depowered captain america or Bucky with Black Widow replacement that they first saw at the comfort of their own couches.

Fantastic Four delayed?

X-When??

FOH

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...s-rethinks-movie-strategy-marvels-1235645119/

Shawn Levy and Ryan Reynolds’ Deadpool 3 will be Marvel and Disney’s sole superhero offering in 2024, and will now open on July 26 instead of May 3. The high-profile threequel, which co-stars Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, is the first Deadpool to be released by Disney since it acquired 20th Century Fox and is also the first R-rated pic to be released by Marvel Studios. The marquee title is described as a multi-verse spanning feature that will set the stage for Marvel’s upcoming Avengers movies.

Marvel Studios’ Captain America: New World Order, which was previously set to hit theaters on July 26, has been delayed nine months to Feb. 14, 2025, which will give the studio time to shoot additional material. Marvel’s anti-hero centric movie Thunderbolts, starring Florence Pugh and Sebastian Stan, is moving from Dec. 20, 2024, to July 25, 2025.

Among 2025 titles, Blade, starring Mahershala Ali, has been pushed back nine months, moving its release date from Feb. 14, 2025 to Nov. 7, 2025. Both Blade and Thunderbolts were planning on going into production this past summer but did not have scripts that were ready in time so were shut down amid the writers strike in May. The release date changes announced Nov. 9 mean that Marvel has four superhero pics set for 2025 when including the Fantastic Four reboot, set for release on May 2 (like Deadpool, Fantastic Four arrived from 20th Century), but that could change.

Rather than being a straight-up sequel to the billion-dollar blockbuster Captain Marvel, The Marvels is something of a mashup. In the movie, Larson is joined by Iman Vellani, the breakout star of the Disney+ series Ms. Marvel, as well as WandaVision‘s Teyonah Parris as the grown-up version of Captain Marvel character Monica Rambeau. Mixing and matching characters for sequels is a game plan Marvel has used in the past on films like Captain America: Civil War, which featured nearly every Marvel character imaginable, but to much different results, grossing $1.15 billion in 2016.

“Why not simply make Captain Marvel 2? Why produce The Marvels when your audience identified, empathized, and even hero-identified with Brie Larson’s character? More importantly, why offer people similar or the same characters and stories that are on Disney+ if you expect them to go to a theater together? Disney/Marvel diluted their product,” says one film producer. “Of course, a picture works or fails for other reasons too, but losing so much value picture-over-picture is rare and hard to do.”​

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This first and probably most devastating gut punch that I got from Marvel was Falcon and Winter Soldier. That show was a ****ing trainwreck. Bucky was getting manhandled by soccer moms and Falcon/Cap chose to give an after-school special speech in the finale rather than, you know, do some superhero stuff.

Those were 2 great characters portrayed by 2 great actors, and the show ruined them. That's when the Marvel sheen started to wear off for me, personally. (I really liked WandaVision, even though the finale was bad.)

11. KingCheetah

The marquee title [Deadpool] is described as a multi-verse spanning feature that will set the stage for Marvel’s upcoming Avengers movies.
    ______

Groan.

B-Bob likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I actually do not have high expectations for DP3 because I didn't love the first 2. Not a fan of the fratboy fart joke stuff. Outside of that angle, the plots were mid. Chubby angry kid is BAD is Disney+ level villain.

OmegaSupreme likes this.
  13. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

The schtick in DP1 was really good in the first one and then as with any sequel you have to double down and it got to be a bit tiresome........if they keep it up in 3 I hope it clicks because it gets old quick

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

so which version of fury is in the marvels? is this pre-secret invasion fury or post? the continuity on this is kinda off.

also is kamala 18? tho technically she's legal for me.

tinman likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Best Fury is the Skrull Fury.

Jontro likes this.
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

Can't have it both ways, choose how you want to be perceived.

18. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Better than I expected.

Nick Fury and the flerken plot is basically the equivalent of eleven in the Godzilla movies. Besides that, I enjoyed it even with the musical part. I can't believe Disney broke Samuel L. Jackson.

#218 Joe Joe, Nov 20, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
    Jontro likes this.
  19. clos4life

clos4life Member

I couldn't agree more regarding Samuel L. Jackson.