1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] Black Widow

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

premier access is how much again? guess im gonna call upon my inner jack sparrow on this one.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

3. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

4. Xerobull

I think it's priced per household estimate. Personally, $30 is a steal vs the theatre since I have four people who will want to watch, and I will also probably give it a second viewing if I have access. That's $6 a viewing, pretty good.

GRENDEL, jiggyfly and B-Bob like this.
  5. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

That makes sense for a household that will be watching it. My wife will likely not watch it with me, and kids are too young. So it would just be me.

jiggyfly and Xerobull like this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

CF Black Widow Watch Party at K-Lo's!!!

FLASH21, ROCKSS, CCorn and 3 others like this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Brutha, what?

Invisible Fan and Jontro like this.
  9. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

$3 entry fee.

10. Xerobull

11. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Scarlett Johansson cumming on the phone in "Her" was pretty awesome

Jontro and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Is that the girl from Borat?

13. Xerobull

[​IMG]

14. Xerobull

BLACK WIDOW Star David Harbour Seemingly Confirms Plans For Russia's Version Of The Avengers In The Movie
    [​IMG]
    Promoting the upcoming July release of Black Widow, David Harbour has seemingly confirmed that the Winter Guard, Russian's version of The Avengers, will appear in Natasha Romanoff's first solo adventure...
    JoshWilding | 5/11/2021
    Filed Under: "Black Widow"
    [​IMG]

Yesterday, Marvel Studios released a new series of character posters for Black Widow, and David Harbour shared Red Guardian's on his Instagram account shortly after. No big deal, right? Well, it seems the Stranger Things star may have dropped quite the bombshell about the movie!

As you can see, he captioned the post with, "Ursa, Yelena, Nat, CD, Sputnik, I and all the rest of the winter guard look forward to sharing a popcorn bag and a big ole screen in a dark theater with ya on July 9."

The Winter Guard is Russia's version of The Avengers in the Marvel Universe, and while we obviously know about characters like Natasha Romanoff and Yelena Belova appearing in Black Widow, who are "Ursa," "CD," and "Sputnik"? Well, Ursa Major is a mutant with the ability to transform into a giant bear, and speculation that Olivier Richters will play the character has been running rampant for a while now.

As for "CD," that has to be classic Iron Man villain Crimson Dynamo. An Easter Egg in The Wakanda Files book pointed to Russia possessing palladium (the original source of power in Tony Stark's arc reactor), so there's no reason to believe that armoured villain couldn't be part of the MCU now.

As for Sputnik, we're betting that's a reference to Rachel Weisz's Melina Vostokoff, a character better known as Iron Maiden in the comic books, rather than Vostok, a Soviet scientist who became a new lifeform of synthetic matter and tech after an incident involving extra-terrestrial technology.

Needless to say, the Winter Guard assembling in Black Widow promises to be a highlight...

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. PhiSlammaJamma

Think they can try to top Thanos. I was just reading about why Dr. Doom is considered the smartest villain, and why Mr. Fantastic;s daughter is the most intelligent superhero, and one line stuck out at me. Dr. Doom tells the Wakandan's after destroying their entire world there is only one possible outcome in the entire possibilty of outcomes in which mankind survives, and I am the ruler in it, Doomsworld. So that would be brilliant if they want to go bigger. Thanos may have been a pawn in Dr. Doom's plan.

And based on what I read about it, they would need a superspy to figure it out.

And, some of the plot has already been set up in the movies, and would redeem one of the worst movies they made. It seems like the characters they are rumored to be focusing on would lead right into it.

#55 PhiSlammaJamma, May 12, 2021
    Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Xerobull likes this.
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't know anything about that story, but this panel is popular.
    [​IMG]

GRENDEL likes this.
  17. Xerobull

I think what they're going towards is the multiverse/time travel angle for the next big arc. Kang the Conqueror is a time-traveling villain who they've already cast. It's a convenient and useful narrative to bring in characters that have already been used in non MCU-movies. The upcoming Loki series, Spiderman and Dr. Strange movies are going to cover this heavily.

As for raw power, as @Ziggy posted, Doom in Secret Wars was more powerful and The Beyonder from the original Secret Wars was an entire universe.

[​IMG]

FLASH21 likes this.
  18. Xerobull

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Reviews aren’t looking great for this.

They butchered Taskmaster...

allegedly they made Taskmaster a woman too

TimDuncanDonaut and Jontro like this.
  20. Jontro

Jontro Member

seems about par for a non-superhero superhero movie. can't wait to watch it for free. ok actually i can.