1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel movie] Black Panther

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Oct 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Only a few more days, oh by the way...this movie was filmed with IMAX cameras, if you get a chance definitely see it in IMAX. Did I mention the cinematographer just won an oscar?

FLASH21 likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think my Tickets are IMAX

Rocket River

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I watched one of the Kendrick Lamar music videos off the soundtrack.

It was pretty good, but I have yet to hear the entire soundtrack.

[​IMG]

It's funny how a certain ignoramus person posts a political picture. Riles up a few feathers. Doesn't like the responses he receives. AND THEN tells people to take it to the D&D. The Ghost Rider disapproves.

[​IMG]

el gnomo, Junkyard_Dog and A_3PO like this.
  5. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

For anyone going to see it tonight, tomorrow night, whenever... PLEASE USE SPOILERS... kthx

amaru and A_3PO like this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

saw it on wednesday. lit af!

marvel has been on a roll! even with plot holes, they've been pumping out 9's and 10's the last few movies. brehs need to see it already so we don't have to use spoilers.

but anyway, gonna nit pick. not really a spoiler, so safe to click:

- seemed like king t'challa tries to hard with the accent and often overdoes it. the rest of the cast sometimes does it too, but since breh is the main character he gets the most time and shine. just a little funny that everyone talks very slow and really enunciates each word with the african accent.
    - why did king t'chanka have to kill his bro? because he was gonna shoot young forest? why can't breh just slice his hands off and bring him to court? then his son can be taken back and live like a prince.
    - jontro has the hots for shuri. she reminds me of the little sis in coming to america.
    - funny that the one character who was pro black rights and fighting for black supremacy was the villain.
    - the villain was badass, should replace t'challa. i see where he's coming from and don't really blame him. brought a good point in that the rest of the world is catching up in technology and they should exert dominance before others are on the same level. it's what the powerful countries practically do today anyway
    - i thought the mountain people would live in trees and be primitive like avatar, but those houses are pretty nice. expensive looking wood.
    - i chuckled during the duels for the throne when everyone was doing the shrug dance while watching. particularly funny when the GET OUT breh was all serious, yet doing the shrugs.
    - t'challa has nice home clothes

plan on seeing it again on imax.

heypartner likes this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Welp, 98% after 227 reviews on RT. 222 fresh, 5 rotten.

Say what you will about RT's system, but its also an 87 on metacritic, based on 51 reviews. 87 may sound like a "B," but anything above an 85 is extremely good.

So, the people that watched Black Panther, that have also watched most of MCU - is this the best Marvel movie to date?

seclusion likes this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

hard to say breh. very hard to beat winter soldier and civil war. but it's really good.

i say on par with ragnarok. need time and a second watching to digest.

seclusion likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

i know some brehs will watch and say it's very formulaic. but really all of the superheros are. there are absolutely no surprises in this. if you've seen more than 5 generic action movies in your life, you will be able to know what happens. whatever you guess will happen... will happen.

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed. This is easily the #3 Spot

This movie is great. No less than Top 5 Marvel Movie

Rocket River

Dave2000 and Jontro like this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

- why did king t'chanka have to kill his bro? because he was gonna shoot young forest? why can't breh just slice his hands off and bring him to court? then his son can be taken back and live like a prince.

yeah young Forest Whitaker was going to get dropped and he wanted to use the weapons to start an up rising.

So they took Bucky off ice and rehabbed him like dances with wolves ?

Jontro likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Geez a 7.5/10 on IMDB

Reviews are awful on there

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Maybe IMDB isn't as hyper-vigilant as Rotten Tomatoes after it was reported that deliberately misleading reviews would be posted there?

Of course, I know nothing about how IMDB collates its numbers. At all.

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

usually a 7.5+ in imdb means it's pretty good.

i hardley see 8's and 9's there. sometimes those are given to the drama movies destined for best picture at the academy's.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

7.5 isn't really bad considering that Captain America: The Winter Soldier largely considered one of the best Marvel movies ever made only got a 7.8 and Logan which was phenomenal only got an 8.1. To me it sounds like they are allowing more honest reviews than some other sites are at the moment that are artificially boosting the score by eliminating nearly all negative reviews. It's a comic book movie, not everyone is into that sort of thing so you'll find negative reviews no matter how good the comic book movie is.

Hell Blade only got a 7.1 on IMDB and that movie is awesome.

16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Was Killmonger "the best villain since Loki," like a lot of reviews have touted?

Rocket River likes this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

don't think so, though i think he was badass and prefer him than the soft t'challa. can't compare him to loki because loki is a recurring character and goes back and forth between bad and grey jedi, while killmonger is a one and done character. would have been cool if he and t'challa can put on the suit and fight thanos side by side.

18. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

It lived up to the hype for me, definitely a Top 5 MCU movie with Winter Soldier and 1st Avengers being my top 2

I'm sure I wasn't the only one that wanted Michael B. Jordan to come out at top? I knew it was never going to happen, but he had legit reasons to be that "crowd favorite" heel

I couldn't get over seeing the "Get Out" guy throughout the movie, it's like I was waiting for him to be surrounded by white people

was a bit bummed when Andy Serkis' character died, he was a badass

EDIT: watched it over at First Colony Dolby theater, I'd highly recommend that theater for this movie

#238 Dave2000, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    amaru and Jontro like this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

my sentiments exactly breh.

killmonger seemed like such a friggin badass in the panther suit. plus he practically takes down t'challa with one hand if he wanted to in a suit-less hand to hand combat. he's an activist with real vision and kicks ass so much more than challa

wished the GET OUT breh had a better role. what happens to his character? is he a like a war criminal now? will he be tried for treason? will he be brainwashed by white people?

never liked klaw. glad he was offed in this movie. doesn't seem like a real villain, just a psycho vibranium theif.

Dave2000 likes this.
  20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yeah Captain America CW (best Marvel movie ever) "only" got 7.8 so that just tells you their thoughts on superhero movies in general.

I'm excited to go watch it tonight!