1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marshal Mathers LP 2 coming November 5th

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TdashDUB, Aug 26, 2013.

Tags:
  1. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SBDfRdz6yGI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Exec. Produced by Dre and Rick Rubin?!?!?!?

[​IMG]

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Yep. Can't wait.

3. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Sounds like Rubin

4. TdashDUB

Channeling a beastie boy flow thereeeeeee

5. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Sounds crazy on shroooooms.

can't wait do!

6. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

Loved MMLP. Still probably my favorite Em album, but he hasn't put anything above average out in 13 years. Soooo, I have no expectations.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

His style changed drastically, last two albums were mediocre compared to his older work. Has that annoying style now where he yells the whole time and doesn't lay back like he used to. Naming it MMLP 2 is probably only marketing to boost interest and sales, no way it's a real follow-up with the old school vibe and back to the roots flow.

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I actually liked Recovery a lot. I thought it was one of his most genuine albums and didn't have the "shock value" that some of his other songs have. I can see how he has matured.

I thought it was annoying when he would criticize every other successful artist outside his genre just to boost his sales. Even though I agreed with his disdain for boy bands and Britney Syphilli--I mean spears, that was only to create publicity.

I think that I'm one of the few that cannot really listen to an entire Em cd though. After a while, his voice, with that unnatural, high-pitch gives me an epic headache. If he stayed with his natural voice, his lyrics may have more clarity instead of the focus being on his volume. I guess that was once his appeal--an angry white boy that gave No Fs about what anyone thought.

If Dre is producing it, it should be great quality. Though, I think Em has 2 albums left before he should call it quits as an artist. He and Dre should go out together on top.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Not angry enough.

10. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WapQVEQ_ZHE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Illegal Machine

Typo. I think it's Licensed to Ill LP2.

And that video looks So What'cha Want. I'm hoping it's intentional. Has to be, right?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ru3gH27Fn6E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

this is disrespectful to MMLP, we all know it won't be nearly as good...

13. TdashDUB

I believe, just as MMLP1 was a ground zero perspective of MM's life and how its changed in the year 2000, MMLP2 will be the same only for MM's life in 2013. Perhaps calling it MMLP2 to bookend the two albums as dualities rather using it as a follow up of some sorts.

14. So Good

So Good Member

It won't be better than the first MMLP but I'm excited.

His first single, Berserk, is going to dropped tomorrow.

15. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Deleted Link

#15 percicles, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  16. mhch720

mhch720 Member

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I think he's got a hit. I like it.

18. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

song is catchy, which I think it makes sense to take the 'careless' and 'poppy' approach since he is naming this MMLP2, which had a poppy single at first.

19. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Relapse was awful,Recovery was so much better, I really like what Im hearing from Berzerk though

20. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

I don't like it all. Kind of bummed cause I want to like it. But with Dre producing some of the album I'm still hopeful. I hope its better then Recovery for me. I hated that album so much. There was nothing in that I liked. And I'm in the small minority that loved Relapse. All produced by Dre except Beautiful. Thought it was dark and crazy which is the reason I liked it. And it has one of the most opened glimpses in his life about his personal demons in the Song Deju Ja Vu that still has me listening to that song since the album was released.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Pl4drfStGoM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>