1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marcus Morris to D-league

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cookies18, Jan 2, 2012.

1. cookies18

cookies18 Member

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Morey listened to clutchfans! Lol jk, but that's the correct move to make.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. cookies18

cookies18 Member

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, I figured he would be down there some, I expect Parsons to be sent there as well.

I still hope Morris becomes the Superstar player that Cxbby predicted though.

He will get a chance to play major minutes at Rio Grande and if Morey can clear some of the veterans out, he will get his shot.

DD

6. gah

gah Member

He's gonna tear that league up! while playing exclusively at the 3.

7. meh

meh Contributing Member

I agree with the move. Morris just doesn't look ready. And his skillset as primarily a scorer isn't really consistent with what the Rockets need from him right now. While Parsons can play better as a role player.

If he works on his game well in the D-League and get used to the Rockets offense, I think he can easily come back as a 6th man off the bench. Currently our bench lacks offensive punch. Something that Morris can provide if he can live up to his potential.

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I like that he will be playing exclusively at the three.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think its the team that's not ready for him, rather than Morris not being ready. He's done fine in his limited minutes, but for him to really develop into a three he's going to need more touches, and the team can't really afford to accommodate him in a shortened season.

I don't see why Parsons needs to go. He's the kind of player that picks his spots and plays within the flow of the offense. I think he's pretty much reached his potential and just needs to stay confident and learn the NBA play.

10. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

Right he doesn't look ready. Your a heck of a scout. I actually couldn't gauge if he was ready, I need a little more then 3-4 total minutes of regular season PT to tell.

11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Will he ever make our rotation? I thought we drafted this guy 2 play right away

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Not liking the decision.

But I guess it's better he played in the D-league than rot on the bench. I hope the Rockets call him back up soon because we need to see what he can do.

In other news, the other Morris had 16/9 today.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Really is sending every good rookie to the Dleague a good strategy? We seem to be the only team that sends our top picks there constantly.

I wish we saw more of the guy than the 5 mins we did.

14. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

Of course it is Jay. Many of the great posters on clutch fans have already seen enough in the 4 minutes of playing time to judge that he's not ready yet.

15. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

The strategy has been working, no need to change it now.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

At least he will get the PT that he needs.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

When you are picking 14, you are not expecting a contributor right away.

DD

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

BTW, he should really focus at playing the 4, imo.

19. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Exactly. Patterson wasn’t ready at first last season and was even looking bad his first few RGV games. But then he got the hang of things and came back a beast.

Marcus will do the same, just watch. He’ll get better accustomed to playing the 3 and come back to the Rockets in good shape. The Rockets organization knows what they’re doing.

20. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Actually DD, you can also look at it that lower draft picks are usually more NBA ready, in comparison to those high potential, but raw top draft picks. Just take a look at our previous year's draft picks and we all picked a bevy of NBA ready picks. Marcus Morris was considered to be NBA ready by many scouts. It's just that with our team we have a glut of NBA ready, above average players that clog positions SF/PF that Marcus plays. Nevertheless, it's nothing to argue about. The D-league will do wonders for his development. He'll get to be the focal point, which is what his skill set is suited for, and he can get used to the faster pace and better competition.