1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man who Paralysed Friend to have Spinal Cord Severed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MoonDogg, Apr 2, 2013.

1. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

This is pretty harsh.....
    [​IMG]

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/452683/20130402/saudi-arabia-punishments-stab-paralise-spinal-cord.htm

2. smr6

smr6 Member

Wow that's intense

3. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

Cleary a theread to make Islam and Islamic rules look bad. The eye-for-eye law is the best law and the law that prevents the most crimes. Saudi Arabia has one if not the lowest crime rate in the world while your ''ideal'' ''democratic'' ''free'' America has 400 murders per year in one city like Chicago.

BTW, the eye for eye, lapidation etc are all in the Bible but y'all prefere the ''modernity'' and leave God's law behind to practice men laws. Peace!

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

One of the laws I wish the whole world had.

5. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I stab all of my good friends in the backbone. What's the problem here?

6. roxxfan

roxxfan Contributing Member

Hey, r****d, that is so Old Testament. Jesus came back in the NEW Testament and said to turn the other cheek.

7. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

Is your argument so weak that you have to insult me? Jesus (peace be up on him) never came to abolish the Old Testament. Before saying something, you should get some knowledge of your religion.

Jesus says in Matthew 5:17 regarding the old testament- "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill"

About lapidation: When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stoneat her." (John 8:7)

He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”
    —Luke 22:36

This is just to show you that Jesus (peace be up him) applied Sharia law as well but y'all will never admit it because if your ego.

8. roxxfan

Hey. Good effort. New Testament. Sermon on the mount. Look it up. I am only referring to the "eye for an eye" aspect of this thread. Proper grammar would be appreciated. Fix you tenses. Goodbye.

9. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

English is my third language. Jesus (peace be up him) came to fullfill that's it. Not to abolish the Old Testament.

10. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

No, it's a thread to discuss the harshness of the punishment. I don't give a rat's ass whether it's Islamic or Christian doing it. It's barbaric and as the quote goes "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

11. roxxfan

I never said to abolish. Hey, my bad man, that was a douche comment. Sorry. Having a rough day :/

12. Nook

Nook Member

There is no way to know what the crime and murder rate in Saudi Arabia is, because the Royal Family does whatever the hell it wants and controls every facet of the government (with US help).

I don't see how you can jump to this being an anti-Islam thread. It is all factual and the OP did not make any comments against Islam.

As for Chicago, it is a corrupt, racist **** hole.

13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

So I guess if you have enough money you can get away with murder
    in Saudi Arabia also. Some things never change.
    :(

14. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Hammurabi approves.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That is pretty messed up.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

When I was little my friend broke my video game, so I stabbed him in the back bone.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

RAWR! MY RELIGION IS THE RIGHT ONE!

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

RAWR! MY RELIGION IS THE RIGHT ONE!

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Right. I'm sure all crimes are "reported."

20. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

stupendously stupid, indoctrinated to the max, no more evolving, learning and being a better person for you. Basically religion 101, I have hate and fear in my heart, better create some type of religious practices that let me justify my hate for anyone who doesn't think and look they way I do, beat and stone women to death, and chop off all their body parts for my taught bloodlust.

you should be reading this and learning but only humans keep an open mind and evolve their belief structures based on facts and such.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/feb/25/norwegian-prison-inmates-treated-like-people

#20 Joshfast, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013