1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Malice at the Palace

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Jugdish, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Definite must watch. That night derailed what should have been a Finals-bound Pacers team.

BallSoHarden, UTSA2step, MGC and 9 others like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

I remember watching this whole thing live as it all took place from start to finish. Nothing really new to see as theirs been so many detailed accounts by the main players involved through the years since, but will eventually watch just for the entertainment.

4. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Ah the glory days. When basketball was football.

5. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Anyone watch this? Not a lot of new information, but there were some camera angles and action I'd never seen. Ron and Reggie almost getting maced by that cop who was in over his head was a new one to me and Stephen Jackson's reaction to the Indiana cop not recognizing Reggie Miller was classic.

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Any decent or extended footage of Jermaine O'Neal's throwdown on the court?

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

See the Old Panda Friend seek World Peace.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  8. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Nothing new, but they talk about how lucky he and the dude he hit were that he slipped as he threw that punch in front of the bench.

Most of the footage they show is a much higher quality than what you get on YouTube...very little of that early-2000s pixilation you get with highlights from that era.

ElPigto likes this.
  9. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

Not a mask in sight

TMac'n, PhilCollins, Sajan and 5 others like this.
  10. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Can’t believe they interviewed Donaghey

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That drink throwing dude changed the NBA history.

12. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Great doc

DreamShook likes this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Jamaal Tinsley to Ron Artest something like "you still gave fouls to give"

alwyas thought Ben Wallace over reacted. even when Artest didn't retailiate after the two armed full force shove, Ben Wallace still wouldn't stop acting like ww3 throwing his bands which basically incited the crowd into being violent

#13 vlaurelio, Aug 12, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

this was so funny/tragic how JO and Stack recount these events. Tinsley yelling at Artest that he still has fouls, JO and Stack looking at him like "you know this nixxa is crazy, why would you say that!" took me out. They basically blamed the whole thing on Tinsley.

I didn't know that JO and Artest had such a strained relationship. Artest asking JO in the Locker room, after the Brawl, if they were going to get in trouble.. that has to be a classic moment, wow.

ElPigto, OmegaSupreme and Kevooooo like this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

naww, but it's still really interesting. We all know what we are going to know about the fight, it's the other stuff that was so intriguing.

ElPigto likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah nothing new besides the camera angles pretty much. It’s been talked about so much since then by the players involved that they shared whats been said in the doc at one or point or another

GotGame15 and ElPigto like this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

but but the documentary title promised me that it was UNTOLD

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

for casuals sure ;)

GotGame15 and napalm06 like this.
  19. JW86

JW86 Member

It was disappointing as the interview on Barnes & Stack’s show with JO they talked about (almost) getting a criminal record over it and they didn’t really get into that nor how JO’s life was affected by it, they scratched the surface. Also how we were going to be shown all the footage to judge for ourselves. The camera footage was pixelated and it didn’t really show anything new, though for some people hopefully it does.

There was some new tidbits at least for most people I’d assume, the Tinsley words to Artest in particular which for some reason are misquoted on here. Anyway, I liked that we got the whole story from the 4 main Pacers from how they got to the team to even Artest & Stack winning a trophy later. Wallace side was not explored enough and Donaghy provided some info though could’ve been told by anyone.

The most disappointing was how it felt a bit rushed and to me still left certain parts untold, ironically…it’s too late to expect anything for now, but I do want to see all 4 of those guys for a reunion special and talk it out. Maybe even with Ben and Rasheed there who also got involved. So not just talk about the malice, but their relationships and how certain choices influenced them. It left a feeling of unfinished, but still a good watch.

I was surprised how someone like Bob Costas allowed himself to be dragged into the aftermath with that whole thug ****…and Jim Gray from NBC, definitely surprised how open he was about Stern who comes across as the truly despicable dictator he was. That guy I’m almost certain that he’s racist.

#19 JW86, Aug 13, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
    DreamShook likes this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I thought there was going to be a part 2. I guess not.