1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Madden 2002 on PS2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dr of Dunk, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Has anyone else gotten it? I went out and succumbed to impulse buying and decided to get one. Haven't played it yet. I've already told a co-worker if I don't think it's that big an improvement over 2001, I'll let him buy it from me.

2. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I've seen it at the video store.

But from what I saw, it wasn't too different from 2001.

3. red

red Contributing Member

i have a ps2 but i still think NFL2K on dreamcast (which i also have) blows it away...

4. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Sega Sports easily has the upper hand in the nba, nfl, mlb game markets.

5. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I got the PC version today . . .

I practiced for a bit then played a game.

It crashed after the first play . . .

I'll try again later tonight.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I bought it and I highly recommend it. It's not too much different from the 2001 edition, but if you have the NCAA or rent it, you can import draft classes.

The QB and #1 receiver for my Houston Texans' franchise are Chris Simms and Roy Williams, respectively.

It also seems to be a bit more challenging, and I like that as well.

7. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I'm very disappointed in the ncaa 2002 game. They elimintaed alot of the features from the PS1 version of ncaa football.

Also, I have the second-genertaion, i.e. mass-produced version of ps2, so my video games are blurry in the background. But, it plays dvds well.

8. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I rented it last weekend and played it. Damn is it hard. I was only playing on the Pro Level ( Rookie-Pro-Madden-All Madden) and it took me three games to score.

I havent played Madden in a long time (GameDay fan) and I was also playing with the Chicago Bears ( fan since '84 )

Anyways, graphics are really awesome and I like the trading card feature - Madden Challenge.

I would rent it first and see if you like it.

BTW - all of the dreamcast sports game nfl/nhl/mlb/nba are going to be rolled over to the XBOX for the 2K3 season. I am getting an XBOX. All the XBOX/Gamecubs info is in this thread XBOX

9. Not Chaney

Not Chaney Member

I'm waiting for the NFL2K2 for PS2 to be released. I recently picked up the EA sports NCAA 2002 and I enjoy it. I've been playing EA sports for so long.......

10. kirkit

kirkit Contributing Member

i got madden 2002 yesterday. i had 2001 before it but then i traded 2001 and got 2002. i havent really played the game portion yet but the graphics are only a little bit better, no big difference though. i did play the franchise mode. i think it is better than the first one. this time players actually improve by more points than last year. some players last year never improved like rob johnson and doug flutie. this year if your player does awesome he gains more rating points at the end of the year. if he sucks, he stays or goes down. if you are a franchise player, get it. one thing i dont like about the franchise part is the signing free agents takes too friggin long.