1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lynn McHale to Morey : Save your crocodile tears

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Nov 19, 2015.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

@lynnmchale on Twitter..Kevin's wife.

Wow...maybe this is the McHale we needed all along.

She also liked this tweet from Simmons:

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Rockets taking a hit in the media even though it was on the players.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Thats exactly why they're taking the hit... that and the fact that McHale is well-liked by the national media, far more than Harden/Howard.

4. csc177

csc177 Member

Ha! she actually tweeted the Kardashian curse was real? #whosnext?

SMH C'mon Lynn!

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It's nice that she's defending her husband but this move wouldn't have had the negative reactions if Morey canned him after the Portland series.

If the media wants to give McHale credit for Houston getting to the WCF last year then they really don't watch or know this team.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

FTW ROCKETS FTW needs to go set her straight on Twitter.

8. conquistador#11

damn she would have benched harden with no remorse 3 years ago before bad habits formed.

9. basketballholic

This is so rocking kewl. She's standing with her man and telling the truth. #ItsonHarden

10. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

HOW CAN YOU BE MAD! Your husband is getting PAID to NOT WORK. He put in work to earn himself the extension and was paid a huge amount of money. He failed to keep control of the team. He was punished accordingly. His punishment is getting paid to not work. Give me a break.

He can find another coaching job. Hell he might end up in Sacramento if thing with Karl go sour. I understand being laid off and upset, my entire career in the chem industry is temp jobs and I hate it, but I'm also not getting paid what some people make in their lifetime to just not work.

I like McHale, I do. I wish he was more strict and this didn't happen but I am losing my good feelings for him over his stupid wife.

And honestly, I think its because of the way high paid athletes treat their money. Like what Josh Smith and Derrick Rose said. Hey you do you, but you aren't getting sympathy from me.

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Meh, she's sour. Why? $12M of free money not enough?

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Wow, she is ridiculously political. Are we sure she doesn't already post in the D&D?

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It doesn't bother me in the least. In fact, I applaud Lynn McHale for supporting her husband. Why should we care? She's simply being a human being. It doesn't hurt the team or the organization, certainly not remotely as much as the beginning of this season as it has played out thus far. Lynn McHale doesn't deserve a slam, she deserves to be respected. That family has been through hell the last few years, putting aside the "hell" this team put her husband through during a significant part of his tenure here.

Relax, Mrs. McHale. Put the Rockets in your rear view mirror. Mr. McHale can bank millions and is free to do whatever he desires to do, as long as it doesn't involve the Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  16. photojoe

photojoe Member

I have so much respect for Kevin McHale. For the phenomenal career he had as a player and for everything that I have heard about him as a coach. I know that players are very careful about what they say to the media, but if you listen to players talk about McHale they all seem to have tons of respect for him. Some people disagree, but I liked his interviews and he seems like a genuinely great guy. I was shocked that he was fired, especially this early in the season, but I can understand the thought process.

All of that to say, Lynn McHale's posts on Twitter don't seem to fit with McHale. Number 1, why does anyone care what Kevin McHale's wife thinks. And number 2, she is going to try to vent frustrations on Twitter like a high schooler? Really? Best of luck to McHale in wherever he ends up next and enjoy getting paid 12 million by the rockets for the next 3 years to not coach them but I would be fine if I don't hear anything from Lynn McHale again

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Okay now she's getting ridiculous but hey a woman scorned amirite?

18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

That really her? Nothing Rockets or McHale before then in my quick scroll.

Maybe it is, but quoting not sportscenter?

19. ApuN

ApuN Member

I'm glad she called out the Khloebacca

Maybe James Harden will take note

20. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

mchale was just stealing money from the rockets, dude cant coach