1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lurkers of the World Unite!! Stop the JVG hate/ bench player love fest pig dogs!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by robgue, Jan 24, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

Who remembers clutchcity.com? With Mario on the intro? I still type clutchcity.net. It just redirects you. I just refuse to type clutchfans....Don't know why.

2. Pwnocchio

Pwnocchio Member

Yeah, I've been a lurker for a while and finally had to come out of lurkdom because I couldn't stand the complete negativity that runs rampant on these boards. You'd think our team was barely .500 or less the way some people go off. As it stands, halfway through the season, and without Yao, we are 10 games above .500.

Some posters need to ditch the JVG bashing (I didn't say criticism) and the over-reliance on guys who are deep in the bench, and that's where they'd be on any other NBA team.

3. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

What a hypocrite! Come out to call for united and give JVG love while calling our bench players scrubs. WTG!

4. Skip To My Loom

Oh cool, a thread for lurkers.

I actually like Vspan though so no lurker unity today.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I lurked until late 2006. All my posts are from the last few months and now can't get enough. Was visiting the site way way before I signed up even. You guys who have 20 posts since 98 or whatever, how do you even stay remembering your passwords after all that time? :p Don't need to log in to see the posts in here...I didnt even remember the email addressed I used for the "forgot password?" part for the longest time.

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

When I say JVG is a close minded coach who is poor on offensive plays and one who is reluctant to develop rookies .There is no HATE what so ever!! Its just my opinion of his coaching. In fact I like jVG and think his dicipline is just what the Rockets need. :p

7. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

When I say JVG is a close minded coach who is poor on offensive plays and one who is reluctant to develop rookies .
    There is no HATE what so ever!! Its just my opinion of his coaching. In fact I like jVG and think his dicipline is just what the Rockets need :p

8. LoneStarDawg

LoneStarDawg Member

Yup, I remember clutchcity.com that became Rivals or something... That was when you could lurk without having to sign in to the BBS.

9. GimmeDaRock

GimmeDaRock Contributing Member

I lurk... therefore I am...

10. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Winner?

LoneStarDawg
    Since: May 2003
    Member: #12310

or

houskets
    Since: Feb 1999
    Member: #37

or

GimmeDaRock
    Contributing Member
    Since: Mar 1999
    Member: #303

11. HumbleDan

HumbleDan Contributing Member

I Lurk because I'm hungry for any news on the Rockets even most of this BS! :eek:

12. Elvislives

Elvislives Member

Lurking makes me happy.

I lurk because I how much can one person say about basketball? I can criticize the coach and the team, but frankly, they perform a hell of a lot better than I ever could. I just root for whoever is a Rocket this year (though I do remember rejoicing when Francis was dealt). I do get fed up with bashing Van Gundy. Or loving bench warmers that would be playing if it would actually help the team. I leave those decisions to people far more qualified than me to and who get paid to do it.

13. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

The Rockets are fine and are going in the right direction. I agree with how polarized this board can get after a win or loss. The truth is this team is destined to make a strong run in the playoffs and at the very least have a shot to get out of the 2nd round assuming both of our stars are healthy and rolling.

14. JOHN BILL

JOHN BILL Contributing Member

Isn't it odd that people who endlessly post: stimulating polls comparing the relative merits of clutch vs. turbo; insightful trades proposals like Hayes, Sura, two power dancers and a trip With Mutumbo to an Atlanta titty bar for Garnett, and two first round picks; rivoting daily Sina progress reports on yao's toenail hygeine; detailed descriptions of Bonzi's elicit grocery store activities; thoughtful, never before considered recommendations that "we" fire Gundy, Howard, Gundy, Rafert, Clyde, Gundy, Sweet Suzie and . . . Gundy's wife; and, my personal favorite, "I'm first" game thread additions, stand so much higher on this boards status ladder than those so hoplessly addicted to the Rockets they only read this crap without comment, after everyone else in the family has gone to bed. Basketball p*rn.

15. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

I love this post. Well done.

16. kwik_e_mart

kwik_e_mart Member

Some silent fourmers have finally spoken!

... and taking bets on when they will speak again ;)

17. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

MODS OF THE WORLD UNITE!!.....

and lock this stupid thread..

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

18. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

You would not have anything to read if the obsessively outspoken never posted.....Now you know why we understand obsessive coaches.

Basketball p*rn:
    "The player took the large round head-like object and raced with it towards the quivering backboard. He pulsed all throughout his body with trembling passion, he leaped toward the expectant opening. Oh, would it fit? Would it be too large? Would he slam it in too hard? He lifted the orb up with both hands and brought it slamming down with terrific force into the awaiting orifice. "YESSSSSS!" he screamed, as it sliced through the hole! Down it sliced. Down it fell. The backboard shook and trembled. The player tumbled forward, catching himself as he fell and knowing that he had done what his destiny had called him to do - demanded that he do. He exhaled and relaxed. The backboard trembled slower and slower until it finally stopped and rested. The universe was at peace again. The scoreboard registered 2 points. The player went and had a cigarette and smiled. The backboard wondered if he would call tomorrow." :D

19. JOHN BILL

JOHN BILL Contributing Member

Richirich,

Uh, well . . . something like that.

At least you provided the antonym for lurker I've been searching for and possibly a new category in the next revision of the DSM: Obsessive Posting Disorder (OPD), characterized by the irrational need to state or more often restate in public written forums the obvious or superfluous, or to propose the nonsensical, not or to participate in meaningful discussions, but to be recognized for something, anything, no matter how trivial or inane.

Soon, there will be a pill followed by an ad followed by a warning about possible priapism, nausea and rectal bleeding, all for naught because people with OPD don't want to be cured.

Obsessive Posting is white noise to be ignored, chaff to be sifted, hay to be painstakingly sorted, one piece at a time, in search of an interesting statistical analysis, obscure albeit well written article, or the p*rn star of Rockets addiction, some tidbit they might actually have come from a Rockets insider (all praise be unto the mysterious Doc Rocket). One can argue that the OPD's perform a service since diamonds wouldn't be worth much if they were easily found. What guiles me is the all to prevalent attitude among Clutchcity (can't help it) cyberpolluters that their opinions carry additional heft based on the volume of crap previously spewed by their proponents.

Ironically, your post, by and large, represent the music/wheat/needle/bb p*rn I lurk for.

20. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

Always glad to be of service. As you can see by my number of posts divided by years, I am way behind some of the superstars here. But I do strive to make up with quality what I lack in quantity. As some would say, beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

I take the lower mg dosage of the pill. Or at least I should eh? :D

On the subject of priapism - I think of this joke every time I see that TV commercial: The doctor has a phone call referred in to his office. "Hello, young man, what is the problem you seem to be having?

Oh ok, you saw the commercial on tv.

And how long has it been hard? About 6 months? How old are you? Well at 16 that is normal male function. It should begin to subside in about 2-3 years. Then it's all downhill for about 25 years. Then call me back and we'll talk about those pills in the commercial."