1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luck vs. RG3

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by SK34, Dec 2, 2012.

?

LUCK or RG3

1. Luck

45 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. RG3

51 vote(s)
    53.1%
  1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

russell wilson has 26 tds. griffin has the highest yards per attempt in the league. he is the only qb above 8. russell wilson is fourth cam is third peyton is second. this is an oft ignored stat that is a good indicator of how potent and accurate a qb is. cam is really astounding to be so high because his completion pct is so low.

its yards per attempt, not completion, think about that. cam is very low out of the top four, 57% the next guy is 65% that's griffin.

2. SK34

SK34 Member

RG3 Stats:
    Games played; 15
    20 td, 5 ints, 3,200 yds, 65.6 completion out of 393 attempts, sacked 30 times for 217 yds. Rate: 102.4

Luck stats:
    Games played; 16
    23 td, 18 ints, 4,374 yds, 54.1 completion out of 627 attempts, sacked 41 times for 246 yds. Rate: 76.5

Wilson stats:
    Games played; 16
    26 td, 10 ints, 3,118 yds, 64.1 completion out of 393 attempts, sacked 33 times for 203 yds. rate: 100

This is only their passing stats this year. Wilson and Rg3 have fairly similar numbers overall. Wilsons stats became really good due to the last 4 weeks he had. Lucks numbers aren't bad due to his passing attempts and being a rookie.

I do not know how to figure out how good is each persons O line. Can somebody do something for that to show here.
    I will post who they have on their teams to throw to later on the day.

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I cannot say for other teams but I know Indy's line was atrocious for most of the season. I believe Luck lead the NFL in sacs, hurried throws and knockdowns. The running game for the most part was subpar as well. The biggest reason by far Indy won 11 games was Luck.

I have no problem if RGIII is rookie of the year, I think this is really shaping up to be a great QB class and who will be the best among them is far from being settled.

#223 pirc1, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  4. likestohypeguy

:eek:

lmao wow and watch luck still win it.

5. Xcellerator

Xcellerator Member

Don't forget that RG3 ran for 815 yards on 120 carries (6.8avg) for 7 TD's!

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Aaron Rodgers was the most sacked guy in the NFL. He also let the league in passer rating. Peyton Manning had the least sacks. Tebow last year year had more sacks then peyton despite playing in fewer games and having 100+ fewer pass attempts. I think some QBs just like to hold the ball for a while and others just let it go faster so it isn't always the offensive line. Peyton in 2010 with the colts was sacked the only 16 times, one of the best in the NFL. The next year the colts allowed 30 sacks between their QBs. This year it jumped to 41. Obviously some guys left the colts line, but some of it is the just the way the QB plays.

7. pirc1

There are styles that hold the ball, Rodgers is one of those definitely. I saw many times in Colts games where Luck would drop back to pass, as soon as he turn around, the defender was already there. Part of the terrible line play was starters keep getting injured, I think with more experience and better line play(hopefully), he will get much less sacs and ints next year. Luck did make many plays throw to receivers while being chased or while in the grasps of the defender like big Ben do all the time.

8. SK34

SK34 Member

rG3 vs wilson tomorrow.

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Players are not responsible for whether or not they suit up and ultimately enter the game. Why anyone would criticize Griffin is beyond me. Send the guy to James Andrews and hope for the best. If he's never the same, Shanny's legacy is going to be that he robbed the NFL of a once-in-a-lifetime talent.

11. Major

Major Member

12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It just sucks that he had to go down on a bad snap and his toe digging on sh** for grass.

13. pirc1

Yup, guess we will just have to wait and see. If he comes back close to 100%, I doubt he should run the same type of offense he did this year. You try to minimize contact as much as you can, not try to put him out there to have a chance of being hit every time, unless they want to end his career within three years.

14. pirc1

Would turf have been any better for his knee?

15. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

16. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

i hope its not torn that would be terrible

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He had a badly injured knee and he was playing on it. Just a matter of time.

18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Don't know about that, and it was clear he was already hobbled hard going into the game, and re-emphasized when he came up gimped after trying to force a running throw in the redzone. It just sucks that RG3 could miss 2013 from his knee buckling because he reached awkwardly for a bad snap.

I can understand Shanny playing him. If Griffin won them the division against Dallas, can you really go into the presser on the following week and say that it's Cousins' time? You'll get roasted by 99% of D.C. He should have pulled him after that play though.

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It was obvious he should have been pulled after they ran a sweep to the left the drive before the the fumble and he, quite literally, hobbled out of bounds.

Not only was he in pain (wincing) the entire time, he was about half as fast as normal. That 5 yard gainer would've been 10 with him healthy.

If you don't take him out for health concerns, certainly you take him out because he is no longer playing effectively.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Mike Shannahan just pissed away his future and took RG 3's with him.

Of course, Griffin would want to play. He's young and 'dumb'. This whole thing was beyong irresponsible and couldn't have been mismanaged more.