1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luck vs. RG3

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by SK34, Dec 2, 2012.

?

LUCK or RG3

1. Luck

45 vote(s)
    46.9%
  2. RG3

51 vote(s)
    53.1%
  1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Do you think Morris' success has anything to do with a mobile QB that can open up running lanes?

2. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Also no one is bringing up that RG3 has been without Pierre Garcon for most of the year( his favorite target).

Fact: the Skins are 6-1 when Garcon plays, and 1-6 when he doesnt

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Garcon > Wayne

4. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

I'll answer that question, in short... YES. RG3's dual-threat ability gives a back like Morris that extra second to hit the hole because the D is concerned with RG3 and the formations. If you put a speedy back like a prime Chris Johnson or CJ Spiller their instead of a brusier like Morris, they would be breaking off more huge chunks and TD's in the running game then they are already are. Alfred Morris doesnt have top end speed which limits their game-break ability

5. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

laughable

Garcon was known a secondary reciever to Wayne in Indy who dropped a lot of easy passes.

Wayne is a HOF

RG3 is making Garcon look good, the Skins also dont have many WR's that can create seperation. Santana Moss can once every blue moon, but its Garcon or BUST for the most part.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They do it by design because of how poor their o-line is at pass protection. Gotta keep your QB alive. They were totally atrocious early on. It's gotten a little better. RG3 is a sniper when he stands in the pocket and has time. He's also good at throwing on the run but not as accurate.

I assume you don't know Garcon has missed half their games and was hampered in others by injury. He's been a bust so far. Redskins receivers improved recently but have been a complete joke all season. Never seen so many dropped passes in my life.

7. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

they call run playz.....4 their qb......to keep their qb alive?.......OooooooKay shanny... agreed to disagreed

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Can you think (or post) beyond a 2 year-old level? Do you understand the difference between calling a run play for RG3 and trying to keep him alive in the backfield because their o-line can't pass protect? One is a pass play; the other is a designed run.

9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

This week showed that Washington is much better team than the Colts if you take out RG3 and Luck. Also it is hard to throw when you are being sacked five times in a game.

#209 pirc1, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  10. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I know he sat out and the game is over, but if Tom Brady have a bad game, RG3 becomes the leader in QB rating. Have any rookie full time starter ever done that in the history of NFL?

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

just a side note, I remember some people knocking the Cousins pick. Looks like they may have pretty good trading chip in a year or 2.

12. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Its never happened before, but i think Rodgers is number 1 right now in passer rating

13. SK34

SK34 Member

so rg3 leads team to another victory after that injury.

14. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

and he's getting out of bounds now

15. SK34

SK34 Member

Wilson has been playing mind blowing lately. Can he actually win the Rookie of the Year?

16. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It's RG3's to lose. Wilson is playing awesome but a rookie who has a better QB rating than Manning is not going to lose ROY.

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

RG3 wins the NFC East, hands down he wins ROY.

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think Luck will win but I would personally select RGIII. both are great and going to continue to be great but if I had a choice I would take RGIII every time.

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

What if Seattle wins the NFC west???? That's crazy to think about albeit very unlikely.

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Russell Wilson should get some serious consideration. His team could win the freaking Super Bowl.

Both Wilson and RG3 have a dominant running game (hence their low passing attempts-actually both are pretty much identical through week 16). And like I have said many times, Luck is overworked for a rookie. He throws more than Matt Ryan!!