1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lowe Post : Daryl Morey at Sloan SAC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jordnnnn, Mar 9, 2020.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Laurel (Leibel) D’Antoni remembers the fall day in 1984 that changed her life as if it were yesterday. A successful model on her first trip to Europe, she was standing on a Milan street corner when she bumped into a girlfriend and her Italian League basketball player/boyfriend, Wally Walker.

“I was standing in front of the Benetton store waiting for the No. 54 bus. Just before it came, I spotted Mary and Wally walking down the street,” she said. “We talked and they invited me out for pizza. They said they would bring some friends.”

Walker, now the general manager of the Seattle Super-Sonics, invited Mike D’Antoni and Russ Schoene, two of his teammates from the Milan team.

“To be honest, we thought Russ and Laurel might hit it off because they were about the same age,” Walker said. “Mike was older and was dating at the time. But he likes pizza.”

Walker admits his matchmaking skills were poor, although Walker said D’Antoni had a distinct advantage over Schoene. “Mike drove both Russ and Laurel home that night. Laurel’s hotel was about five minutes from Mike’s place, but he drove about 30 minutes out of his way to take Russ home first.

“That gives you an idea of what kind of competitor we’re talking about here.”

Source
    https://www.nba.com/suns/news/tribune_romance_061004.html#

macan and D-rock like this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I think a lot of people here noticed the shift. Many moves in the past 2 seasons or so did not look Morey-like. It is tempting to put this on ownership. The timing matches.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Sloan Conference is in Boston, too. Should we quarantine Morey now?

D-rock likes this.
  4. macan

macan Member

yep put him in one of tilman's hotels and sent him some hookers for 14 days straight

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Bruh, that McHale extension was all Morey you better believe those clown moves are his too.

It's sad to see people here think so highly of Morey like if he was Elon Musk or Nikolas Tesla.
    " I wonder what algorithms he has for life" head ass. Gtfo.

He's the Patrick Beverley of GM's, all talk and no bark.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

All talk and no bark? How's his bite?

D-rock and Easy like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

Who's a good gm to you?

D-rock likes this.
  8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I really said that