1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Loser Clutchfans Members

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ElPigto, May 5, 2017.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The world is not falling apart. Just take a step back and breathe. Calm yourselves. I get it, we ****ing embarrassed the Spurs in game 1 and suddenly it seemed like we were on the way to conference finals, but this is the GOT DAMN PLAYOFFS. We are playing the SECOND ****ING BEST TEAM IN THE WEST that had one of the top defenses this season. Did you all expect for Pop to just sit back and let his team be beat? Did you all really expect the Rockets players to be hot all series?

I also understand the frustration. I hate losing too. I hate seeing my team get beat. But stop talking as if our team has mailed it in. They fought the entire game but were just not hitting shots. Give the Spurs some ****ING credit as well, their defense is disrupting the flow of our offense. The three ball and the inside game is our identity this season. Trying to incorporate a mid-range game at this point of the season is stupid. We live and die by the three. That's just reality. We been cold the past two games! It sucks. I'm just as mad as you all are at Ryan, Eric and Lou. I agree with you all, they need to wake up. Let's hope that they will.

The season has not ended. Last time I checked, I saw we are down 1-2. For those suggesting trades, how about you losers go hang out in the Random Trade Thread and get yourselves hard on all the idiotic fantasy scenarios that don't ****ing matter at this point of the season.

As far as I know, the season has not ended. As far as I know, this team was not even suppose to be competing in the second round this season. As far as I know, the Rockets are playing on Sunday night. I get you all want to be down. I get it's demoralizing seeing the Spurs dismantling us apart. I get that you all expected for this team to dominate the Spurs now that Tony went down. But just wanted to remind you all, this team was the second best team in the NBA for reason. For you all that were popping champagne bottles after game 1, I hope you all have had a rude awakening and realize that we were the underdogs in this series. The Rockets are not suppose to win this series, it's suppose to be the Spurs.

The media machine has gotten to many of you. Maybe you all do believe that Harden is suddenly surrounded by All Star teammates. Come on man, get your act together, go get laid, drunk, whatever and come back and let's cheer for our Rockets on Sunday. We may or may not win a championship this season, but this season has been hella fun. I want to win just as much as you all do, but that may not happen. Just learn to have fun.

I saw a team that lost their composure at the end of the 4th quarter and I am seeing a forum that is doing the same thing. Stop that **** and wake up. We have a game to watch on Sunday.

2. Fansince80

Fansince80 Member

It's over buddy. Hate to break reality to you.

3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Go away loser. I need some @tinman to remind this City of a little history.

Lawlruschang and Rocket PR like this.
  5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lol I said the refs made me want to turn the game off. I'm not the loser that "hates" our superstar. @DonKnock will have it all in the report.

Tfor3 likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even in it's darkest moment, the Rockets were never so obviously exposed. Pop is completely outcoaching MDA

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Also where are you if you wanna toss arms, that goes for all Spurs/mavs fans not just swgirl

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's easy for me to be optimistic about the Rockets because the Rockets winning or losing doesn't affect my life or my money.

It's not over. Leggo!

#first2four

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets have always been at their best with nothing to lose, backs against the wall. Our championship teams dug 1-3 holes CONSTANTLY.

This website is called CLUTCHfans. This city is called CLUTCHcity. (So relax, we got this)

10. Mr. Motiejunas

Sunday is a must win or its definitely over.

Tfor3 likes this.
  11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Don't look good mang, it sucks when we lose and we can't quite pinpoint it. it just seems like they had our numbers everywhere. We played hard too, even Harden was getting steals and offensive tips. But the offense looks figured out, the guys are losing confidence and doesn't know what to do and where to go.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Rockets could easily fall into a 3-1 hole. Rockets could easily come back from 3-1 afterwards.

It's just the nature of this team. I'd rather win a series inconsistently than get swept by being consistently mediocre.

Os Trigonum, ElPigto and J Sizzle like this.
  13. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I know we both watched the same game. I give Pop a ton of credit for adjusting his game plan and the Spurs for executing, but let's not kid ourselves either, the Rockets are not hitting shots. It's plain and simple, we hit a few threes and we are having a totally different conversation right now. Eric/Lou/Anderson were all ass today. We live and die. That's just the truth of this offense. We don't have low post players to throw it too, nor do have a mid-range play in our game plan. We shoot threes, we drive in, we kick out, we try to get foul, we try to get turnovers to go out in transition. When you aren't getting calls, when the Spurs big men are doing an excellent job protecting the rim and when your players cannot hit wide open threes, this offense will fall apart.

The Rockets should have been blown out today since our offense was abysmal, but our defense kept us in the game most of the time. Mike tried to make an adjustment by resting Harden earlier and letting him play the whole fourth. Unfortunately, we could not extend the run we had at the end of the 3rd. Tough game for sure. It sucks to see our players lose their composure in the 4th. I hated seeing the body language towards the end of the game. It doesn't mean we can't come back. Next game is going to be a battle for sure.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Over the years, I've trained myself to have low expectations. It pays off at times like this. If I was still a teenager, I'd be going crazy after a home loss like tonight. Now I'm wiser and I expect the Rockets to disappoint me. It helps numb the pain of a loss, and makes the wins a little sweeter.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We still in this, we are going to win the next 2 games.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

There's a reason why the Rockets aren;t hitting shots that isn't just bad luck....

basketballholic likes this.
  17. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

i'm not worried about game four. I know we lose that game and the series is over. i can sleep and move on. I am worried about the two games left in San Antonio and the fact that we need to win one of them with how the officiating has been this series I just don't see that happening.

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you. But I did see several instances of us getting wide open looks earlier in the game and not hitting. I get that the Spurs have one of the top defenses in the league, but they were making mistakes as well but we never capitalized on those either. Pop is a GOAT coach for a reason. I thought it was a bad idea to play Gasol/Aldridge together, but man, have I been proven wrong.

19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I say we take it one game at a time. We haven't even played game 4, much less won it, therefore, what's the point of you worrying about the two games in San Antonio (one which is not even guaranteed yet). The officiating has sucked at times, but that's not the reason we are down in this series.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Great defenses take you out of your comfort zone and hit your confidence. That what the spurs did. They took away the shots we love and made us take shots we were less comfortable with - and thus they miss. Sign that our team is mentally weak, unfocused, lacks discipline to push through challenges.