1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looks like our favorite person is still in school

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Stevierebel, Sep 30, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

On TRG, The Rocket Guy claimed that he did not have a Rocket media guide AT SCHOOL. Unless he is a teacher or faculty member, that makes him a student. That just blows my mind why people listen to a college student for their Rocket information. If this is true then I don't know what to think.

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Actually, Bill is a Special Education teacher in Dallas. He teaches kids with down syndrome, I believe. Despite many people's assertion that he is wrong all the time (who isn't?), Bill is a very nice guy.

3. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Uh...dude, I hate to tell you but a lot of times college students can be more in the loop than you think. I know quite a few that actually have quite a few media connections and/or connections with team officials.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm willing to bet most of the guys whose opinions on this board I enjoy reading the most are 25-or-under (ie, around that "college age").

Most of you probably couldn't even guess how old The Cat and tacoma park legend are. I don't mind listening to their opinions...

About the only loser in the bunch is gr8-1. :D

5. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Sometimes even the old farts like Dr of Dunk has something interesting to say!

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

DOD...how old are you? I am no spring chicken myself.

DaDakota

High School Class of '82

7. Band Geek Mobster

Why should we care?

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Profile For Stevierebel

Birthday: October 13, 1983

On TRG, The Rocket Guy claimed that he did not have a Rocket media guide AT SCHOOL. Unless he is a teacher or faculty member, that makes him a student. That just blows my mind why people listen to a college student for their Rocket information. If this is true then I don't know what to think.

that just blows my mind

9. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't really think that we should care.

DoD,

TPL is around Cat's age?????

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Hey Methuselah, what's up?

I just turned 31 this summer. :D

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I agree.

I think TPL may be 1 or 2 years younger if you can believe that. He's my idol. :)

12. Behad

Damn, where's grummett when I need him????:mad:

13. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Sorry for the assumption. However, why do you have to bring my age into this because I am not the one who works to try and pass along info. all the time. So why compare me to him???? We are on two different aspects of the fan involvement with the Rockets. I apologize for the wrong doing again but incorporating my age with this does not fit the situation. And did I not say that unless he is a TEACHER, THEN he is a Student. Did I outright say he was a student? I don't think so. I am sorry for this assumption Bill if you see this but that is what I thought.

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The reason your age was brought into this is the irony of the situation. Young folks have forever wanted their opinions to be listened to and considered. You characterized him as to be a questionable source of information simply because he may be a student.

In that sense, we should not value any of the information you pass along simply because you are a student.

There are probably plenty of students out there who have more of an in depth knowledge of sports than a lot of us.

15. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

What a waste of time this thread was :rolleyes:

16. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

18 here.. high school senior... who desires to A)become an agent B)get a pro sports connection C)become a team doctor or D)buy a pro franchise one day.... and if none of those work i'll settle for being rich:)

17. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

Oh and by the way our favorite person is not TRG that honor would go to Swindle. Did anybody else notice is midle initial was A. as in *******?

18. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

Bellaire High Class of '75 and Baylor University Class of '79. Does this get me in the clique now?

19. Behad

You've been the honorary president for years! Is the memory going on ya?

20. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

I guess so. People are also starting to laugh at me when I read because I keep moving the page back and forth to focus.