1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[LOL] Probable Bush press secretary on Bush

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Batman Jones, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/04/25/snow-on-bush/

Tony Snow On President Bush: ‘An Embarrassment,’ ‘Impotent,’ ‘Doesn’t Seem To Mean What He Says’

Fox News’ Tony Snow is expected to be named White House Press Secretary. Here’s some of what he’s had to say about the President:

– Bush has “lost control of the federal budget and cannot resist the temptation to stop raiding the public fisc.” [3/17/06]

– “George W. Bush and his colleagues have become not merely the custodians of the largest government in the history of humankind, but also exponents of its vigorous expansion.” [3/17/06]

– “President Bush distilled the essence of his presidency in this year’s State of the Union Address: brilliant foreign policy and listless domestic policy.” [2/3/06]

– “George Bush has become something of an embarrassment.” [11/11/05]

– Bush “has a habit of singing from the Political Correctness hymnal.” [10/7/05]

– “No president has looked this impotent this long when it comes to defending presidential powers and prerogatives.” [9/30/05]

– Bush “has given the impression that [he] is more eager to please than lead, and that political opponents can get their way if they simply dig in their heels and behave like petulant trust-fund brats, demanding money and favor — now!” [9/30/05]

– “When it comes to federal spending, George W. Bush is the boy who can’t say no. In each of his three years at the helm, the president has warned Congress to restrain its spending appetites, but so far nobody has pushed away from the table mainly because the president doesn’t seem to mean what he says.” [The Detroit News, 12/28/03]

– “The president doesn’t seem to give a rip about spending restraint.” [The Detroit News, 12/28/03]

– “Bush, for all his personal appeal, ultimately bolstered his detractors’ claims that he didn’t have the drive and work ethic to succeed.” [11/16/00]

– “Little in the character of demeanor of Al Gore or George Bush makes us say to ourselves: Now, this man is truly special! Little in our present peace and prosperity impels us to say: Give us a great man!” [8/25/00]

– “George W. Bush, meanwhile, talks of a pillowy America, full of niceness and goodwill. Bush has inherited his mother’s attractive feistiness, but he also got his father’s syntax. At one point last week, he stunned a friendly audience by barking out absurd and inappropriate words, like a soul tortured with Tourette’s.” [8/25/00]

– “He recently tried to dazzle reporters by discussing the vagaries of Congressional Budget Office economic forecasts, but his recitation of numbers proved so bewildering that not even his aides could produce a comprehensible translation. The English Language has become a minefield for the man, whose malaprops make him the political heir not of Ronald Reagan, but Norm Crosby.” [8/25/00]

– “On the policy side, he has become a classical dime-store Democrat. He gladly will shovel money into programs that enjoy undeserved prestige, such as Head Start. He seems to consider it mean-spirited to shut down programs that rip-off taxpayers and mislead supposed beneficiaries.” [8/25/00]

2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I'm going to be the first to say it and copyright it!

So? Is this a Snow job?

:D

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I would be shocked, for an admin that values loyalty over competence, national security, etc, if he ended up getting the job in light of this.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Beej - can you provide another source of those quotes other than think progress? tia

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

try clicking on the link and it will take you to a page with links which will take you to the web news source..

6. Batman Jones

Do you doubt their accuracy? Every time you play this game you lose. Click the thinkprogress link. Every one of the quotes is linked directly to another source. They're either all or most from Tony Snow's own column. Not like it makes a difference.

7. SamFisher

Texxx, you do know that a TIA source request that is successfully rebutted results in automatic ownage of the requesting party by rule. No exceptions.

I just want to make sure you know what you're getting into. You may be able to withdraw in time...edit: looks like it's too late.

8. Batman Jones

Has texxx ever had a TIA request (source or otherwise) that wasn't successfully rebutted? He obviously doesn't mind losing.

9. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

You guys harped on the administration for picking Snow because he works for FAUX NEWS (omG thYE r teH sux0Rz!!!).

I wonder if Snow's comments will change anyone's mind about the undying devotion people claim all Fox News reporters have for the Bush administration.

10. SamFisher

Nope, Snow is one of those "have your cake and eat it too" republicans on fox news who likes to whine about the deficit and claim that President Bush is spending out of control, blah blah blah, not a real conservative, yet who gladly lined up with the rest of the peanut gallery behind things like tax cuts and the Iraq war in other words the things that cost the most money. And then later on they whine and whine about it when Bush's poll numbers drop. It would be funny if it wasn't sad.

#10 SamFisher, Apr 25, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  11. bigtexxx

I don't view a "TIA" request as a battle or some kind of competition. Unlike many liberals on this board, I keep an open mind about all topics until I've read and understood the facts. When I put out a request for more data, I'm in fact search mode. Beejster - I'd suggest that you relax a bit. Go smoke a bowl with moon. Not everything is the battle that you have concocted in your head.

12. SamFisher

Doubtful. Everybody on the internets knows that a TIA request is a preemptive pwnage call, and if successfully rebutted, the pwnage is reversed and channeled back towards the TIA requester. It's essentially a "I'm rubber your glue" principle. If the TIA requester is rebutted, the rebutter becomes vulcanized and the pwnage simply bounces off, aimed squarely back at the direction of its orgin, owing to basic Newtonian physics.

13. Batman Jones

Your mean.

14. bigtexxx

Sam where I come from, saying "thank you" is common courtesy. I'm not sure what theories and principles you are your internet buddies have put together, but I choose not to adhere to them.

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

really? u big on courtesy?

16. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

This could have all been avoided if bt had clicked on the original link provided. Now, what is "TIA" anyway...

[​IMG]

17. bigtexxx

Attention liberals: Just so you are aware in advance, I will not click on your links to the following sites: commondreams dot org, thinkprogress, dailykos, the Guardian, the NY Times, huffington post, moveon dot org or crooksandliars. I reserve the right to made additions to this list in the future. If you would like to convince the board about your point of view, please begin with a source other than the above. THANKS IN ADVANCE

18. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

You've never read anything posted here from those sites?

[edit] I mean, you've never followed a link to one of those sites?

19. SamFisher

texxx you are setting yourself up for a double self-pwnage over the same subject matter in one night. This is unprecedented and I am truly stunned.

20. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Then just a post or two later.

Bigtexx can't help it. He is an innocent in a way. like that other biz school grad his hero, The Decider, he makes these statements, yet sees no contradictions.