1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LOL COWGIRLS LOSE AGAIN!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Possum, Sep 22, 2002.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Yep, this just about sums up the game. Now, obviously Dallas would have had a tough time winning without the mistakes, but the mistakes pretty much killed the team. I can think of about 3 or 4 plays on D on either 3rd or 4th down where a dumb mistake cost the Cowboys. The fake FG just kills me and the offsides on a punt just really hurt. QC did pretty good on his pass plays, but like BanginScrew said, they were all short passes. This didn't help when they were down by a few TD's.

However, I think that with some more time the offense will come. Its a new offense where even the line learns something new, and they've only played together for maybe 2 or 3 games. Emmit even said something about the offense. As for D, I think they may just need some times as well. The D-line has really suprised me. Glover was a HUGE addition. Hardy's done ok, as well. If the corners can play better, were ok again. (hopefully DG will be healthy soon.)

Oh... went on a bit too much. :D
    I expected the Cowboys to make the playoffs, but I underestimated a few things. Mainly how long the new O would take to learn.

As for the Texans, I'll be honest and say I didn't expect them to make the playoffs. I expected them to do a lot better than most expansion teams, but they IMO weren't ready. Also felt that they may have wanted to chill a bit and get some picks. But they're a lot tougher than that.

#21 RC Cola, Sep 23, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2002
  2. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

I don't think most people expected the Cowboys to make the playoffs. I know I didn't. I do however expect them to improve from last year. Not only in their record but also in the play on the field. Most articles I read had the Cowboys going 7-9, and missing the playoffs again. Personally I predicted 8-8 (also missing the playoffs). At the pace they're going they should still end up 8-8 (which I still think they will).

I think part of the problem with the offense is that the Cowboys don't have the right type of personel on the O-Line to run a WCO. We need guys that are not as fat, and are more athletic. Gurode, and Allen are talented enough to work in a WCO but I'm not too sure about Flozell, Page, and Garmon. Those guys were perfect for the Timing based offense but they are just to fat and slow for a WCO.

3. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Fair enough. Everybody (except BanginScrew) was talking about how the Cowboys were going to the playoffs. :D

You must admit that A LOT of Cowboys supporters were expecting a playoff run this year. I agree with you about the O-line...but they also will never get anywhere with QC as the QB.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I had to put up with Cowpie fans at work saying how the game was stolen from them... lol. I just sat there with a grin on my face as I couldn't believe how long 3 guys could ramble about having a 30+ point loss be a game that was stolen from them by officials. lol. I had another friend say something like "Yeah, the Texans got beat too, you know". My only response was, "we suck because we're an expansion team... what the hell is your excuse?"

Damn, this is fun. :D

5. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

Yea, I have some fans that were optomistic enough to think we could get into the playoffs but even those guys thought we would be 1 and done.

As for QC, I'm starting to come to that realization. Personally I'll give him two more games. He hasn't been completely terrible. He's kept his int's a minimum. I want to say he has only thrown 2 so far this year. He has his moments were I say "That is how Quincy is suppose to play" then he'll have plays where I'm screaming at my tv at how much he sucks.

Another thing that has me leaning towards the "Quincy Sucks" side is when i look at how good Vick has been playing. I've been giving Q the benefit of the doubt because this was only his 11th game as a starter, and he has had to learn another new offensive system. However when I was watching Vick play, and they were mentioning that Vick hasn't even started his 11th game yet, not to mention that he is also learning a new system there should be no reason Q can't at least come close to the leve of play that Vick hs displayed. Now I know Vick has more talent but Q has more talent around him.

Like I said, I'll give Carter two more games before I will officially say that Q sucks. I do however think that he would be better suited as a backup.