1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LOL COWGIRLS LOSE AGAIN!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Possum, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Possum

Possum Member

Yeh the Texans lost too but at least they were competitve. :p :p :p Man those playoff hopes are getting slimmer and slimmer. :( :p

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I'm a semi-Cowboy fan, and I expected Philly to roll. They've killed the Cowboys the last 3 years or so. Cowboys look like a 7-9 or so team.

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Hmm...we're aren't going to discuss every Cowboy game, are we?

Dallas had a few dumb mistakes which may have cost them the game. In the beginning, David Akers, the Eagles K, put on his jukes and got a 1st down on a fake. We also threw someone down after the whistle and looked pretty bad in the secondary. Had some good pass rushing early, but slowed down drastically later. DM just killed the D. If Dallas had the WR's covered, he ran. If they tried to get him, he passed and got a TD. It looked terrible.

As for positives, the kickoff return for 100yds and a TD was nice. The offense was ok. QC got 201 yds with a pretty good completion rate, but he fumbles twice on throws. (when you pull back, your arm goes foward but the ball slips out.) PHI also pressured him a little and he doesn't do so well then. Emmit was ok. Didn't really throw down field, but that may have been due to the PHI D. Plus, not having Larry Allen helps them too.

Well, we got another tough game next...hmm...and you don't have to make another thread for that too.

(btw, our offense still hasn't clicked yet. Its no excuse, but we're still not used to it.)

4. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

LOL TEXANS LOSE AGAIN!!!

5. Possum

Possum Member

Yeh but we beat your team and like i said, at least we were competitive! :p

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Of course, there's a difference when one team is in the game throughout and playing hard and another is literally being embarrassed. It should also say something that the team being embarrassed is not the expansion team.

7. Timing

Timing Member

Nah, only when they lose... I mean yeah just about every game. ;)

8. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Come on guys, can't we all just get along! :(

*prepares for insults.*

9. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

Once again cat, im not comparing the teams. I was just mentioning how THE TEXANS LOST.

10. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

No offense Cowboy fans but who cares if the Cowboys won or lost, this forum is for the Texans, Comets and Astros....in other words "Houston" teams. It appears a Texan fan started this thread for no other reason then to take a jab at the Cowboys.......give it a rest

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who cares if you are comparing teams? We can. :D

12. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

I can name one of them...Letting philly score 44 points.

13. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

OMG!!!...44 points LOL!!! I feel better about my Texans already! :D

14. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only problem I have with this thread is that we play Philly next week...so if we give up a similar number of points or (god forbid) MORE points, it will come right back and bite us in the ass.

15. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Yikes, I didn't think about that Raven,...but one thing that is true is the Texans' defense IS better than the cowgirls defense after all....so I feel better regarding that!

16. Christopher

Christopher Member

I was going to wake up at 4am in the morning to watch that Cowboys game (Sydney, Aus). Thank god I didnt!

I follow both the Cowboys and Texans....great week so far!

17. mduke

mduke Member

David Carr is so good, I think he should be the MVP.

18. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

Dallas was actually doing pretty good until they started kicking their own a$$. They had almost 100 yards in penalties, and fumbled 3 times. The rookies made several mistakes, and the play calling was pretty bland. I still think the Cowboys will end up with an 8-8 record.

They do however need a serious upgrade in talent at RB, CB, O-Line, backup LB, and QB.

19. Dirt

Dirt Member

Philly was kickin Dallas butt with or without "Dallas mistakes". Had Philly's starters played the whole game,they coulda put 60 on the board. Dallas is a 5 win team........at best.

20. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Here's the difference...everybody was talking trash about how the Cowboys were going to be in the playoffs. NOBODY actually thought the Texans would come close to a winning record, much less the playoffs.

In the end...it looks like the Cowboys are light years behind where they thought they were.