1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Local woman concerned by Democrats!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jan 18, 2020.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Looks like a wave function collapsed

KingCheetah and B-Bob like this.
  2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I heard they borrowed the technology to achieve this from the same people who insist men can be women.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Are you referring to transgenders? Isn't your type of rhetoric leading to their high suicide rates? Can't you just leave them alone?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Atoms aren't empty space they are full of waves.

~Kelly Slater

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

There are laws to protect consumer against fake and misleading ads. Should have something similar for political ads.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I can’t believe these rich folks can’t afford to use a bit of technology to alter stacies the moms a bit. Almost as if they are so used to lies that they just don’t give a fk.

peleincubus likes this.
  7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

When people stop denying science...

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

As a man of science and not political hackery, I take it you are a strong green new deal advocate with the overwhelming science on climate change ? Or is that where you quickly tap out and gleefully join the group of people denying science?

A group on the right gets clowned for something that's genuinely funny (relatively light-hearted too) and fully is deserving of being clowned, and you come in and make a totally unrelated swing on trans people due to the thread topic being indefensible, in order to get some form rebuttal for your team.

Noice m8.

dachuda86 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I don't think the green new deal addresses climate change in a realistic manner. That bill is a trojan horse for other garbage policy. And it's not a swing at trans people. It's a swing at people who deny science. Trans people are welcome to do what they want, but society at-large doesn't have to adjust to every whim from everyone.

I really like how you think I deny Climate Change. You really thought you had me. Just more of your lame tactics to try to box me in with every opinion you detest.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

My bad I must have been remembering some **** talking about AOC / Green new deal and thought you denied climate change, but genuinely glad to eat **** and be wrong on this one lol.

And we probably agree more then we disagree on trans people, my point is, what the hell does this thread have to do with them? Why bait and switch into trans people instead of laughing at the silliness of the story?

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

How are you so confident in your claims when you have the most basic misunderstanding of the "Green New Deal" ? The Green New Deal is a NON BINDING resolution of their ultimate goals. There is no enforcement mechanism within their proposal.

The reality is that it's going to take a massive piece of binding legislation and enforcement to tackle climate change. A deal as large as the New Deal is going to be necessary.

Private markets won't solve this issue. The largest publicly traded companies on the planet that have the largest carbon footprint have temporary investors in share holders and temporary employees in executives who represent the interests of the shareholders to maximize profits. The average executive of these large corporations last an average of 1-3 years. All they care about is maximizing the profits of the company for those 1-3 years so they can put it on their resume for their next gig.

There is no insentive from these massive corporations to care about the sustainability of their company 20 years down the line. There are no natural market forces that will combat climate change in the free market.